Roosh Hour #70 – Supply Chain Shock

Easy_C

Peacock
Is this supply chain disruption a west coast thing? I live in the southeast and haven't seen the slightest indication of this at all. Shelves at my local stores are stocked as normal. Haven't noticed prices going up on anything over the past year either, though that could be due to lack of attention on my part. Toilet paper was gone because of panic-buying last spring, but that's the only disruption I've observed.

I'm guessing the jam in California ports is causing problems getting stuff into the west coast but I assume shipping to the east coast is proceeding as normal. Or I'm just really fortunate to live somewhere that is shielded somehow or another from much of the insanity gripping the world right now.

No. Seems to be an East Coast thing as well. I'm also seeing it in a number of MidWest cities like Columbus, Ohio. I was traveling last week, and I-70 (the main East-West Highway) which is normally full of semis in the evening was almost completely dark while traveling. What you usually expect if you're driving between 8PM and Midnight is to be dodging groups of semis the entire time. On this trip they were rare and I'd only see small groups coming in the other direction every few minutes. Normally busy truck stops were mostly empty.

It's also noticeable for online orders.

e2dd

Chicken
Incidentally, sodium hydroxide is lye, not bleach -- though that's hardly an improvement. On second thought I'd rather consume small amounts of bleach than lye.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
No. Seems to be an East Coast thing as well. I'm also seeing it in a number of MidWest cities like Columbus, Ohio. I was traveling last week, and I-70 (the main East-West Highway) which is normally full of semis in the evening was almost completely dark while traveling. What you usually expect if you're driving between 8PM and Midnight is to be dodging groups of semis the entire time. On this trip they were rare and I'd only see small groups coming in the other direction every few minutes. Normally busy truck stops were mostly empty.

It's also noticeable for online orders.
In Florida, I noticed pet food is dwindling, but beyond that the shelves seem normal.

e2dd

Chicken
You make many good points in this video, but I disagree with you on one. If a man creates, for example, a machine tooling business, and that business reaches a market valuation of $200 million based on earnings and assets, then the proper answer to anyone who says they will liquidate half that business and give the proceeds to someone else is not simply "no." The proper answer is three well-placed rounds from an AR-15.

Easy_C

Peacock
You make many good points in this video, but I disagree with you on one. If a man creates, for example, a machine tooling business, and that business reaches a market valuation of $200 million based on earnings and assets, then the proper answer to anyone who says they will liquidate half that business and give the proceeds to someone else is not simply "no." The proper answer is three well-placed rounds from an AR-15.

501D692E-0753-4C3E-9CD5-2F6D933541C2.jpeg

e2dd

Chicken
No no, not fedposting -- I am talking about simple defense of property, which is still *technically* legal. There is nothing illegal, and especially nothing immoral, about defending life and property with force of arms.

e2dd

Chicken
That said, I am perfectly willing to avoid direct reference to the use of weapons, even legal and moral usage, should the moderator wish to avoid the subject entirely. I would understand that, and in any case this forum is the exclusive property of Roosh.

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
The stuff about Canola oil is fascinating. Roosh, have you read Wheat Belly? It's about how the genetically-modified "dwarf" wheat used in most bread today is horrible for your health and a major contributor to obesity and other western health woes, much along the same lines as unhealthy vegetable oils.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
The stuff about Canola oil is fascinating. Roosh, have you read Wheat Belly? It's about how the genetically-modified "dwarf" wheat used in most bread today is horrible for your health and a major contributor to obesity and other western health woes, much along the same lines as unhealthy vegetable oils.
Haven't read that book but I do believe modern wheat is different from wheat a few years ago. When Jesus was giving out bread to the multitude, I can't imagine anyone in that crowd being "gluten intolerant".

SeaEagle

Robin
Catholic
Haven't read that book but I do believe modern wheat is different from wheat a few years ago. When Jesus was giving out bread to the multitude, I can't imagine anyone in that crowd being "gluten intolerant".
Does sourdough fermentation make wheat more digestable? Is rye better also? Pardon the cope but I love bread.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Does sourdough fermentation make wheat more digestable? Is rye better also? Pardon the cope but I love bread.
You have to experiment. Everyone's digestive system is different. The less processed the bread, the more it is fermented, the more digestible it will be.

nagareboshi

Woodpecker
Orthodox

With regard to bread, the good keywords to look for are "organic, fermented, sprouted, heritage wheat". As far as I know, this is the best we can do to maximize the health of our bread.

Arby

Pigeon
Woman
Atheist
I recently found out that I can't use American recipes for bread as is, because European wheat is lower in gluten and that makes for quite a different consistency.

Also, have y'all heard of the guy who made authentic Egyptian bread? He used a yeast culture he had taken from actual ancient Egyptian bread or clay pots and an old variety of wheat and apparently it was completely unlike anything he'd ever eaten before.