Rosaries

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
I notice their 'battle beads' are similar enough to my Chaplet of the Holy Face they must have been the same manufacturer. It's a solid piece. I've been tempted to order something from them - I've repaired my Rosary about 4 times in three years - but they're a pricey item if you're not in America, and, well, I like that my Rosary is battle-scarred, like myself.

I'd warn against the Knights of Columbus and the Knights Templar ones for their esoteric connotations.

Easy_C

Crow
Look at the KoC logo.

For style i'm not too worried about them looking masculine. It's an item that is for the Blessed Mother after all.

Personally I'm partial to ones with crystal beads. I've got one from the Vatican store and another from my childhood that's going to the oldest kid when they are old enough for first communion.

I'm going to be hand-making crystal rosaries for the other kids. It's surpisingly easy to do although somewhat time consuming.

Brother Abdul Majeed

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I had a Rosary that was given to me by a priest in Japan when I was 6 years old.
I've often ignored it and sometimes went years without even touching it, especially in my twenties. I'm 54 now.
I have sporadically picked it up and prayed with it throughout my life, but not consistently. However, I was aware of it and always knew I had it.

Just earlier this year it broke.

I own a building with a few apartments, and right now I live in one of those apartments.
A couple of years ago the apartment (as well as three others) was rented out to an organization of doctors who tended to the Indians on the outer islands. The doctor who lived in the apartment was a bit despondent because he was the fellow who had to remain here over the Christmas season while everyone else in his organization got to go home. We found him dead in the apartment one day shortly after Christmas. He was surrounded in filth, empty bottles, blood and urine. He was only in his mid thirties. It was a job cleaning the apartment up as well as dealing with the police. It's as if he gave up on his will to live.

Anyhow, I live in that apartment now, and I have always felt a bad presence there.
One day I came back to the apartment and the chain of the Rosary was broken with a few beads scattered on the floor. Since moving into the place I had always kept it wrapped around a microscope that I have perched on a ledge. Since I'm the landlord, I'm the only person with keys to the room. I had only recently started praying with it again.

Make what you will of this story, but I'm being 100% truthful.

RoadKill503

Sparrow
I have one of their Rosaries, it's high quality, durable and has a good weight to it. The beads are large and very solid. Highly recommend. I also have one of their St. Benedict chaplets hanging in my car.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
Anyhow, I live in that apartment now, and I have always felt a bad presence there.
One day I came back to the apartment and the chain of the Rosary was broken with a few beads scattered on the floor. Since moving into the place I had always kept it wrapped around a microscope that I have perched on a ledge. Since I'm the landlord, I'm the only person with keys to the room. I had only recently started praying with it again.
I'd ask a Catholic Priest to come and take a look at the place and at least give it a minor exorcism.