Rosaries

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
I notice their 'battle beads' are similar enough to my Chaplet of the Holy Face they must have been the same manufacturer. It's a solid piece. I've been tempted to order something from them - I've repaired my Rosary about 4 times in three years - but they're a pricey item if you're not in America, and, well, I like that my Rosary is battle-scarred, like myself.

I'd warn against the Knights of Columbus and the Knights Templar ones for their esoteric connotations.

Easy_C

Crow
Look at the KoC logo.

For style i'm not too worried about them looking masculine. It's an item that is for the Blessed Mother after all.

Personally I'm partial to ones with crystal beads. I've got one from the Vatican store and another from my childhood that's going to the oldest kid when they are old enough for first communion.

I'm going to be hand-making crystal rosaries for the other kids. It's surpisingly easy to do although somewhat time consuming.

Brother Abdul Majeed

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I had a Rosary that was given to me by a priest in Japan when I was 6 years old.
I've often ignored it and sometimes went years without even touching it, especially in my twenties. I'm 54 now.
I have sporadically picked it up and prayed with it throughout my life, but not consistently. However, I was aware of it and always knew I had it.

Just earlier this year it broke.

I own a building with a few apartments, and right now I live in one of those apartments.
A couple of years ago the apartment (as well as three others) was rented out to an organization of doctors who tended to the Indians on the outer islands. The doctor who lived in the apartment was a bit despondent because he was the fellow who had to remain here over the Christmas season while everyone else in his organization got to go home. We found him dead in the apartment one day shortly after Christmas. He was surrounded in filth, empty bottles, blood and urine. He was only in his mid thirties. It was a job cleaning the apartment up as well as dealing with the police. It's as if he gave up on his will to live.

Anyhow, I live in that apartment now, and I have always felt a bad presence there.
One day I came back to the apartment and the chain of the Rosary was broken with a few beads scattered on the floor. Since moving into the place I had always kept it wrapped around a microscope that I have perched on a ledge. Since I'm the landlord, I'm the only person with keys to the room. I had only recently started praying with it again.

Make what you will of this story, but I'm being 100% truthful.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
Anyhow, I live in that apartment now, and I have always felt a bad presence there.
One day I came back to the apartment and the chain of the Rosary was broken with a few beads scattered on the floor. Since moving into the place I had always kept it wrapped around a microscope that I have perched on a ledge. Since I'm the landlord, I'm the only person with keys to the room. I had only recently started praying with it again.

I'd ask a Catholic Priest to come and take a look at the place and at least give it a minor exorcism.

redbeard

Hummingbird
What do you think of these rosaries from Rugged Rosaries. They are more masculine than the typical rosary.

I like them. I've hinted to the girl that it'd be a good gift.

The design and everything is cool, but what really stood out is the historical significance. It's crazy to think that back in the day, the government issued prayer beads to soldiers. Now they're more likely to issue sex changes.

MKDAWUSS

Kingfisher
I might have to get a couple. Especially if they last as the name implies. I have seen a number of nice Rosaries fall apart after frequent use (chain becomes undone, the cross gets bent)...

kel

Pelican
I've been looking for a wooden rosary, preferably darker wood, with a Mary centerpiece and simple cross, preferably in a gold/brass color. Something nice but simple, a lot of rosaries are awfully gaudy, and those that aren't are cheap. Some of these are nice, maybe I'll find something. If not, I was planning on making my own but have been forgetful.

ginsu

Woodpecker
What do you think of these rosaries from Rugged Rosaries. They are more masculine than the typical rosary.

This is really amazing, does anyone know of similar vendors in europe ?. That sell models from european countries. yes i know usa is european heritage also. I what i will do first as a good option is to order paracord, metal beads, and whatever cross you prefer and create your own paracord rosary as they show.

Last edited:

BadWhite

I have two handmade rosaries from these wonderful Carmelite Sisters and I aver that they are the BEST rosaries you can find (customed designed by me)...They do cost a pretty penny but WELL worth it. I've had both rosaries for 10-11 years and carried them all through a deployment to Iraq and they are sturdy and have never broken. Before I got these, I went through several rosaries a year and they would always break especially where it links to the centerpiece but not with these because they use "bows" instead of jacket links (? the site explains how they're made). They would be great as a gift if you were going to gift someone a rosary...you can custom design it yourself on their site and they will build it. These will last a lifetime.

SDatRR

I notice their 'battle beads' are similar enough to my Chaplet of the Holy Face they must have been the same manufacturer.

Full disclosure ... I work at Rugged Rosaries. We manufacture the WWI Battle Beads Combat Rosaries ourselves in our own shop in Houston Texas. We have been making them since 2012. There are a couple of other companies who have copied our designs that are also making similar rosaries. Just be careful buying some of the ones you see on ebay and amazon because there are some really bad copies being made in China that even have misspelled devotions on them.

And yes, I'm sorry the shipping out of the USA is so expensive. I wish there was a more economical way to ship to the EU and beyond.

SDatRR

They still do. Or perhaps it's funded by the Church, but RC chaplains are always handing them out.
Yes... I work for Rugged Rosaries. We do huge bulk orders to military chaplains all the time. Just sent a big batch to the new SPACE FORCE at Peterson AFB in Colorado! The program there is really something. We also recently sent out 400 paracord rosaries to Goodfellows AFB. More than one chaplain has told me that soldiers really want something they can hold onto or strap to their gear even non-Catholics. It gives them comfort.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Full disclosure ... I work at Rugged Rosaries. We manufacture the WWI Battle Beads Combat Rosaries ourselves in our own shop in Houston Texas. We have been making them since 2012. There are a couple of other companies who have copied our designs that are also making similar rosaries. Just be careful buying some of the ones you see on ebay and amazon because there are some really bad copies being made in China that even have misspelled devotions on them.

And yes, I'm sorry the shipping out of the USA is so expensive. I wish there was a more economical way to ship to the EU and beyond.
Great to see you here. I've been thinking of picking one up for a while.

Please note our rules on promoting products. Your past two posts are OK since they're in response to the thread, but just pointing it out since we'd hate for you to get banned.

Welcome!