Russia Culture General

Argus101

Sparrow
Protestant
And of course there are the wonderful books by Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. The Dos masterpiece is -- for me -- Demons. Tolstoy was so consistently amazing, but there was something about his late period shorts that stuck out to me (eg. The Kreutzer Sonata and the Forged Coupon). And probably every word by Chekhov.
The most chilling short fiction I have ever read is "The Death of Ivan Ilyich" by Leo Tolstoy. It's more scary than any horror movie I've seen!

MRBR1908

Sparrow
Other Christian
Two year old Tzar Nicholas with his mother, 1870. Yes, they used to put dresses on boys back then, dont know why.

View attachment 40309

Back in the day it was common practice that infants (boys and girls) wore dresses up to a certain age, usually past potty training as the dress (which hey Scots did wear kilts) was easier to take care of sanitary needs. Many cultures had something around the 5/6 year age range where the boy got his first pair of short pants and the differentiation in clothing started. Also in the past pink was more of a boys color and blue girls, but that got switched in the United States for example in the early 1900's. Lots of unusual culture things from the past. Now we will put boys in dresses because you know two year old boys might identify as girls.

Stoyan

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Two year old Tzar Nicholas with his mother, 1870. Yes, they used to put dresses on boys back then, dont know why.
In my like 10 years of studying Russian culture, I have never seen anything like this before. I have heard of women wearing men's clothes, for example to fight in wars, but I have never heard boys wearing dresses before. Maybe this was a single case?

Stoyan

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Thus, there is a natural continuity between the cultures from ancient times.

So there is continuity even between Russia and Native Americans? It makes sense since the "native" Americans are Siberian immigrants, like the Saami in Scandinavia.

Indeed, there is much connection between the Russians and other peoples of Eurasia, who used to be part of one single civilization.

Russia has a very ancient connection with India. For example, one people in northern India, the Sikhs, have the exact same horseback riding art, as Cossacks do. Even their outfits are very similar. The Scythians, Sarmatians, Central Asian peoples, Slavs, etc, are all descended from the ancient Aryans, who were steppe nomads who invented this horseback riding art, and used it to conquer India. They came from Russia. They had no relation to Hitler's made up "Aryans", no these people were horse nomads who lived in Eurasia. The ancient Aryans were a cultural identity, rather than a racial one. They took Slavic, Mongoloid, and Indian tribes into their culture, or into their empire. So we have remnants of the ancient Aryans as Cossacks, Sikhs, Mongols, Caucasians, Uighurs, and others also.

There are movements in modern day Russia to try to uncover the true ancient history of the Russian people, and their neighboring Eurasian peoples, in order to recover from the lies that German pseudo-historians wrote about Russian history. They go very deep into the subject and uncover such information that completely turns the western historical narrative on it's head.