Ruth Ginsburg Dead

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
Im not sure. We would see an increase in pregnant teenagers using a coat hanger or other object to abort themselves and accidentally kill themselves in the process

That is the reality.
And Criminals will also find a way despite the Law making it illegal.

Sure. Murder can be unsafe. But what is safe about Murder really? If she dies in the attempt it is Just Deserts.

Making Murder safe for the Perpetrator isn't a Good.

The same argument could be applied to Thieves and Rapists.

Why should Thieves not be safe to Steal or Rapists be safe from the avenging Brothers and Fathers Deputized to take in the Perpetrator.

Last edited:

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member
Sure. Murder can be unsafe. But what is safe about Murder really? If she dies in the attempt it is Just Deserts.
No. If you've ever had a pregnancy scare as a young man you'd know things are slightly more complicated than this.

Yes abortion is wrong, but some 17 yr old girl who is more afraid of her father than a coat hanger doesn't deserve to die for acting in fear.

Elipe

Woodpecker
No. If you've ever had a pregnancy scare as a young man you'd know things are slightly more complicated than this.

Yes abortion is wrong, but some 17 yr old girl who is more afraid of her father than a coat hanger doesn't deserve to die for acting in fear.
*sigh*

I'm going to avoid the theological debate on what "deserve" means, and just counter your rhetoric with better rhetoric: 17 year old girls don't deserve to die for hanging over cliffs to take selfies either, but you don't see us installing safety nets around cliffs.

There shouldn't be safety nets for that kind of stupid.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
The onion has nothing on the Babylon bee
The Onion used to be funny until they were bought by mainstream media and turned into a lame political propaganda machine masquerading as satire. Before that happened, they used to to write some really nice stuff:

Well, I Guess I'll Just Take My Business To Another Soulless Multinational Corporation

The nerve of you people. Treating a longtime patron with so little respect, like I'm just another walking dollar sign. If that's what passes for customer service around here, you sadly leave me with no choice but to have the exact same experience at another giant soulless multinational corporation somewhere else.

Maybe one that knows how to rob its customers of a fraction less dignity.

Every single time I'm in here—without fail—it's been the same god-awful experience. But this! This is a new low for you guys. I don't even know why I still bother coming here when I could happily take my business to one of the faceless global entities around the corner and be equally insulted and dehumanized there. My insignificant contribution to the bottom line could easily be theirs for the taking!

What do you think about that, you crooks? I don't have to bend over and take this from you. I can bend over and take this from one of your sprawling, heavily franchised rivals.

Do you think you're my only source for generic, mass-produced merchandise? You're not the only vertically integrated international conglomerate with retail locations on five continents in this town, you know. Maybe you weren't aware, but there are three or four morally bereft megacorporations hawking the same stuff within 10 minutes' drive, and quite frankly, I'd be glad to engage in an emotionless transaction with any of them.

Okay, sure, I'll concede that it was your competitive, high-volume discounts that got me in here in the first place. But that's not the point. The point is that I'm an individual— an individual who has free will in choosing which uncaring global monolith to spend her money at.

Face it, you're a disgrace, and I'm going to tell everyone I know not to shop here and these actions will affect your multibillion dollar company in no way whatsoever.

So there!

And you know what? Have it your way. Don't bring out your supervisor. I'd much rather stand in line at some other big-box store, ask the same question, and eventually be told to just call the company's 1-800 number. There are plenty of other chains I can go to that are probably owned by the same parent company as you are and would no doubt be thrilled to abuse my loyalty at the drop of a hat, leaving me in the very same predicament I'm in now.

Well, this has been a complete waste of an afternoon. What a shame that I'm now going to walk out of here humiliated and totally empty-handed. You see what's happening right now? This is $26.99 putting away her wallet, getting in her car, and driving to one of your competitors, who truly won't give a shit.

So I hope you're all really proud of yourselves. Because you just lost an instantly replaceable customer for good.

Departing Obama Tearfully Shoos Away Loyal Drone Following Him Out Of White House

WASHINGTON—Stopping and turning around as he made his way across the South Lawn after hearing the unmanned aerial vehicle hovering just feet behind him, outgoing President Barack Obama tearfully shooed away a loyal MQ-9 Reaper drone attempting to follow him out of the White House, sources confirmed Friday. “Go on now—get out of here!” said the former commander-in-chief, his lower lip trembling and his eyes welling with tears as he affected a stern tone of voice in an attempt to scare off the faithful hunter-killer drone that had spent the past eight years obediently at his side. “You can’t come with me anymore, you got that? Can’t you see this is for your own good? Now scram. What are you waiting for? Go!” At press time, a heartbroken Obama had thrown a rock in the drone’s direction, causing the unmanned aerial vehicle to flee into the sky, where it paused to look back one last time at its old master before flying off toward a Yemeni tribal wedding.

Now all they produce is unfunnny hipster "humor" and DNC propaganda:

St. Louis Couple That Brandished Guns At BLM Protestors To Speak At RNC

A lawyer for Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who face felony charges for waving firearms at Black Lives Matter demonstrators walking down their street in June, confirmed the couple have been invited to speak at the 2020 Republican National Convention. What do you think?

“Good choice. There was something so articulate and eloquent about the way they waved loaded firearms at people.”
EMILY SARVIS • HANDKERCHIEF ADVOCATE

“Better be careful, those folks flip out when a camera is pointed at them.”
KIRK JOHNSTONE • FLOUR MILLER

“The DNC must be embarrassed that all they could get was Michelle Obama.”
AXEL COLE • PAINTBALL SPOKESPERSON

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member

You have to be kidding me. The number of those mythical 17-year old girls who died from mutilating themselves with coat hangers had been collapsing for decades and by the point of Roe v. Wade, amounted to almost a statistical error:

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
The Onion used to be funny until they were bought by mainstream media and turned into a lame political propaganda machine masquerading as satire. Before that happened, they used to to write some really nice stuff:

Now all they produce is unfunnny hipster "humor" and DNC propaganda:

dicknixon72

Pelican
A couple good ones from the older ONN...