Ruth Ginsburg Dead

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
How the hell do they know how many women died from illegal abortions in the 1300's?

Aloha!
You got it the opposite. The Y (up-down) axis is the number of deaths. The X (left-right) axis is the year. That means that in 1941, around 1300 women died from illegal abortions. By 1967, the number was down to around 180, and by 1973 it was less than 100. But somehow we need to keep abortion legal or all those poor teenagers will get killed by coat hangers.

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member
You have to be kidding me. The number of those mythical 17-year old girls who died from mutilating themselves with coat hangers had been collapsing for decades and by the point of Roe v. Wade, amounted to almost a statistical error:
Thanks for the stats. In fact I was arguing against his moral justification, in that any woman who attempts abortion and dies as a result deserves it.

He seems to have forgotten that if the woman dies so does the unborn child.

But that wasn't my point. No one deserves to die. Even capital punishment is reserved solely for those who are deemed to be beyond reform and are a danger to society.

Condemning a female for her solipsism is like shooting a dog for sniffing your crotch. Women are what they are, and their misdeeds won't go unpunished. They simply can't help themselves.

RBG's legislation is for women without male leadership. And although today's women may be beyond help, it's tomorrow's women that need not be punished for the sins of the generation before them. We all I know how low women will sink if allowed. Big surprise there.

Maybe the bigger question is, do brainwashed people who act on their programming by harming others deserve to die?

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
You got it the opposite. The Y (up-down) axis is the number of deaths. The X (left-right) axis is the year. That means that in 1941, around 1300 women died from illegal abortions. By 1967, the number was down to around 180, and by 1973 it was less than 100. But somehow we need to keep abortion legal or all those poor teenagers will get killed by coat hangers.
Yeah I read that wrong. They didn't even have coat hangers in the 1300's.

Aloha!

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member

Leave him alone you big bully. He was on a roll.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
Thanks for the stats. In fact I was arguing against his moral justification, in that any woman who attempts abortion and dies as a result deserves it.

He seems to have forgotten that if the woman dies so does the unborn child.

But that wasn't my point. No one deserves to die. Even capital punishment is reserved solely for those who are deemed to be beyond reform and are a danger to society.

Condemning a female for her solipsism is like shooting a dog for sniffing your crotch. Women are what they are, and their misdeeds won't go unpunished. They simply can't help themselves.

RBG's legislation is for women without male leadership. And although today's women may be beyond help, it's tomorrow's women that need not be punished for the sins of the generation before them. We all I know how low women will sink if allowed. Big surprise there.

Maybe the bigger question is, do brainwashed people who act on their programming by harming others deserve to die?
(Genesis 9:6). Murder remains murder. And putting it in a nice sounding word "abortion" doesn't change the nature of the crime.

And I believe in Capital Punishment for it because God commanded it right at the passage I cited. Indicating the Law that all Mankind is follow.

Are the Charles Manson killers responsible for their actions?
Is a mass shooting spree not a crime if done out of fear or brainwashing?

I don't see any evidence in scripture freeing women from moral responsibility.

But if you are non-believer that viewpoint is understandable.

Last edited:

Athanasius

Kingfisher
Satanism was trending today. And with it were a multitude of midwit posts saying that no, we don't worship the devil silly, we are atheists who support liberation....

JayR

Woodpecker
I knocked up my girlfriend in college by mistake in 1985. Classic broken condom situation. Just like I'll never forget pulling out the shredded condom, I'll never forget squeezing into the phone booth with her a week later while she called the health center and got the results of the pregnancy test. We were both 19.

She got an abortion, and I did not object, and drove her to and from the clinic. I think I probably even paid for it. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time -- we were both young, and neither of us intended to conceive a child. We separated after graduation.

I'm 54 now, and one of my greatest, maybe only, regrets in life is that I never had a son. I wonder often if the fetus was a boy. It haunts me.

I'm against abortion, but sometimes I feel like a hypocrite because I encouraged one for my own perceived benefit.

However, in 1985, Plan B did not exist. It was RU486 (medicinal abortion), the clinic, or adoption.

If the condom breaks today, just pop a pill! It is available over the counter, no age check required now -- doesn't that address like 90% of scenarios that called for abortions when Roe v. Wade was passed? With Plan B in the medicine cabinet of every parent of a daughter, why is abortion even sought now in any circumstance? I'm sure there are scenarios I'm not considering, but abortion just does not seem like the hill the Democratic party should be dying on, yet they are.

Last edited:

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I'm 54 now, and one of my greatest, maybe only, regrets in life is that I never had a son. I wonder often if the fetus was a boy. It haunts me.

I'm against abortion, but sometimes I feel like a hypocrite because I encouraged one for my own perceived benefit.
If you gave her permission, drove/paid then you participated in the sin, this is a very serious thing, and something you have to ask God for forgiveness for. If you are Catholic this would mean the confessional. Being in the situation is different, you have to already be grounded in the belief that it is wrong.

I once was told by a woman that she was pregnant, a woman I absolutely didn't want to get pregnant. I remember those first few days just wanting out of the situation but we decided against having he abortion, She miscarried about 6 weeks later. I remember feeling so very different about it after accepting the situation for what it was. There is huge stress at the moment the situation occurs and you realize your life plan or lifestyle just got taken off the tracks. This is why I think the sober 2nd thought laws, and balanced counselling could have stopped so many young women from doing this.

We need to treat abortion as a crime. Doctors need to be thrown in jail, and women who have abortions too. There really is no middle ground on this. The Pro Life movement is weak because they will not call for jail time not just for Doctors but for mothers, who are also a guilty party.

Satanism was trending today. And with it were a multitude of midwit posts saying that no, we don't worship the devil silly, we are atheists who support liberation....

I rarely say this about any person but this woman joining the Satanic Temple is stupid. She claims she doesn't believe in the supernatural yet embraces the very symbol of evil.

fokker

Pelican

Wouldn't surprise me if Instagram influencers began promoting Satanism as the new hip religion, and people began converting en-masse. Meanwhile, shirts like the famous Russian "Orthodoxy or Death" (Pravoslavie ili smert / Orthodoksia ili thanatos) will be banned from public places, like the blasphemous Cradle of Filth shirt from the early 2000s.

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member
And I believe in Capital Punishment for it because God commanded it right at the passage I cited. Indicating the Law that all Mankind is follow.
I hate to break it to you, but that book you're quoting wasn't penned by the hand of God. It was written by men like you and me. You're entitled to your faith, but understand that your faith is for you alone.

Are the Charles Manson killers responsible for their actions?
Is a mass shooting spree not a crime if done out of fear or brainwashing?

I don't see any evidence in scripture freeing women from moral responsibility.
Of course they're responsible. I never said anything to the contrary. But the death penalty is also murder.

That being said, everyone has a right to defend themselves, especially against a corrupted state. It is up to every man to decide what lengths he must go to defend himself and his family, violence may be justified. But don't fool yourself into thinking that someone "deserves" death.