Ruth Ginsburg Dead

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
I hate to break it to you, but that book you're quoting wasn't penned by the hand of God. It was written by men like you and me. You're entitled to your faith, but understand that your faith is for you alone.

Of course they're responsible. I never said anything to the contrary. But the death penalty is also murder.

That being said, everyone has a right to defend themselves, especially against a corrupted state. It is up to every man to decide what lengths he must go to defend himself and his family, violence may be justified. But don't fool yourself into thinking that someone "deserves" death.

Okay. That explains it.

As for Faith. If it is true. Then its never for the person alone. Just like Mathematics isn't for a person alone either.

If God exists his Rule extends over all people. Regardless of what they want or think.

fokker

Pelican

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
A little known fact about Plan B and similar pills is that it doesn't "prevent fertilization", it simply prevents ovulation. If ovulation has already occurred, it will not do anything.

That makes it both less morally repugnant (no fetus is being killed, contrary to popular opinion) and more pointless (since its severe side effects are most often suffered for no benefit at all).

Elipe

Woodpecker
I hate to break it to you, but that book you're quoting wasn't penned by the hand of God. It was written by men like you and me. You're entitled to your faith, but understand that your faith is for you alone.
As recent events have demonstrated, belief systems aren't just "for you alone". I don't think anybody can rationally observe the going-ons of the last decade and conclude that any kind of belief system can just be kept in a closet and not have any consequences on anybody.

It has become obvious that a healthy society NEEDS some kind of strong and resilient common belief system, or else it faces balkanization, as we do now.

My vote is on Christianity, and I think yours is too, if you understood that Christianity is a major component in what made the West great - because, speaking as a former atheist, I know that even atheists in America lived by a moral code largely inherited from Christianity, and tend to believe in the superiority of that moral code to other codes. It is one of the largest causes of the West's inherently cooperative nature (high trust), which is why it was able to cooperate together on such a large scale that it was even able to send a man to the moon.

But it will need to be enforced. This is where the libertarian cancer needs to be cut out: libertarianism taught that Christianity should not be enforced and should be treated as "for you alone". Well, now, your social glue is gone, and here comes the frantic, violent pursuit for something else... like communism.

Communism doesn't give a shit about your "for you alone" belief.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
As recent events have demonstrated, belief systems aren't just "for you alone". I don't think anybody can rationally observe the going-ons of the last decade and conclude that any kind of belief system can just be kept in a closet and not have any consequences on anybody.

It has become obvious that a healthy society NEEDS some kind of strong and resilient common belief system, or else it faces balkanization, as we do now.

My vote is on Christianity, and I think yours is too, if you understood that Christianity is a major component in what made the West great - because, speaking as a former atheist, I know that even atheists in America lived by a moral code largely inherited from Christianity, and tend to believe in the superiority of that moral code to other codes. It is one of the largest causes of the West's inherently cooperative nature (high trust), which is why it was able to cooperate together on such a large scale that it was even able to send a man to the moon.

But it will need to be enforced. This is where the libertarian cancer needs to be cut out: libertarianism taught that Christianity should not be enforced and should be treated as "for you alone". Well, now, your social glue is gone, and here comes the frantic, violent pursuit for something else... like communism.

Communism doesn't give a shit about your "for you alone" belief.

If the communist massacres of the Ukrainians and Russian Christians is any guide. They wish to wipe Christianity out. I suspect that the last days of persecution before the 2nd coming of Jesus will involve all Christians being killed both laity and Clergy.

It will be far worse than the relatively tepid Roman Persecutions. If we are being honest.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
If you gave her permission, drove/paid then you participated in the sin, this is a very serious thing, and something you have to ask God for forgiveness for. If you are Catholic this would mean the confessional. Being in the situation is different, you have to already be grounded in the belief that it is wrong.

I once was told by a woman that she was pregnant, a woman I absolutely didn't want to get pregnant. I remember those first few days just wanting out of the situation but we decided against having he abortion, She miscarried about 6 weeks later. I remember feeling so very different about it after accepting the situation for what it was. There is huge stress at the moment the situation occurs and you realize your life plan or lifestyle just got taken off the tracks. This is why I think the sober 2nd thought laws, and balanced counselling could have stopped so many young women from doing this.

We need to treat abortion as a crime. Doctors need to be thrown in jail, and women who have abortions too. There really is no middle ground on this. The Pro Life movement is weak because they will not call for jail time not just for Doctors but for mothers, who are also a guilty party.

I'd sentence the women to 500 hours community service working at an orphanage. "Doctors" to jail for life without parole or death.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Athanasius

Pelican

That's just your opinion, so why should that hold sway over other souls? And if you say, "because different people have different opinions," then I ask again: Why should your opinion that what matters is that everyone should live as they please hold sway over everyone else? Says who?

I'm not trying to pigeonhole you here, but assuming their our own neutrality has been a leftist tactic for my entire lifetime. Everyone has his opinion, says the leftist, but the leftist's opinion about secularized neoliberalism is what everyone else must abide by.

Lazuli Waves

Woodpecker
That is cross-dressing. That is disgraceful.
This is actually a Babylon Bee article.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
While a no. of folk pointed out that ACB is not ideal from a strict political perspective.
The Haitian link does make you wonder...

Edit.
Bold choice to drag a person over the coals in regards to Haiti.

Noting all the 'help' the Clinton foundation did.

Ibram X. Kendi
@DrIbram
Some White colonizers "adopted" Black children. They "civilized" these "savage" children in the "superior" ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity.

@DrIbram
And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist.

@DrIbram
I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently “not racist” and the bots completely change what I’m saying to “White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.” These live and fake bots are good at their propaganda. Let’s not argue with them.

Last edited:

Peacock
Gold Member
Early life and education
Williamson was born in Houston, Texas, in 1952. She is the youngest of three children of Samuel "Sam" Williamson, a World War II veteran and immigration lawyer, and Sophie Ann (Kaplan), a homemaker and community volunteer.[13][14] Her older brother, Peter, became an immigration lawyer. Her late sister, Elizabeth "Jane", was a teacher.[14][15] Her father, and maternal grandparents, were Russian Jewish immigrants.[16] Her grandfather changed his surname from Vishnevetsky to Williamson after seeing "Alan Williamson Ltd" on a train.[17]