Sane places

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Have family in Maui. A group was practicing zoomba in a park when an officer approached and asked who organized it. The lady who said she did was given a ticket and any objections "to take it up with the judge"

I agree, Zoomba should be legalized.

Aloha!

kel

Pelican
It's hard to imagine a better place for a pandemic/scamdemic than New Zealand, physically speaking. Developed country of 5M split across 2 islands at the end of the earth with most airports closed to international travelers.
Unless the NZ government itself goes off the rails. The line between others being locked out and you be locked in is very fine.

Not that I'm saying NZ is like that currently, but even in NZ you want to be in the right place, Wellington could degenerate like any other metropolis.

NY Digital

Pelican
Gold Member
Unless the NZ government itself goes off the rails. The line between others being locked out and you be locked in is very fine.

Not that I'm saying NZ is like that currently, but even in NZ you want to be in the right place, Wellington could degenerate like any other metropolis.

What happens when they finally open or let their people out? Outbreak.

SouthernTory

Sparrow
It's hard to imagine a better place for a pandemic/scamdemic than New Zealand, physically speaking. Developed country of 5M split across 2 islands at the end of the earth with most airports closed to international travelers.

My in laws live there and regularly video call to tell me life is pretty much business as usual. Wish teleportation was a thing. I would head to the west coast away from the urban centres well I can dream. You could live a pretty easy life with limited interference get yourself some land grow food.

bubs

Sparrow
I’ve done quite a bit of traveling in the East states over last few weeks and my findings:
MD: moderate fear/ moderately locked down rural/mountains more free and less fear
NY state - pure communist/avoid
Vermont - pure communist / population is scared to death/ people wearing masks out in the sun not close to anyone else are normal/ avoid
VA - I drove the full 5 hr hike down I-81 from Winchester Va to Bristol....Estimated 50%+ of locals seem to refuse to wear masks inside of places. Probably good if you stay out of NOVA and Norfolk areas.
Western NC - wide open /free living in the western mountains. Even Asheville (liberal) was reasonable.
Eastern TN - same free place as western NC