'Saved by the Bell' star Dustin Diamond dies at 44

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Dustin Diamond, known best for his portrayal of the endearingly nerdy Screech on "Saved by the Bell," died Monday morning, weeks after he was diagnosed with cancer, his manager said.

He was 44.

Diamond's "condition had greatly declined since last week, and he was taken off of breathing machines in an attempt to get him to hospice care," said spokesperson Roger Paul. "There were two people very close to him by his side when he passed away."

Diamond's manager revealed the 44-year-old's cancer diagnosis last month, but said the former child star was awaiting test results to learn the exact location and nature of the cancer.

A week later, Paul told NBC News that he was battling stage 4 small cell carcinoma, or lung cancer.

Diamond “was diagnosed with this brutal, relentless form of malignant cancer only three weeks ago. In that time, it managed to spread rapidly throughout his system; the only mercy it exhibited was its sharp and swift execution,” said a statement from Paul and Diamond’s longtime management team. “Dustin did not suffer. He did not have to lie submerged in pain. For that, we are grateful.”

Thomas More

Hummingbird
This case is pretty shocking, because he was only diagnosed 20 days ago (Jan 12). My brother's father in law died just a few weeks after being diagnosed, and I've seen cases of it on the internet, prominent bloggers whose spouse died within 30 days of the first diagnosis. It seems like most cases last at least a few months, and it's common to last more than one year.

My wife is in remission again. It's been over three years since she was diagnosed, so I'm generally in favor of successful treatment and maximum survival time. However, I sometimes wonder if the ones that go quickly are the lucky ones.

Hypno

Crow

I remember from the old forum some threads about him using his fame game to bang groupies, among other places at Disneyland

His character on saved by the bell was a fun one. RIP

He wrote a tell-all book and claimed to have banged 2000 women. In it hee also wrote a bunch of nasty stuff about the cast in the book, much of which was proven to be false, so take it all with a grain of salt.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
If you want a laugh watch the YouTube series “Zach Morris is trash” where they break down why Zach morris is the most disgusting tv character of all time . I watched because I thought Kelly capowski was hot. The plot was usually not too serious but fun

If you want a laugh watch the YouTube series “Zach Morris is trash” where they break down why Zach morris is the most disgusting tv character of all time . I watched because I thought Kelly capowski was hot. The plot was usually not too serious
Seen it before, seems pretty lefty, particularly the one where they called him awful for rejecting a fat girl.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Seems like just yesterday kids were raving about Saved By The Bell in elementary school. My how time flies. Hope he is at peace & in a better place. He was one of those Jewish dudes that at least owned his debauchery (ie. dirty sanchez drama) & didn't act like a savior to humanity or a man dedicated to stealing your $$$. Deep inside I think he did want something more (ie. a fulfilling family life, etc.). RIP.

He wrote a tell-all book and claimed to have banged 2000 women. In it hee also wrote a bunch of nasty stuff about the cast in the book, much of which was proven to be false, so take it all with a grain of salt.
Well, he probably was trying to over-compensate for his 'screech' image.

I know we often dont' think much of celebrities here - but as a child actor there is a good chance he was exploited- then having to live with that image into your adult years. Many of them end up miserable wrecks.

God rest his soul.

Elmore

Kingfisher
Are there any child actors, that didnt end up complete train wrecks?

Law of avergages would imagine so, but can't think of any.

Honestly think a child would have a better start in life if it was raised in brothel, than in Hollywood, not that there's much difference.

PaulC

Robin

Honestly think a child would have a better start in life if it was raised in brothel, than in Hollywood, not that there's much difference.
Ron Howard is successful and married with children since 1975. I've never heard anything bad about him, but he still works in Hollywood, so who knows.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Ron Howard is successful and married with children since 1975. I've never heard anything bad about him, but he still works in Hollywood, so who knows.
It would be interesting if someone asked him, "How did your parents shield you from the pedophiles in Hollywood as a child actor?" That's a leading question, obviously, so he would have to think carefully before answering it. If he answered, "I'm unaware of any pedophiles in Hollywood" the questioner should respond with mocking ridicule.

PaulC

Robin
It would be interesting if someone asked him, "How did your parents shield you from the pedophiles in Hollywood as a child actor?" That's a leading question, obviously, so he would have to think carefully before answering it. If he answered, "I'm unaware of any pedophiles in Hollywood" the questioner should respond with mocking ridicule.
His parents may have shielded him simply by being on set more than most. I saw some behind the scenes footage from the Andy Griffith show and his parents and little brother were in many shots milling around with the crew. One shot that stuck with me was taken during a break in shooting. Rather than go off to a trailer, Don Knotts (Barney) put on a ball glove and was playing catch with Ron Howard in the middle of the street in the Mayberry set while crew members were moving things around for the next shot.

Gimlet

Kingfisher

Cosby show kids. I don't recall ever hearing of any of them on a crazy drug bender or anything else along those lines. It seems the show starring the terrible monster Bill Cosby is the only one not using the children as sex toys, imagine that.