Seaspiracy - A Netflix documentary about the human impact on seas

Goni

Woodpecker
@ Wrecking Ball

I just watched the documentary a few hours ago.

To my surprise and to your surprise, it was not demonizing at all the west while not saying anything about, lets say China.

It is a very good documentary and it faces you and all of us with a reality that we didn't know it existed.

Maybe some of the numbers there might be exaggerated, but the essence is ok.

The documentary is talking how industrial fishing is destroying, exterminating the fish population and how it is heavily damaging the food chain and the habitat of the seas and oceans, which is going to affect us badly in the future. No global warming or anything like that.

And they are mostly blaming Japan and China and other south eastern asian countries, which are notorious in the way how they treat the nature and animals. I mean, what can you expect from people that beat the dogs to death and them boil them and eat them.

In a specific part of the documentary it talks about how hundreds thousands of sharks are killed just for their fins, and the idiotic shark fin soup , which is mostly used in China.

Anyway, I advise you and the others to watch and than speak about it.

Rush87

Hummingbird
Like everything in this world, overconsumption is the primary culprit behind the destruction of our planet - And our planet is being destroyed. It’s just that liberals have hijacked the issue.

Neither the left or the right are doing a thing to solve this. The left cry out for carbon taxes whilst simultaneously asking for mass migration which means more demand which means more supply which means less forests, less fish in the seas, more factory farming and a greater separation from nature.

Everyone should care about the destruction of the environment because it was and always has been something we are entrusted to protect.

Wreckingball

Pelican
@ Wrecking Ball

I just watched the documentary a few hours ago.

To my surprise and to your surprise, it was not demonizing at all the west while not saying anything about, lets say China.

It is a very good documentary and it faces you and all of us with a reality that we didn't know it existed.

Maybe some of the numbers there might be exaggerated, but the essence is ok.

The documentary is talking how industrial fishing is destroying, exterminating the fish population and how it is heavily damaging the food chain and the habitat of the seas and oceans, which is going to affect us badly in the future. No global warming or anything like that.

And they are mostly blaming Japan and China and other south eastern asian countries, which are notorious in the way how they treat the nature and animals. I mean, what can you expect from people that beat the dogs to death and them boil them and eat them.

In a specific part of the documentary it talks about how hundreds thousands of sharks are killed just for their fins, and the idiotic shark fin soup , which is mostly used in China.

Anyway, I advise you and the others to watch and than speak about it.
Thank you @Goni!
I will take a look. Fishing is very important in my country, but we are, as far as i know, exahusting our resources.