Secession a Possibility?

When the Soviet Union dissolved, there was not a war
Globalists cannot even tolerate dissent from small countries like Hungary, do you think they are going to let a state here secede?
Globalists want full centralized control of EVERYTHING.
Now they do encourage breaking up of larger nation states -for example the EU encourages Scottish 'nationalism' but if you look at the 'nationalist' party, it's just a globalist party. In short globalists might 'allow' secession of a more globalist open borders government.

CSFurious

Pigeon
A national faliure is far more plausible than a state breaking away. An inflationary period could come from China requiring hard resources like gold or oil instead of US dollars, especially once its Belt and Road gets big enough.
Yes. What might occur is that the federal government loses control due to lack of money and/or legitimacy. That could cause some States to decide they would be better off on their own.

For me, it’s more likely the secession might come after some time under a communist yoke, sort of like the Visigoths under Muslim rule in Iberia. I feel most of the normies talking about the topic are venting their frustrations, and so, they’ll lose fuel to act or prepare for such scenario. Once they’re out of steam, they’ll just roll over and react all appalled when others go through the idea.

Might not be the only (or the best) marker, but I’d ask those people on the secession camp if they would take help from unlikely sources, or try and go their merry way, as a way to check if they’re willing to go all the way through or they’re just larping around.

Louis IX

Pelican
Globalists cannot even tolerate dissent from small countries like Hungary, do you think they are going to let a state here secede?
Globalists want full centralized control of EVERYTHING.
Now they do encourage breaking up of larger nation states -for example the EU encourages Scottish 'nationalism' but if you look at the 'nationalist' party, it's just a globalist party. In short globalists might 'allow' secession of a more globalist open borders government.
I would also add that the globalists will make sure to keep 1 dissident state per continent , for 20/30 years , and then change.
For now we have Iran (Middle East ) , North Korea ( Asia) , Venezuela (S.America ) and probably Hungary (Europe ) + Russia.
So once Iran will be conquered by the globalists , they might allow a strong nationalist and/or communist regime to pop up in another country.... to then tell the world how bad they are.

paninaro

Pelican
The complication with secession is then the new state no longer benefits from being part of the US, trade-wise and security-wise. They would need to stand up their own military, immigration system, customs program, banking system, and on and on. Of course it's possible, but it's an enormous expense and undertaking.

Can you imagine cars and trucks wanting to drive into that former state all being stopped at the border and having to go through paperwork and formalities? Will they start printing their own currency? Will their goods be taxed when they try to export them back to the US? The US states are so inter-woven (which is a strength -- it's a huge economy of scale) that untangling it is an enormous undertaking.

I think a more practical way to do this is to just build a society within an existing state. Look at the Amish -- they basically do their own thing, and no one interferes unless they do something really bad like murder. They even got a special exemption so they do not need to pay in to the US social security system, and they even have an exception in many states so their ID cards do not have photos printed on them (they view photos as idolatry).

magaman

Robin
The complication with secession is then the new state no longer benefits from being part of the US, trade-wise and security-wise. They would need to stand up their own military, immigration system, customs program, banking system, and on and on. Of course it's possible, but it's an enormous expense and undertaking.

Can you imagine cars and trucks wanting to drive into that former state all being stopped at the border and having to go through paperwork and formalities? Will they start printing their own currency? Will their goods be taxed when they try to export them back to the US? The US states are so inter-woven (which is a strength -- it's a huge economy of scale) that untangling it is an enormous undertaking.

I think a more practical way to do this is to just build a society within an existing state. Look at the Amish -- they basically do their own thing, and no one interferes unless they do something really bad like murder. They even got a special exemption so they do not need to pay in to the US social security system, and they even have an exception in many states so their ID cards do not have photos printed on them (they view photos as idolatry).
In the case of Texas, the rest of the states would no longer benefit from us. Of course Texas will never secede, on its own anyway.

Renzy

Pelican
Bill: HB 1359

"Relating to proposing a referendum to the people of the State of Texas on the question of whether this state should leave the United States of America and establish an independent republic."

TEXIT Referendum Bill Is Now Official

Today, State Representative Kyle Biedermann’s legislation that would give the people of Texas a chance to vote on Texas becoming an independent, self-governing nation became official.

The “Let Texas Vote” act would give Texans an opportunity to head to the polls in November of 2021 and start the process of reasserting our status as an independent nation. If the people vote in favor, the bill provides for the establishment of a committee to begin working on a transitional plan which would address all of the issues related to decoupling from the federal government.

This bill is simply to put the question to the people of Texas. Even if legislators don’t personally support TEXIT, at a minimum they should support your right to publicly debate and vote on the issue. Your representatives either believe that you are smart and responsible enough to make this decision or they believe that they know what’s best for you regardless of what you think. There is no middle ground.

scenicway

Sparrow
I live in Texas. Nobody is talking about this. I have not heard one person bring it up. And the cities are full of leftists.

It's an entertaining thought, but I don't think it's a realistic possibility at this juncture.

Jive Turkey

Sparrow
I live in Texas. Nobody is talking about this. I have not heard one person bring it up. And the cities are full of leftists.

It's an entertaining thought, but I don't think it's a realistic possibility at this juncture.
You should start bringing it up to people then! I'm excited for the possibility. And even if it doesn't go through on the first try, it will energize other people.

magaman

Robin

I live in and love Texas. I love the idea of this and wish that it would happen because of how much better it would make the state (and inspire others). It will never happen by vote, though. We've all seen now how voting for what we want goes here in the USA. Why rely on that method when the machines can and will be rigged every time and especially every time it counts for something. It will have to happen some other way.

Jive Turkey

Sparrow
I live in and love Texas. I love the idea of this and wish that it would happen because of how much better it would make the state (and inspire others). It will never happen by vote, though. We've all seen now how voting for what we want goes here in the USA. Why rely on that method when the machines can and will be rigged every time and especially every time it counts for something. It will have to happen some other way.
Is it possible to demand the vote be paper counted and have some form of open monitoring. I think that would be a pretty reasonable ask in this day and age. Also, Texas seems to have some good courts left.

But you are right. Voting alone won't make it happen, but it's a great start.

What were most likely to see in the near future is "soft" secession. The idea is simple, gain control of your surrounding environment (aka city, then county and then state) and begin disassociating from the federal government. This means refusing all fed money, no cooperation with any federal agency and obstructing every federal policy.

This is possible for a simple reason, unlike their big S (senator) and R (representative) cousins in DC the local and state politicians tend to live near their voters. Gigantic mobs of gun owning citizens tend to inspire fear, particularly when they decide it's time to show you who owns your politico ass by encamping your house.

No, its a pipe dream and the politicians are posturing. First how is this going to be accomplished? By vote? After we've seen them steal a whole Presidential election? I mean they wouldn't even tolerate a large influx of conservatives and patriots simply moving to Texas much less official secession. I can already picture all the EOP media in unison declaring "WHITE SUPREMACISTS PLANNING TO TAKE OVER TEXAS" and the governor giving a cliche remark about Texas has no place for hate. Deep State and Neocons can't even comprehend ever taking US forces out of South Korea or Japan, you really think they're going to let a critical piece of America (on the border!) become a foreign nation?

I encourage brainstorming for good solutions right now but this one is not realistic. What we need is small groups, like 4-6 couples forming a community in a small town or city in a red state and setting up a homeschooling group. This all needs to happen under the radar.

The only thing this Texas idea will do is give one more thing for demented liberals to freak out about and China good propoganda material. (So why is it OK Taiwan wants independence but not Texas?)
It may not be feasible at the moment but it's not a pipe dream. It's a necessity that we should work towards one day, if we can't take back the country as a whole. We have a giant nation with roughly two diametrically opposed sides. Either one side will lose or secession will be necessary. There's no hope of unity unless one side is defeated or both sides separate.

I do like your idea about the communities. I'm fortunate enough to have something like that where I live, even though it's such a liberal area. It almost forces you to band together with likeminded people.