Secession a Possibility?

Wyoming is thinking about it
Now THAT is somewhere I'd want to live.

I've visited before. Super empty, wild, and open. The people there are cut from a different cloth. They are rugged and free. One time I was alone there and I was profoundly shocked by how few people and how little civilization there was around me. It was super eerie. I'm from a west coast city so it was something I had never experienced before, and it would definitely take some getting used to. However it was nice feeling that there were NO crowded liberal cities for HUNDREDS and hundreds of miles around me.

I'm sure Texas has its advantages since it's more populated and it's probably easier to find jobs, but I'd much rather move to Wyoming. It's so much more beautiful and doesn't have as much of a growing leftist influence as Texas, especially in cities like Austin.

Too bad Wyoming's sitting on the biggest volcano in the world, which is showing signs of being disturbed. I wouldn't be surprised if God decided to detonate the Yellowstone volcano in order to do a real great reset His own way, and wipe away the filth in our country.

Saw an article in The Gateway Pundit where some Texas state legislators are considering secession.

When the Soviet Union dissolved, there was not a war. Why can't the US peacefully decide to dissolve, but retain some alliance?

If Texas keeps this up I will move there permanently within the next 10 years, get a modest parcel of land, partake in the 2nd amendment activities, wear an assorted ensemble of the cowboy hats and boots, frequent the cowboy dance hall, shotgun whisky, and eat red meat every day.

BiggNastee

Kingfisher
Too bad Wyoming's sitting on the biggest volcano in the world, which is showing signs of being disturbed. I wouldn't be surprised if God decided to detonate the Yellowstone volcano in order to do a real great reset His own way, and wipe away the filth in our country.
There's no guarantee it will even go off again. Nobody really knows. And if it does and you're in one of the surrounding states I would rather be close and die fast than deal with the nuclear winter with no hope of ever living normal again.

CSFurious

Pigeon
There's no guarantee it will even go off again. Nobody really knows. And if it does and you're in one of the surrounding states I would rather be close and die fast than deal with the nuclear winter with no hope of ever living normal again.
It is written for a younger audience but the "Ashfall" trilogy is based on a Yellowstone eruption and what survival in the aftermath is like.

BiggNastee

Kingfisher
It is written for a younger audience but the "Ashfall" trilogy is based on a Yellowstone eruption and what survival in the aftermath is like.
I appreciate it but have watched and read everything about Yellowstone for over 20 years. I used to be scared of it. Now the idea of the eruption bores me. Definitely go check it out though. One of a kind. 0bsidian Beach is insane

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
No state will be allowed to secede. The US settled that argument with force in 1865. The Confederacy wanted to govern themselves; the feds said no way, we will kill you before we allow you to do that.

Today the stakes are even higher, as the US is a net debtor nation, meaning that every citizen it loses increases the debt load on the remaining citizens (currently $222,000 per taxpayer), not to mention the future liabilities for retirement and health care (around half a million per citizen).

And of course the US would have to scale back its military adventurism, if it had fewer citizens to fund those wars. That will never be allowed.

Secession is "most likely" to happen in Vermont, or New Hampshire, but it still has zero chance and the government would just arrest, torture and / or kill people who wanted that kind of "freedom".

The current and continued strain on the system would allow much easier secession than it would allow for the ability of the agents of said system to successfully stop everyone who wants to secede. The longer this strain goes on, the harder it will be for the system to successfully restrain and kill those who leave it. People are waking up with less every day now, less food, less friends, less money, less opportunities. Were it not for God filling that void many would undoubtedly go rabid. However, with God filling that void (and make no mistake, all those things are just different pathways to the void) many will band together based on that love for Him, and when enough people do that, they will not allow themselves to be bullied by a lesser system that really is just an extension of satan's own lesser will to flip the bird to his creator for all eternity. Everything the current US system stands for is a maggot-infested decomposing odorous gaping pustule, an excrementitious boil of moral depravity and chutzpah lunacy. Many are sickened by all the stupidity and derangement that it inflicts on its people. The Union had an army of militarily-disciplined white men to do its bidding to stop another smaller and less-armed militarily-disciplined army of white men. It did not contain xe's and xer's and laqueefahs and shantweakwahs and every other byproduct of government refuse coddled through a system with taxpayer funds. It is all communication based. If all the right people talk to each other and figure out a way to ensure basic survival necessities, then they do not need the system and will just have to contend with the agents it sends to quell them. If enough people communicate and make it difficult for the agents of said system to break them in and subdue them away from their basic survival necessities, then the system will be extending itself and if enough of that happens then it will speed up the collapse, and the closer to collapse, the closer to secession.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
No state will be allowed to secede. The US settled that argument with force in 1865. The Confederacy wanted to govern themselves; the feds said no way, we will kill you before we allow you to do that.

Today the stakes are even higher, as the US is a net debtor nation, meaning that every citizen it loses increases the debt load on the remaining citizens (currently $222,000 per taxpayer), not to mention the future liabilities for retirement and health care (around half a million per citizen).

And of course the US would have to scale back its military adventurism, if it had fewer citizens to fund those wars. That will never be allowed.

Secession is "most likely" to happen in Vermont, or New Hampshire, but it still has zero chance and the government would just arrest, torture and / or kill people who wanted that kind of "freedom".
Crazy how China & Israel were non-factors back then, but now they dictate just about everything that happens in the world.

Secession will not happen in our lifetimes. It’s a dead end and the discussion of it is counterproductive. It has virtually no support amongst anyone except a very tiny percentage of people. Most conservatives wouldn’t support it, either. And that’s not counting the federal government which will come down hard on anyone who even mentions it.

If you think secession is a serious possibility, you live in a right wing news media bubble.

Instead, we’ll likely see a Holy Roman Empire type scenario. Figurehead leader with little real power, non-state organizations with more power than many local state representatives, and substantial interference from external unified states (France then, China for us.)

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The Democrats, including "moderate" Joe Manchin, would probably pack the SCOTUS with liberal judges just to prevent the federal courts from allowing a secession to occur. There is no way the Democrats, and likely some establishment Republicans, would ever allow any state in the US to become independent. It would destroy any chance globalism has of maintaining its political control in the Western Hemisphere.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
Secession will not happen in our lifetimes. It’s a dead end and the discussion of it is counterproductive. It has virtually no support amongst anyone except a very tiny percentage of people. Most conservatives wouldn’t support it, either. And that’s not counting the federal government which will come down hard on anyone who even mentions it.

If you think secession is a serious possibility, you live in a right wing news media bubble.

Instead, we’ll likely see a Holy Roman Empire type scenario. Figurehead leader with little real power, non-state organizations with more power than many local state representatives, and substantial interference from external unified states (France then, China for us.)
"Soft secession" is happening and we should encourage it. That is different states are increasingly not following federal laws they don't agree with.

Some examples: "Sanctuary cities" and "sanctuary states" is an area where local authorities don't obey immigration law. A lot of federal drug laws, particularly related to cannabis, are also being ignored. We're starting to get states that are going to not enforce federal gun laws.

These are all steps in the right direction. States might still technically be part of the union, but in practice federal law would not be enforced within the state.

There is a lot of historical precedence for this kind of dissolution. The Roman empire dissolved this way. Over time Roman provinces started being ruled locally more and more until they stopped obeying most Roman laws, and paying Roman taxes but were still nominally part of the Roman empire. The Roman Senate still met at least until 603, and even into medieval times some nobles still carried the title or "senator".

"Soft secession" is happening and we should encourage it. That is different states are increasingly not following federal laws they don't agree with.

Some examples: "Sanctuary cities" and "sanctuary states" is an area where local authorities don't obey immigration law. A lot of federal drug laws, particularly related to cannabis, are also being ignored. We're starting to get states that are going to not enforce federal gun laws.

These are all steps in the right direction. States might still technically be part of the union, but in practice federal law would not be enforced within the state.

There is a lot of historical precedence for this kind of dissolution. The Roman empire dissolved this way. Over time Roman provinces started being ruled locally more and more until they stopped obeying most Roman laws, and paying Roman taxes but were still nominally part of the Roman empire. The Roman Senate still met at least until 603, and even into medieval times some nobles still carried the title or "senator".
Personally I don’t see how secession is a good idea at all. Take abortion for example. It’s not somehow less of a crime if it exists in another country.

The objective here should be to increase conservative values, not take our ball and go home. Secession is essentially libertarianism at the state level, and libertarianism is a cultural dead end.

Personally I don’t see how secession is a good idea at all. Take abortion for example. It’s not somehow less of a crime if it exists in another country.

The objective here should be to increase conservative values, not take our ball and go home. Secession is essentially libertarianism at the state level, and libertarianism is a cultural dead end.
It is only necessary because conservatives can't enforce their will on society, even with a majority in all branches of government just over 2 years ago. Most are conservatives are inherently not revolutionaries, rather desiring the status quo.

Something a bit off topic, but I think it is no coincidence that the world has been set up so that we send one of the most conservative and strong groups of men (US military) to go to war and subsequently have nightmares and flashbacks about societies that don't mind getting rid of their filth.

It is only necessary because conservatives can't enforce their will on society, even with a majority in all branches of government just over 2 years ago. Most are conservatives are inherently not revolutionaries, rather desiring the status quo.

Something a bit off topic, but I think it is no coincidence that the world has been set up so that we send one of the most conservative and strong groups of men (US military) to go to war and subsequently have nightmares and flashbacks about societies that don't mind getting rid of their filth.
Maybe that means the conservatives in political power aren’t good enough and should be replaced by more competent ones.

Honestly, this whole secession thing just strikes me as a consequence of the trophy generation garbage. Waaah, I didn’t get my way, I want to go home and play by myself. Welcome to political reality.

You want to change the culture? Then do something about it. Retreating into some Balkanized backwater secessionist nonsense built on hating the libs is the dumbest idea this generation. It’s also extremely impractical, as if the rest of the world (China, Russia, EU) will leave the now-gutted US alone in peace. Imagine 90s Russia times ten for a preview of the chaos.

Reactive, childish and delusional.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
A better alternative than state secession is for border counties to switch to another state, as some counties in Virginia (to West Virginia) and Colorado (to Wyoming) have thought of doing. Or, "red" areas of blue states trying to split off and start their own state, like some counties in California and Oregon have discussed doing. It would still be a years-long legislative and legal battle, but the establishment probably wouldn't pull out all the stops to halt it like they would for secession.

Sherman

Ostrich
The way this can start is by starting a state bank. North Dakota has a state bank. That way everyone can put their money in the state bank which can be used for investments in that state that benefits everyone, and the money is taken away from the criminals of Wall street. This gives a powerful economic engine and will attract more conservatives. After taking over the legislature, laws can be passed to make the economy more and more local, keeping out the globalist corporations. Then you will be ready for secession.