Secession a Possibility?

LoveBug

Kingfisher
kUekwuoc.jpeg

Good luck with the law and order, Ron.

Is that ((dude)) serious?

The economy would be fine in the long run, but that's secondary to living in a peaceful space with people like you and not at odds with your culture

Pointy Elbows

Robin
Orthodox
I'm encouraged that a large part of the left is starting to feel the same way, it will speed up the process
One of the few good things that can come from a divorce is that you re-recognize the value that you do have. A partner that continually insults you or seeds doubt is bad to your long term psyche.

Secession may have plenty of difficulties, but there are some real upsides to this as well.

The likes of Bill Gates buying up farmland indicates they will not let it happen easily. He's their guy (Ted Turner and others also), and they can't afford to let his land get taken. They just aren't the type to let you go without inflicting maximum damage first.

Pointy Elbows

Robin
Orthodox
Is that ((dude)) serious?

The economy would be fine in the long run, but that's secondary to living in a peaceful space with people like you and not at odds with your culture
Rough draft here:

Even the former Soviet Republics that are now independent don't wish a return of the USSR (with some minority exceptions). I believe the Russian Soviet Republic was largely bled dry sending resources to the hinterlands (maybe Ukraine being the exception). Our democrat strongholds are convinced that, without them, redneck country won't stand a chance.

Since the fall of the USSR, the big-daddy Russia backstop is gone. Still, those now-autonomous countries have worked out 25+ years of independence and they aren't going back. They may be poor, but they are their own country and people.

As one Ukrainian I know says: "we are a lousy State, but a super Country." They know their weaknesses (economically poor, inefficient government), but also their strengths (strong, proud people). I don't want to get all "country boy can survive," but I do see parallels in rural America. This gives me hope.

In the event of a secession, I would expect bankers to run into the hinterlands USA in order to "help," ala post-USSR "assistance." It will be a very tough and tempting deal to deny, and I wonder if the population will be sophisticated enough to resist.

Ports are a big deal. Ports may not be absolutely necessary to a successful country (Austria, Switzerland), but they sure can help. All the deep-water ports are pretty democratic strongholds. Charleston, maybe, after the big upgrade/modernization? But I can't see holding any west coast ports for heritage USA. They are all just left-wing hives. Would we want Texas or Arizona as passages to Mexico trade, or not, as it would open us to border problems? Why not let the lefties be our buffer, even if it means giving up the bottom third of Texas? You want it, you got it.

As for me, I'd be willing to peaceably accept such a proposition, even without ports or border crossings to current neighbors. But I would damn sure hate to see the banking cartels move in and bleed us dry as a second-class debt slave.

Easy_C

Peacock
In the event of a secession, I would expect bankers to run into the hinterlands USA in order to "help," ala post-USSR "assistance." It will be a very tough and tempting deal to deny, and I wonder if the population will be sophisticated enough to resist.

I think you’d be surprised at some of the people who have chosen to locate in those areas recently.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
The USSR was a belligerent nation mostly because it was so large, it was incredibly powerful, and power corrupts. Today, it is not.
Likewise, this explains a lot of the evil of America, and even China.

After the Soviet Union, Russia retained great talent, culture, military might, and intellectual capital, so its people were able to continue living in a similar way, and the Russian state is certainly able to defend itself, but it is far less interventionist because it can no longer afford to be.

Imagine the peaceful world we could have if the last century was free from American military hegemony, because America was split into 2 or 3 smaller nation-states, none of which would be able to force their will on the world?

Easy_C

Peacock
I think it becomes much more likely after they get this war they want. America's elite are dramatically overestimating their advantage over the Russia and China, and most likely at the end of the war the security state will be dramatically expended and dealing with a frustrated population that is much more battle hardened.

Combined with how badly the Great Reset's implementation is going on some aspects with constant logistical problems interfering with "stay at home and eat the bugs", I don't see how the West can avoid this and I'm praying I can successfully leave before this happens.