Secular individuals can no longer post on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
In the fall of 2019, I began to transition RVF from a "red pill" and PUA forum to a Christian forum. It is abundantly clear to all that RVF is now an explicitly Christian forum that follows traditional Christian teachings, so I am disheartened that mostly secular individuals continue to post here with a predominately agnostic, atheist, or red pill point of view.

RVF is not a social media site where anyone can join and post. This is not a "free speech" zone. This is an aggressively moderated community where those who don't practice traditional Christian teachings are not welcome to participate. In other words, if you don't follow Lord Jesus Christ, if your faith is not part of your life, you are lowering the discourse of this Christian community. At the very minimum, you must have a very strong belief in God. Otherwise, once you inevitably leak your anti-Christian orientation, I will ban you. I will no longer tolerate obviously secular viewpoints that invariably include black pilling, endless whining about women and politicians, vulgarity, profanity, and casual dating advice outside of the scope of Christian courtship. I do not understand why some old members who haven't pursued the faith still post here, or why agnostics continue to register here, but that is the case to such an extent that if I don't keep them out, they will eventually outnumber the Christians here and drown them out, a microcosm of what's really happening in the Western world.

In conclusion, if you are not a struggling Christian, you're free to lurk and use an account to save bookmarks and the like. When you're ready to pick up your Cross like many of us here, you may then post your inquiries, stories, and knowledge to struggle with us, but I can't allow the non-faithful to post because they will drag down our community, which is not equipped to share the Gospel with those who are not interested in it.

Like previous announcements of this type, I will expect some gnashing of teeth and outbursts about how the good 'ol days of fornication, but that's how it's going to be.

Last edited:

jollycynic

Sparrow
I feel what you're going for here, but (and forgive my presumption as I'm pretty new here) I worry that might push people in the wrong direction. The journey to find or rediscover faith is frequently an interactive and communal one. We live in a day where some lost souls struggle to find community, hence gravitate to places like this. If the forum's backend has the ability to make such distinctions, perhaps disallow participation in certain forums/threads but not others?

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
I feel what you're going for here, but (and forgive my presumption as I'm pretty new here) I worry that might push people in the wrong direction. The journey to find or rediscover faith is frequently an interactive and communal one. We live in a day where some lost souls struggle to find community, hence gravitate to places like this. If the forum's backend has the ability to make such distinctions, perhaps disallow participation in certain forums/threads but not others?

I'd disagree.

trexler

Sparrow
In the fall of 2019, I began to transition RVF from a "red pill" and PUA forum to a Christian forum. It is abundantly clear to all that RVF is now an explicitly Christian forum that follows traditional Christian teachings, so I am disheartened that mostly secular individuals continue to post here with a predominately agnostic, atheist, or red pill point of view.

RVF is not a social media site where anyone can join and post. This is not a "free speech" zone. This is an aggressively moderated community where those who don't practice traditional Christian teachings are not welcome to participate. In other words, if you don't follow Lord Jesus Christ, if your faith is not part of your life, you are lowering the discourse of this Christian community. At the very minimum, you must have a very strong belief in God. Otherwise, once you inevitably leak your anti-Christian orientation, I will ban you. I will no longer tolerate obviously secular viewpoints that invariably include black pilling, endless whining about women and politicians, vulgarity, profanity, and casual dating advice outside of the scope of Christian courtship. I do not understand why some old members who haven't pursued the faith still post here, or why agnostics continue to register here, but that is the case to such an extent that if I don't keep them out, they will eventually outnumber the Christians here and drown them out, a microcosm of what's really happening in the Western world.

In conclusion, if you are not a struggling Christian, you're free to lurk and use an account to save bookmarks and the like. When you're ready to pick up your Cross like many of us here, you may then post your inquiries, stories, and knowledge to struggle with us, but I can't allow the non-faithful to post because they will drag down our community, which is not equipped to share the Gospel with those who are not interested in it.

Like previous announcements of this type, I will expect some gnashing of teeth and outbursts about how the good 'ol days of fornication, but that's how it's going to be.

trexler

Sparrow

I'd guess because it's not so easy to find like minded guys in these crazy days, and this is a welcome refuse from the insanity we're all dealing with.

The hypocracy here from someone who *lterally* wrote a book on the value of free speech is astounding.

Goni

Woodpecker
I don't agree in this case.

Despite agnostics or evan muslims posting here that doesn't downgrade the Christian identity and Christian faith of this forum.

I mean, you and the others can still moderate the posts .

If there has been an influx of secularists, honesty I have not felt that the Christian identity has gone down because it hasn't.

Keep in mind that many of these guys are Patriots and find this place a good one to share opinions, analysis and one of the last red pilled communities. They share the same thought and opinions about many things.

What is also as important, finding faith is not the same with anyone. It is a spiritual and personal process and I guarantee you many of these guys are going to be influenced for good.

Qivar

Pigeon
Disappointing.

It's not everyday you hear about a PUA turning his back on hedonism and self-gratifying to seek a higher purpose, not in this day and age of the Internet. Even though I am not a Christian, I found that to be very admirable and I was intrigued by you

This seemed a like a good place, a throw back to the good old days of the internet when it wasn't contaminated by Social Media.

But you are only interested in turning it into an Exclusive Christian fourm discussing matters of the faith.

The Resilient

Ostrich
Orthodox
Good move. There's a lot of secular right wingers who are trying to hijack the forum and place stumbling blocks in front of those who are genuinely seeking Christ. I will not miss that crowd but I will pray for them.
I've been noticing that lately too.

Blackpill and redpill secular only outlooks turn people into cringe MGTOW edgelords or empty unfulfilled nihilist types. I applaud you fully for going this direction @Roosh .

Last edited:

Old Isham

Chicken
Roosh, may I suggest just go ahead and do what you really want to do and just make it a pure orthodox forum. That way you'll be safe in your own echo chamber, unchallenged, and free to believe that your deeds and works will get you to heaven.

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

John 6:40
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

You are not doing the will of the father. You believe in a figment of Jesus conjured up in your own mind but really you're just believing in yourself and your acts, for your salvation. You're not born again, all this stuff your doing will not help you one iota if you don't humble yourself, believe in the death burial and resurrection of Christ and get born again of the Holy Spirit. For now, you're nothing but a false prophet, masquerading as some holier than thou ortho bro whose shit don't stink and in fact leading people away from Christ. You give theological advice like a boss when you yourself acknowledge you're new to the faith and can't even for the life of you refer to any scripture to back up what you believe.

In Matthew 7:13 it reads "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way,that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat". Orthodoxy currently has some 260million believers worldwide. And it's bastard children in Catholicism and Protestantism some 1billion plus. Not exactly a strait and narrow path is it. I hope one day you repent, change your mind, and believe the true Gospel, and you can sleep well at night knowing you're forgiven and will for sure go to heaven. Jesus did the work, not you. Until then, this is a worthless Christian forum and as and unsaved man, you'll be dissapointed one day when God looks you in the face and says he never knew you, despite all you thought you did.

I'm outta here. And good riddance.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
While I respect the decision as this is a private forum, I find it disappointing. There are plenty of Orthodox and other Christian forums out there, many of them being echo chambers. I rather like the diversity of this group. Some of the worst vitriol I have ever read or heard comes from Orthodox groups (if anyone is familiar with the "Indiana list", even my mom's church when she was growing up had to call the cops when there was a parish council meeting), and when people become too alike, they tend to start splitting hairs.

Disclaimer: Truthfully, man- I'm still trying to figure you out. By no means am I making an accusation, or trying to put words in your mouth, or trying to stir up crap with this post; I legitimately want to know where you stand on this.

I'm going to go ahead and ask the elephant in the room question.

It seems to me as someone that is relatively new here that there is a schism between Catholic/Orthodox and non Catholic/Orthodox members. On your livestream there were members emphatically stating in chat that the Catholic Church is the true Church of Jesus and that the Protestant Church is the rebellion.
In this thread https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/faith-vs-works.39530/ I was kind of shocked at some of the comments made towards 'protestants' (a general term that I don't really think applies, it seems to be that anyone that doesn't support the Catholic or Orthodox Church is considered protestant). Notice, I said some- not all; but the bottom line is that I detect an undercurrent of disdain there.

Perhaps I've misread the room- I'll allow for that. But I'm asking; is someone like me welcome to stay here? You probably know by now, I'm very opposed to 501c ministries in general and very opposed to denominations of any kind. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ of Nazareth; Who is The Son of God; that is, The God of Abraham, The God of Isaac, and The God of Jacob. I love God and want to serve Him. But I don't see myself joining any 501c ministry, I'm not going to be a champion of Orthodoxy (even though that's not to say that I don't like some of the things I've seen about Orthodoxy on this forum).

I feel like- if I love Jesus and I'm devoted to Jesus; and if you love Jesus and are devoted to Him; we should get along fine. In fact according to the Word of God that makes us brothers. And our paths are very similar even if I never had the cache and influence that you've had.

And I want to stay. But I think my question is bigger than just me. Where do you stand on this?

Roosh, you are still using the same forum with the same PUA name that made you famous for the wrong reasons, so no wonder there are still secular people around here.
Even though you have converted and I feel like you're genuine in your path to God, there's still conflicts in you. There's still a part of you that can't let go of certain secular things. It's normal, it's only the beginning of your journey to God, you can't straight up be a saint.
This forum, the members and the posts here are ultimately a reflection of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.