Should Christians use game for the purpose of marriage ?

Cold

Pigeon
Hello guys, I'm 22 and have been following Roosh/the forum since I was around 17. I recently started focusing more on my faith and want to be done with all things that aren't from God/Elohim. However when speaking to a Christian girl that I'm interested in pursuing a long term relationship with, I noticed she like most girls responded to me better when I was more assertive, mysterious, kept frame etc. I read in an article by Roosh that game would just get you a secular woman, that would need to be kept that way, and while I agree, can't even genuine Christian women but courted using scripturally acceptable forms of game ?

Bright_Sun

Pigeon
Hey there Cold.

Others here may be better suited to answer this, but I'll give it a shot.

Like you, I started following Roosh before he became a Christian. At the time, I was weak in my faith, and I wanted to get a girlfriend.

I did a lot of research, watching tons of videos about how to act like an alpha male, red pill theory, etc. I also read most of Roosh's books about pickup and game that are no longer available. I was a super nice guy, and I was tired of failing with girls.

However, through a series of life events, Roosh became a devout Christian, and he realized that all his game and experience with women was useless for finding a godly woman. This changed my perspective as well, and it led to me giving up the pursuit of worldly women and strengthening my faith.

To answer your question, some Christian women can be seduced using game.

But consider the word "game" itself. Game is essentially a series of tactics where you act like you don't care too much about a woman so she will become attracted to you. You act confident, you wait a while before you reply to her texts to pretend that you aren't too interested, etc. You act like an alpha male.

Game is harmful because most men use it to get laid. Instead of changing themselves to actually become an attractive man, a lot of them rely on game as a crutch.

If you focus on your faith, you will naturally grow into a confident man because of your relationship with Jesus Christ and God. You won't put women on a pedestal because you will put God before women or anyone else. Women may view you as "mysterious" and "aloof", but it will be because you don't idolize them, not because you're trying to manipulate their natural instincts.

The idea is that as you naturally develop your faith and improve yourself, you will become an attractive man with qualities like "game". However, you will actually be that man, instead of just someone acting like that man.

It's good to be assertive and keep frame in all of life, not only with women. That just means you're masculine, so of course women will respond favorably to that.

However, I don't believe that learning game to attract women aligns with Scripture. Yes, some women may respond more favorably to game in the beginning; but in the long run, a truly devout woman will be attracted to your faith and to the kind of person that you are.

So my suggestion is, focus on becoming the best man you can be and don't worry about game.

Also, I'm not sure how devout the girl you're talking about is, but if she is as devout as some of the women I've seen in the Ladies section of this forum, I don't think she would respond well to game long-term. Eventually, she would realize that you are just playing a "game".

Your first mistake is that you mention "Elohim" xD

I am not even sure this belongs on this forum.

It depends what you mean with game. If it means being assertive, not being a horny **** with no self-control, being confident and a leader, that is just how a proper, Christian man should behave.
The question is: what is the endgame of "game"? To fornicate. To seek a Christian wife, you have to court a woman for a number of months in order to be in a relationship for life. So actually, this does not belong here probably.

Feyoder

Kingfisher

It depends what you mean with game. If it means being assertive, not being a horny **** with no self-control, being confident and a leader, that is just how a proper, Christian man should behave.
The question is: what is the endgame of "game"? To fornicate. To seek a Christian wife, you have to court a woman for a number of months in order to be in a relationship for life. So actually, this does not belong here probably.
Yeah what’s with that?

Easy_C

Peacock
Just my perspective but...

I don’t think the mentality of “using game” is a health one and is somewhat narcissistic. I’ve never once heard any guy with game describe it that way and it implies you have some hidden skill above normal people.

My recommendation is to drop that mindset. It’s a bit weird and it will show in your interactions with women. As to the underlying concept the idea of “game” shouldn’t be a switch you build on and off. It should be improved communication skills, always using interpersonal empathy to effectively read people, and adjusting your communication strategies to ensure you are always speaking in an engaging, relevant, way to people. It also needs to be always on because no matter what your intent is you will always accomplish it more effectively if you communicate more effectively and convey the emotional notes you intend to.

Elohim" xD

There isn’t anything to that necessarily. The phrase “Elohim” is used in the original Old Testament texts and in Hebrew is one of the most frequently used words to refer to God. It is used in plural.....and yes, that does create some issues I don’t have a good answer for, but it’s relatively unambiguous that the term is being used to Refer to YHWH

stugatz

Pelican
I think if you use some of the aspects of it - how to carry on a conversation with a woman, charm her, read her interest level - it can be used without falling into pickup habits. Game was degenerate, but I think some of its main goals of helping men survive in the modern dating scene were fine.

You also if you're looking for a Christian woman (especially if you're in a Christian social circle) would help yourself greatly if you develop a reputation for being confident around them. Other men will respect it, and girls talk. However, if you overdo it you'll probably get a bad reputation, so be careful.

Just my perspective but...

I don’t think the mentality of “using game” is a health one and is somewhat narcissistic. I’ve never once heard any guy with game describe it that way and it implies you have some hidden skill above normal people.

My recommendation is to drop that mindset. It’s a bit weird and it will show in your interactions with women. As to the underlying concept the idea of “game” shouldn’t be a switch you build on and off. It should be improved communication skills, always using interpersonal empathy to effectively read people, and adjusting your communication strategies to ensure you are always speaking in an engaging, relevant, way to people. It also needs to be always on because no matter what your intent is you will always accomplish it more effectively if you communicate more effectively and convey the emotional notes you intend to.

Elohim" xD

There isn’t anything to that necessarily. The phrase “Elohim” is used in the original Old Testament texts and in Hebrew is one of the most frequently used words to refer to God. It is used in plural.....and yes, that does create some issues I don’t have a good answer for, but it’s relatively unambiguous that the term is being used to Refer to YHWH
I think you missed my point about Elohim.

Elohim" xD

Not correct at all. A lot of nouns in Hebrew do have a suffix -im, but the word Elohim as used in the Hebrew bible takes a singular verb so it's grammatically singular. Not exactly sure what issues are created here.

There are seven names for God in Judaism: YAHWEH (YHWH), ELOAH, ELOHIM, SHADDAI, EL, TZEVAOT, and EHYEH. Christians usually just use the words God and Jesus Christ. So when somebody refers to God using one of seven names of Israel, it kinda makes you question where they stand religiously. This being a Christian forum, he should have just said God...

Attachments

• 2021-05-20-14-49-44.png
    2021-05-20-14-49-44.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 2

Zagor

Woodpecker
Game is just how you seduce women. You can use it to fornicate or you can use it to find a wife. There's nothing inherently wrong about it IMO. Before I had acquired some knowledge of game, I didn't know how to escalate. I would be talking to a girl, I would charm her, entertain her but due to my inability to escalate, she would soon lose her initial interest, leaving me perplexed wondering 'what happened, I though everything went well'. It did, I just didn't take initiative when there was opportunity. So that knowledge to escalate will help me to make sure that I don't lose on possible wife material girl due to her losing interest because of my inability to escalate.

OP, short answer YES.

If by Game you mean the overall strategy of being a (relatively) high-value, persuasive, confident man who knows when and how to lead, and understands the differences between men and women. And the game/red pill/sales community did have a lot to contribute to that.

"Cold approach pickup", which is generally what people mean when they decry Game, obviously won't help in a marriage. But unless you are inherently extroverted and naturally commanding in teams, you are going to need to keep the overall Game sword sharp in all aspects of long term relationships. And even if it does come naturally to you, you will become bored and unfocused at some point in a relationship/marriage.

Cold

Pigeon

Thanks, and like some people said it’s just an old Hebrew way of saying God, may be pedantic but I use it so there’s no doubt as to who I’m referring to which is the true God. Of course this is a Christian forum so it should be obvious but yeah just making sure.

Cold

Pigeon
L
Hey there Cold.

Others here may be better suited to answer this, but I'll give it a shot.

Like you, I started following Roosh before he became a Christian. At the time, I was weak in my faith, and I wanted to get a girlfriend.

I did a lot of research, watching tons of videos about how to act like an alpha male, red pill theory, etc. I also read most of Roosh's books about pickup and game that are no longer available. I was a super nice guy, and I was tired of failing with girls.

However, through a series of life events, Roosh became a devout Christian, and he realized that all his game and experience with women was useless for finding a godly woman. This changed my perspective as well, and it led to me giving up the pursuit of worldly women and strengthening my faith.

To answer your question, some Christian women can be seduced using game.

But consider the word "game" itself. Game is essentially a series of tactics where you act like you don't care too much about a woman so she will become attracted to you. You act confident, you wait a while before you reply to her texts to pretend that you aren't too interested, etc. You act like an alpha male.

Game is harmful because most men use it to get laid. Instead of changing themselves to actually become an attractive man, a lot of them rely on game as a crutch.

If you focus on your faith, you will naturally grow into a confident man because of your relationship with Jesus Christ and God. You won't put women on a pedestal because you will put God before women or anyone else. Women may view you as "mysterious" and "aloof", but it will be because you don't idolize them, not because you're trying to manipulate their natural instincts.

The idea is that as you naturally develop your faith and improve yourself, you will become an attractive man with qualities like "game". However, you will actually be that man, instead of just someone acting like that man.

It's good to be assertive and keep frame in all of life, not only with women. That just means you're masculine, so of course women will respond favorably to that.

However, I don't believe that learning game to attract women aligns with Scripture. Yes, some women may respond more favorably to game in the beginning; but in the long run, a truly devout woman will be attracted to your faith and to the kind of person that you are.

So my suggestion is, focus on becoming the best man you can be and don't worry about game.

Also, I'm not sure how devout the girl you're talking about is, but if she is as devout as some of the women I've seen in the Ladies section of this forum, I don't think she would respond well to game long-term. Eventually, she would realize that you are just playing a "game"

She’s been Christian for all of her life as far as I know. Thank you this is great advice, and it’s true some of the things I did were tactics. But I did genuinely have other things I focused on and improved (and just being introverted) which lead to the mysterious comment but I agree the pretending and series of tactics is not inline with scripture. But I can improve myself and focus on actually becoming that individual through my faith in God and growing that.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I used to think the answer was yes, game works in marriage as in all sexual relationships between men and women.

However, I no longer think so. Or, I should say it's like I took the poison pill.

Now I see married couples, and I think to myself, he's not tall/sexy/cool enough to keep her attention. She's just going to cheat on him, or divorce him and accuse him of fingering the children, or stay with him and be a frigid bitch.

Game worked for me with my wife in the short term, but it's not a real solution for mortal men. If your wife is only sweet and sexual with you because you manage to spit good game at her, your game will dry up way too soon.

jakester318

Sparrow
Hello guys, I'm 22 and have been following Roosh/the forum since I was around 17. I recently started focusing more on my faith and want to be done with all things that aren't from God/Elohim. However when speaking to a Christian girl that I'm interested in pursuing a long term relationship with, I noticed she like most girls responded to me better when I was more assertive, mysterious, kept frame etc. I read in an article by Roosh that game would just get you a secular woman, that would need to be kept that way, and while I agree, can't even genuine Christian women but courted using scripturally acceptable forms of game ?
For the sake of keeping life simple, I encourage you not to confuse game with being a man. There is a lot of overlap between game and being a man, but because men today do not know what being a man is, they flock to game. I don't judge you or any other guy for it because for a time, I went through an experimentation with "game", only to find out that the lessons I came to understand were found in game were always in my head as a man, I just didn't realize it.

Christian women are women still, so don't be surprised if a Christian woman is attracted to your assertiveness, mysteriousness, etc. Women want a man. It's really that simple. She doesn't want a guy who will swoon all over her, buy her flowers all of the time, and hang on her every word. She wants a man who has a strong mindset, is confident in who he is, and believes that he is worth her attention. Consider that many guys today lack many of those qualities so if you possess manly qualities, you shouldn't be surprised that a woman would be attracted to that.

HKBhusal

Sparrow
[...] she like most girls responded to me better when I was more assertive, mysterious, kept frame etc. I read in an article by Roosh that game would just get you a secular woman [...]

In my opinion, even Christian women are modern women living in the secular world (unless they are living in some provincial town in a third world country) and may be influenced by secular persuasion. But of course, not all.

Your observation seems normal enough.

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member

I agree with Jesse on this. Often, if a woman respects you and has a good relationship with her father, it's far easier to bring her to Christianity and live with her than it is being with a woman that has been "Christian" her whole life.

I also agree with Jesse when he notes how so many Christians read the bible, go to church, but fail to behave in a Christian way. He says they 'know about' God but they are not 'of him'.

In particular I see this a lot with Baptists and other Evangelicals.