Should Homosexuality be Illegal?

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
In the past, judgment was brought on land by Godless kings, and today it will be the same. Godless depraved government and its supporters are pavings the way for God's wrath.

I've been thinking about this and I think there is a universal reality that is a mystery that links it, but am not convinced because it is far too simple and frankly, seems like a simpleton protestant point of view from reading like 1 or 2 lines from Romans, though clearly there is something to it. I'm skeptical because people have been invaded and been subject to all manner of division and scattering historically, but those people still continued to live and live a lot of times as mixed and confused or estranged people for hundreds of years. Let me give you an example, the Samaritans (who Christ told the woman at the well they don't know what they are doing). The Assyrians invaded and mixed with the people of the Northern Kingdom and they were looked at as hybrid dogs and unclean by the Judeans, remember? That was over 500 years before Christ.

It's curious when you actually take a step back and look at what happens, even in "Christianity" or "Second Temple Judaism". It's not all that clear that this stuff actually happens as punishment at all, in the sense that yes, you do evil, you get evil ... but when does it stop? Were the Samaritans 300 years after their leaders idolatry and foibles evil? Were they restored?

This points far more to cycles occurring in human history than anything, I would guess first to prepare the coming of the Messiah, and then ... preparing for the parousia. That's the only sense I can make out of it as a mere human.

Cavalier

Kingfisher
Orthodox
In my opinion, the age of consent for homosexual acts should be higher than the age of consent for straight acts. The age of consent is one of the more polarizing laws there is, and it would send a major message, which is that older men, when aiming for young sexual partners, have more leeway and a lower boundary, when going for females, rather than males.

(I'm not sure what these numbers should be, just saying that straight men should be given more freedom than gay men).

this is important because lots of gays rape little boys (or manipuate them into "consenting" into homosexual activities)
The age of consent should be 118.

coldpillow

Banned
Protestant
The age of consent should be 118.
Most people don't live til 118. Perhaps you meant 18?

I suppose you didn't put much thought into your post and just mashed your keyboard.

but if you read my post, I said the age of consent should be different for straight sex and homosexuality. So "age of consent" isn't a single thing. there are varying ages of consent for different circumstances.

But I'll say it again, I don't think you put much thought into your post, and just mashed your keyboard.

magaman

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer

I suppose you didn't put much thought into your post and just mashed your keyboard.

but if you read my post, I said the age of consent should be different for straight sex and homosexuality. So "age of consent" isn't a single thing. there are varying ages of consent for different circumstances.

But I'll say it again, I don't think you put much thought into your post, and just mashed your keyboard.
He didn’t mean 18 and he knows that people don’t live to be 118. What he meant by that went over your head; There should be no “age of consent” for homosexuality and it should be illegal for anyone of any age. Nothing good comes from it and it is a grave sin that should not be celebrated but rather repented.. otherwise facing eternity in hellfire.

Cavalier

Kingfisher
Orthodox

Yes and I meant that the age of consent for homosexuality should be 118. If a person can hold onto depraved thoughts, make it to that age and with death close at hand desires to deeply offend God then he deserves what he gets.

clzoomer

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
Not that pedophilia and homosexuality are comparable, but ideally, they should be treated as such in order to discourage it as much as possible.

Easy_C

Peacock
From a practical perspective I have an issue with it. Enforcement is almost impossible and would be giving carte blanche for surveillance at least as invasive as what the NSA does when investigating it.

It's also a good way for people to get punished because....how do you prove you aren't?

What's more practical and useful is to ban public advocacy or practice. Something like Putin's "Propaganda" laws are all objectively measurable, enforceable, and practical.

Zach

Sparrow
Catholic
Homosexuality and transgenderism are mental illnesses cause by childhood trauma, as many know. Allowing those affected to feed their demons and cope with their abuse by giving into their mental illnesses is a great harm to them and society. It should be illegal, and those caught unrepentantly participating in it, should be institutionalized and given proper treatment, as was always the case up until recently.

It should probably be a misdemeanor that ends up in institutionalization rather than jail time. These people are damaged and need help.

Cavalier

Kingfisher
Orthodox
From a practical perspective I have an issue with it. Enforcement is almost impossible and would be giving carte blanche for surveillance at least as invasive as what the NSA does when investigating it.

It's also a good way for people to get punished because....how do you prove you aren't?

What's more practical and useful is to ban public advocacy or practice. Something like Putin's "Propaganda" laws are all objectively measurable, enforceable, and practical.
Homosexuals sometimes get blocked due to impaction from sodomy. I don’t think there is any other way that could happen. So that would be proof. Also making it illegal would immediately stop all degenerate “pride parades”, drag queen story time, queer marriage. All homosexual activists would have to just shut up or end up in jail. It is not something that has to be drastically enforced by invasive police tactics.

Easy_C

Peacock
Homosexuals sometimes get blocked due to impaction from sodomy. I don’t think there is any other way that could happen. So that would be proof. Also making it illegal would immediately stop all degenerate “pride parades”, drag queen story time, queer marriage. All homosexual activists would have to just shut up or end up in jail. It is not something that has to be drastically enforced by invasive police tactics.
So would laws modeled after Putin's.

Gimlet

Pelican
Not that pedophilia and homosexuality are comparable, but ideally, they should be treated as such in order to discourage it as much as possible.

Here the abstract of a study from 2001 - which such things were still examined.
In it, 46% of homosexual men reported gay childhood molestation vs 7% of heterosexual men...
And I wonder how many homosexual men look back on being molested as a child as a fun lucky day (Milo Y)? The number is probably much higher that 46%.

Denam8487

Robin
Catholic
Here the abstract of a study from 2001 - which such things were still examined.
In it, 46% of homosexual men reported gay childhood molestation vs 7% of heterosexual men...
And I wonder how many homosexual men look back on being molested as a child as a fun lucky day (Milo Y)? The number is probably much higher that 46%.

The fastest way I've shut up leftists who say that the Catholic Church has no authority on sexual morality because of the priests molesting boys is to tell them that the pedo priests were all gay and that's why they engaged in sexual acts with young teenage boys.

Cavalier

Kingfisher
Orthodox
So would laws modeled after Putin's.
Either way. Something should be done. But honestly many people think that somehow the government is going to be intruding into their bedroom if it is made illegal. Not long ago it was illegal in most if not all states and no one had any government official invading their privacy. A normal moral person shouldn’t be engaging in perverse sexual practices even with their own heterosexual spouse and there should be no sex outside of marriage anyway. Do you know that 50 years ago or so that to get a hotel or motel room as a couple a man and woman had to provide their marriage certificate number. Better times

Easy_C

Peacock
Yep, but keep in mind a lot of this also depends on the system you're dealing with. In the current structure where getting rid of political threats by having the cops plant a few oz of weed on them (or such) is common practice, there's some significant risks. In systems that do a better job of protecting the rule of law there's much less risk associated with such things.