Votes: 24 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Topher

Chicken
Does anyone know why pasty white Jews aren’t considered white? I agree with the initial post. I don’t know how Cruz and Fuentes would not be considered white. Rubio is darker, but I’m probably as dark as him. My recent ancestry is French, Belgian, Dutch and Hungarian.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Hispanic is a descriptive term. It has a specific meaning.
The same way Slavic does.
I don't want to eliminate the word "Slavic" just because Slavic people are also white. I find that very bizarre.
What's the problem with descriptive language?

If there's any racial terminology to get rid of, it is white / black.
European, Hispanic, Nordic, African, Caribbean, etc. tells you a lot more about someone than white or black does. After all, Charlise Theron is an African American.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
The Spanish language is more precise than English. A man is called "Latino" and a woman "Latina". I'm glad that most Latins in the US don't really care about the forced "Latinx" term. It's only the chubby brown Latinas and Latin cucks who use that term.

It's not even them for the most part unless they're college activists, it's affluent white progressive fucktards. I could be wrong but I don't think AOC even uses it.

Uprising

Woodpecker
Spanish is not more precise than English.

Hispanic means absolutely nothing, it was an invention for PC culture and universities or governmental programs, whichever way you prefer to look at political opportunism. As if Mexicans like Puerto Ricans because they are also "hispanic." Get that bullshit out of here.

I didn't put this in my OP but Latin Americans always checked "white" on the US census until 1980. 1980 was when they added the "Hispanic" part on the census (so I'm assuming they were checking white on job, school and health forms too).
I don't want to eliminate the word "Slavic" just because Slavic people are also white. I find that very bizarre.

European, Hispanic, Nordic, African, Caribbean, etc. tells you a lot more about someone than white or black does. After all, Charlise Theron is an African American.

Sure but Slavs are also a group of people that can be broadly bunched together based on their ethnicity/race. They're all white. They all generally have a similar (not exact same and not always, but generally similar) type of phenotype to them. Hispanic can and does mean literally every race under the sun.

I'm assuming when you say Hispanic has a descriptive and specific meaning, you must be referring to culture, language, a specific region of the world, etc. etc. Right?

But if we conclude that Hispanic/Latino/Latin has nothing to do with race or ethnicity, but rather culture/language family, then why is a guy like Nick Fuentes, who doesn't speak Spanish and doesn't seem like he has held on to any of his Latin American roots, still being considered Hispanic when the guy clearly doesn't have any linguistic or cultural ties to Latin America? I'm assuming his family has been in the US for at least 3 generations or more at this point.

Hispanic might refer to Latin America but unless you have significant Native blood in you, your family at most has been in Latin America for 500 years or so. Let's say an English Canadian comes to the US. The British have been in Canada for 500 years or so. Would they call themselves English-Americans or Canadian-Americans? They might call themselves Canadian-Americans if they were born in Canada, but what about their children and grandchildren - No, they would be referring to themselves as English-Americans (or British-Americans) and drop the Canadian label entirely.

Do you see my point here? Why are people clinging onto the Hispanic label long after their family has been in the US?

@Lights said:

OP says Hispanic is "meaningless" term. It's not.

Hispanic- n. a Spanish speaking person of Latin American descent, esp. one living in the US.

Hispanic denotes heritage, and has nothing to do the color of your skin;

Furthermore it is irrelevant whether someone would be able to TELL you were Hispanic without knowing your last name.

Exactly my point. Hispanic has nothing to do with the color of your skin. So why when we fill out forms on our race in the US for census, healthcare, schools and employment is there an option to choose Hispanic? What does being Hispanic have to do with the color of your skin or your ethnicity?

Going back to Max Roscoe:

The problem with the descriptive language (as you called it), is that it's being weaponized and used in a way to divide Americans up more than what we already are. Do politicians talk about Germanic Unemployment or Nordic Unemployment like they talk about Hispanic Unemployment? Do we have Hungarian-American Appreciation Month? Do Swedish-Americans whose Great-Grandparents came to the Midwest in the 1800's get college scholarships for being Swedish?

Put better, If the government hired 10 Spaniards fresh off the boat from Madrid for a government job who looked like a Marco Rubio, would they be considered "diverse" and eligible for the government meeting its "diversity quotas"? But yet, 10 Cubans whose Great Grandpas went to Cuba and then their grandsons came to the US, would those 10 Cuban-Americans be considered "diverse" and eligible for the government meeting its "diversity quotas"?

The answer of course is no to the Spaniards from Madrid and yes to the Spaniards from Cuba. Even though the 10 Cuban Americans are Spaniards too and both groups are the exact same. Meaning that they have just created out of thin air another group to counter against the all evil white man.

And that is why the term Hispanic is problematic in America and even in places like Canada I'm sure too.

Last edited:

perros

Woodpecker
The Spanish language is more precise than English. A man is called "Latino" and a woman "Latina". I'm glad that most Latins in the US don't really care about the forced "Latinx" term. It's only the chubby brown Latinas and Latin cucks who use that term.

I despise that term. I honestly have no idea where it came from, all of a sudden we are suppose to say Latinx to each other out of nowhere. I heard it came from some university somewhere.

I despise that term. I honestly have no idea where it came from, all of a sudden we are suppose to say Latinx to each other out of nowhere. I heard it came from some university somewhere.
You are now latinx, deal with it brother.

Don't we all love it when 'progressives' get to pick the fruits of decades of 'progressive' politics?

I sometimes imagine what the look on the face of Cardi B. will be when she gets her next tax slip. Absolute gold!

well considering that spanish is way faster than english, and downfall of the anglosphere. whatever hispanics want to be called is what it should be. Indigenous people in the americas prefer terms such as american indian or native american instead of indian. the proper term considering should be latin american americans, or the country then americans. like mexican or peruvian or whatever country they hail from. there are some spaniards in the us but most spanish people are of mexican ancestry and latam and the caribbean. especially in the southwest states such as california, new mexico, arizona, texas and colorado and nevada.

tomtud

Pelican
To go off on a tangent, the jews take it even further. A Jew from Chile, or Mexico? One day they refer to themselves as latino, mestizo, jew, white, heck even Israeli. (That’s a whole other topic) Tribalism at play here. I remember filling out a form from a famous clinic (mayo clinic) and the ethnicity checklist had various boxes for the various groups. They even had south East Asian, Pakistani ( it was the same f’n country before. Same people ethnically but when Islam came changed the culture somewhat). As for white, just a blanket statement all whites are the same, Which is incorrect.

the insistence by some to separate the groups (splitting hairs) is meant to keep the citizens weak as a group. If the country is split amongst these silly lines ( Hispanic, latino, white Latino, mestizo, Afro Latino) racism will always be a card certain groups play more than others and you have an us versus them mentality.

certain players are pushing this narrative to keep the masses fractured amongst these potentially dangerous lines. of course there are positives having different cultures in a country, but at times it can cause friction as well.

I remember my dad telling me a story when he went to margarita island in Venezuela for a vacation about the time Hugo Chavez was coming to power or was in his infancy of his presidency. somehow at hotel lobby bar He spoke to an Italian business owner who lived there said that the locals (various mixtures and shades) started being more “proud” and not showing respect to him the owner for looking more European. even Italy from the north to the south you can see a difference in average height, look, body build, skin tone. Never mind, Scottish to Italy. Yet all are white Europeans to this agenda. Anyhow, this man ended up selling his business or closing shop As he saw the tension building up. Look at Venezuela today. Look at South Africa today.

Many labels need to be dropped. If a leftist is reading this, I am going to be called idiotically by them a racist, fascist for stating my observations. Ridiculous.

El Chinito loco

Crow
Gold Member
Why not use the term “spic” since it usually encompasses overarching qualities such as criminality and high time preference from the region no matter the skin tone?

I will give castizos credit since most dont emigrate the vast majority of the time because they have long running corruption schemes going on in the countries their ancestors laid down roots in. No matter how much wine they swirl around or cash they have they still act not too unlike negros in rap videos. Low civilization savages.

I love how people pretend Latin American countries arent mostly shit holes due to corruption, patron roots, and deep drug/cartel politics.

I also love how people think that everything will be A-ok once the US is substituted with latin America. Latinos as a demographic shift will be alright? Nah.

No, assholes. What you will get is the ghetto shit you see in South and central America again. People cooked alive and beheaded on camera. Your daughters raped and tossed into a field. Also, Cartel politicians and old plantation families setting up their casas in the US.

Just look at Canada, the US, and Mexico. All within relatively close geographic proximity but one is very much unlike the other. WONDER WHY? Hmmmm?

NPC: I have a good idea dey are natural conservatives lets let them all in huh hurr durr *wipes drool on sleeve* Dey is good boys

Last edited:

lonewolf1968

Woodpecker
Just two thoughts on this. I find the label Hispanic kind of stupid but necessary. We don't really like each other and the nations that make part of LA it are diverse. We could agree that all Asians kind of look the same and are part of a very homogenous group (except for India and Middle east). In Latam, you have a true melting pot, sheer Chaos. We're also racist/xenophobic to one another. For instance Argentinians vs Bolivians, Peruvians vs Chileans, Mexicans vs Argentinians, Colombians vs other Colombians, etc. On another note, Language and Culture quoting Michael Savage, it's the only way where it makes sense to dub the peoples of the region as 'Hispanics'. (Catholicism/Roman language)

Second thought. Latin America is what western civilization looks like unfinished, with a 20-35% White demographic. Maybe this is what the U.S future looks like when demographics change. The Brazilification of the U.S, I read that on another thread, I like the term. Cheers boys.

Salocin

Robin
I live in a place where 1/3 plus of the population is "Hispanic". Overwhelmingly the Hispanics here are of Mexican ancestry, and not the Mexican elites with light skin, hair, and eyes. They mostly have black hair, and dark skin and eyes. They're certainly not White, and they're certainly not Black nor Asian. "Native American" would probably be the most accurate description, but until they begin to identify themselves as such "Hispanic" will do the trick. It always makes me do a double take when I see the demographics listed as 75% White, until I delve deeper and see it's only 40% "Non-Hispanic White". The distinction must be made unless we all go SJW and agree all this race stuff is just a social construct we have imagined.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Maybe we should just drop all of this ethnic bullcrap and just go on merit instead.
Nah, that would help whites and asians.

The truth is, as lilly white as I am, I have been making up my race since the mid 2000s. They were pushing the, "race doesn't matter" BS, so I responded by, "Well, then I'll put whatever I want."

For white South Africans expats, use this hack to your full advantage. I'm surprised Elon Musk doesn't try to pull the whole, "SBA" thing as an african american owned business. Milk them and piss 'em off as much as you can.

Honk honk!

stugatz

Pelican
I dislike the term Latino, since it means “from a country that speaks a Latin-related language”. I also get annoyed by the Latino/Latina gendering and would rather have a term that can’t be made into some monstrosity like “Latinx”.

Hispanic may be dated (OP went over the origins of the word) but it at least doesn’t get on my nerves.

“Mestizo” is a better word for dark-skinned people from Mexico/Central America/South America, but it has somehow not caught on.

stugatz

Pelican
Does anyone know why pasty white Jews aren’t considered white? I agree with the initial post. I don’t know how Cruz and Fuentes would not be considered white. Rubio is darker, but I’m probably as dark as him. My recent ancestry is French, Belgian, Dutch and Hungarian.
Because they’re not Westerners, and have never assimilated, for the most part.

That doesn’t make them people of color, though - it just makes them a foreign culture.

Volador26

Pigeon
Lots of great discussion here. I’ll just add my two pesos. The Left, especially those familiar with the Cultural Marxist ethos, realizes that words can be used for everything from attacking enemies to enforcing their (often twisted) vision on the rest of us. In short, words mean things, even if focusing on them initially seems quite silly.

Hence, “Latino” and “Latina” (I’m sure there’s a few caballeros here who are married to Marias and Yazmins!) help to push back against the pro-trans “Latinx”. Sure, “Latinx” is absurd: if any Western civilization understood the difference between the sexes, it was the Romans from whom Spanish speakers trace their language.
But it is undeniable that “Latinx” has gone from being a Marxist professor buzzword to something increasingly mainstream. It’s not a stretch to compare this to the anti-White “privilege” drivel. (I first encountered this term in college circa 2014 and brushed it off as something so self evidently retarded and insulting that would never be taken seriously. Yeah, I know.)

So, Latino is the way to go if for no other reason than it offends all the right people and enables one to take a stand, no matter how seemingly insignificant, that their are indeed differences between the sexes.

Someone like Marco Rubio and his family shouldn't be considered anything different than white. You would have no problems finding people that looked like this family in Spain, they are clearly ethnically Spaniards:

dd5be391690486c851c695cd9cf63761.jpg

Are there any Spaniards, Italians or Portuguese on this forum? What do you think someone like a Marco Rubio, if he came from Latin America (rather than from the USA) and went to live in Spain (there's a lot of cases like this), what do you think he should be called? Hispanic? Latin American? A Spaniard? Or simply whatever country of origin he comes from and then his kids would be Spaniards assuming he married a Spanish woman?

Amen to this post, as a white Spanish guy, writing from Spain, it is comforting to see some one from the US that has seen this.

I would label as “white”, at least 85% of Spain, and 95% in the top half of the country. The same applies to Italy, only perhaps 15% of their population would I not call white. Is Danny Devito not white?

Spain and Italy are very similar, however someone from Spain would mark “Hispanic” and someone from Italy white, in customs? Hmm

There are many families that look like the one in the picture.

In latin america there are huge differences as well, as a big percentage of Argentinans for example, are total european descendants, and white.

Technically speaking, Americans are, or should only be consider, the descendants of the the British people who colonized the East coast. If I'm not wrong, I think all the founding fathers were majority British.

Also, we have to acknowledge that America was/is a Mason project, so I think that to have multi-ethnic (Mostly European) society was always the main purpose.
Actually, I read somewhere that most of the USA gene pool is not british, its German