Should young women go to college? If not, what should they (realistically) do?

Should young women go to college?

• Yes

• No

• I don’t know

• Maybe, under certain conditions (explain)

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PVW

Sparrow
Woman
Agreed. I think that's also why people tend to have friendships within their own age group, too.
I bet the modern age norms in the US are probably a result of the high school/college system reforms during the early 1900s with women starting to attend high school and college (co-ed colleges too) more regularly and coupling up with someone they met there of a similar age whereas before, it would have been through some other kind of social connection/event or arrangement.

Absolutely, and once people are out of school, they are likely to meet through social connections.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
I've seen those same statistics. Men, regardless of age, wanted 18-22 year olds. My response was similar to yours. I already had a dad, I saw no reason whatsoever to date a man who was old enough to be my father. It would have been like dating one of my dad's friends--nope! I thought men who were that much older should date women in their own age group, because they'd have more in common--being of the same generation.

As for young men who were in their mid to late 20s when I was in my early 20s, that made more sense to me. We were within the same age group, but they were a bit more established, for example, in graduate school as compared to being college, or working because they were already finished with their education.
I know this is unpalatable for women, but the reason we are all here (as evidenced by the experiment done and the forum currently) is because survival is inversely correlated to what women think and want. A hard saying, but true.

PVW

Sparrow
Woman
I know this is unpalatable for women, but the reason we are all here (as evidenced by the experiment done and the forum currently) is because survival is inversely correlated to what women think and want. A hard saying, but true.
That might be true--or not--but I'm not going to argue about it because it's way beyond the scope of the observation I was making.

That said, I can't see anything harmful or unreasonable in a young woman thinking that dating a man a few years older is better than dating a man old enough to be her father.

Last edited:

palsofchaos

Sparrow
College is such an utter waste of time. The cost keeps going up and all it enables you to do is work for someone who will pay you a wage that is being inflated to nothing.

Unless you are going for a very VERY specialized skill, it is not worth it. The cons are too great. 90% of courses you take in college are worthless.

It is a good way to meet friends and find a spouse but you're giving up years of productivity, lots of debt, and subjecting yourself to extreme weaponized brainwashing. And at the end of the day you might not end up using your degree at all.

A lot of people I know were shackled by college rather than enabled/empowered through it. It is basically satan's training camp and I don't think that's an exaggeration. Putting a malleable 18 year old's mind through that is so destructive.

Please, please, please consider doing literally anything else. There isn't just one better alternative. Just about any alternative is better than wasting 4+ years of your life in a "university".

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I personally found university to be valuable. In my opinion it gets people out of that hometown mindset in much the same way that going abroad can do for people. Of course you must have strong morals instilled by your family in order to not succumb to a lot of the current feminist, political correctness brainwashing that is rampant in most American colleges. Under thr right circumstances I think it is a good life experience to learn various socialization and independence skills to use later in life. That being said, a college degree can open a lot of doors, but is certainly not necessary, especially for women.

kel

Ostrich
Ahh... If only I knew people like you guys in real life so we could start arranging our kids' marriages ;)
For real, though, that kind of network (formerly known as a "community" in the bad old days before *~progress~*) is the best way of doing such things. I regret that I was raised as I was, with the assumption that I'd move off to college, date, etc. And I bought in hard, I wanted to get out of my home town, get that degree that was my ticket to the neo-petite-bourgeoisee. And then I wanted to travel, take exotic psychedelics, scr.w women at the four corners of the earth until I lost count. Rinse, repeat. The idea of marrying a girl in your home town who you'd known for years was like hell, like you'd failed to launch at what should have been an eat, pray, love kinda life.

So, I did it all, I got very good at traveling, partying, and making and saving money to enable more. But I missed out on deeply rooted community, feeling in and of a place. Now I find myself with an endless supply of chicks to b.ng, but usually I just can't even summon the will to deal with the hassle, ironically since it's easier than ever.

Hopefully some of the women I'm putting through "try outs" for serious possibility work out, but who knows. If it does then I'm very much committed to raising my kids with a very different set of expectations and sense of responsibility and view of their place in the world and in time than what I was raised with. "Arranging", to some extent, marriage seems prudent to me.

I've seen those same statistics. Men, regardless of age, wanted 18-22 year olds. My response was similar to yours. I already had a dad, I saw no reason whatsoever to date a man who was old enough to be my father. It would have been like dating one of my dad's friends--nope! I thought men who were that much older should date women in their own age group, because they'd have more in common--being of the same generation.

As for young men who were in their mid to late 20s when I was in my early 20s, that made more sense to me. We were within the same age group, but they were a bit more established, for example, in graduate school as compared to being college, or working because they were already finished with their education.

It is definitely a mismatch. As in there are practical reasons why even older Men prefer youth.

The obvious one is he doesn't want an empty or decaying egg carton.

It is quite high risk for example especially for women 35 or older when attempting to first have children. And of course to minimise mutation load in future children.

Of course this is primarily instinctual. But those instincts wouldn't exist if it didn't make sense. Take it or leave it.

God made Men this way. And there is no issue in those instincts in that case.

On the other hand the Man shouldn't be so old that when the children grow up. That he is too old to run off after them.

Last edited:
That might be true--or not--but I'm not going to argue about it because it's way beyond the scope of the observation I was making.

That said, I can't see anything harmful or unreasonable in a young woman thinking that dating a man a few years older is better than dating a man old enough to be her father.

Makes sense. Although it doesn't harm her either to cast a wider net.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
If this is a family's plan, to discourage higher education and set daughters up to be dependent on others for survival (parents, extended family, and/or husband), I think they have the responsibility to ensure those women are taken care of in any scenario. What if her husband turns out to be an adulterer, or he unexpectedly dies at a young age? That dependent woman is going to need a village supporting and providing for her, probably for her entire life.

A woman should be dependent on her father, and then on her husband. Throughout all of this, she should be dependent upon God.

These 'what if' scenarios reveal no faith. God takes care of mistreated wives and widows. Read the stories of Ruth and St. Monica.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
It is definitely a mismatch. As in there are practical reasons why even older Men prefer youth.

The obvious one is he doesn't want an empty or decaying egg carton.

It is quite high risk for example especially for women 35 or older when attempting to first have children. And of course to minimise mutation load in future children.

Of course this is primarily instinctual. But those instincts wouldn't exist if it didn't make sense. Take it or leave it.

God made Men this way. And there is no issue in those instincts in that case.

On the other hand the Man shouldn't be so old that when the children grow up. That he is too old to run off after them.

There are far more men that are in better shape than ever for whom longevity is absolutely no issue. There are a dearth of women who are in better shape than ever. If you doubt this, look at pairings across the anglosphere.

I know women don't like the feeling that their nature is in fact "have it all", but if it were not that way, why was "feminism" so successful? Wanting men your age (for no good reason, in reality) is a part of wanting it all, but in fact, they don't even commit to men their age in this society, anyway, which is the whole reason the objection to this is a lie.

Forgive me for being crude, but it must be said: biologically speaking, a man must be excited by a woman but it matters not, ultimately (physically) from the woman's point of view since she has much greater interest in other things. Which the "patriarchy" has understood for thousands of years.

A woman should be dependent on her father, and then on her husband. Throughout all of this, she should be dependent upon God.

These 'what if' scenarios reveal no faith. God takes care of mistreated wives and widows. Read the stories of Ruth and St. Monica.

God does this through those Men in their lives and upon the Church. The social networks God works through people to establish.

Its not a coincidence Ruth ended up in the field of Boaz. A decent and Righteous Man who made a good Husband.

Although I do believe that is a bit of nuance too. Not a binary.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
Sometimes He doesn't and likewise, that's fine. The idea that God will take care of you with XYZ is largely nonsense. He allows people to suffer for His glory and crowns them eternally. I am not complaining, just pointing out that there have been miserable lives lived gloriously in the eternal realm which of course, we mostly don't notice, or can't see.

There are far more men that are in better shape than ever for whom longevity is absolutely no issue. There are a dearth of women who are in better shape than ever. If you doubt this, look at pairings across the anglosphere.

I know women don't like the feeling that their nature is in fact "have it all", but if it were not that way, why was "feminism" so successful? Wanting men your age (for no good reason, in reality) is a part of wanting it all, but in fact, they don't even commit to men their age in this society, anyway, which is the whole reason the objection to this is a lie.

Forgive me for being crude, but it must be said: biologically speaking, a man must be excited by a woman but it matters not, ultimately (physically) from the woman's point of view since she has much greater interest in other things. Which the "patriarchy" has understood for thousands of years.

Hence my earlier suggestion. Sure a net shouldn't be unnecessarily too narrow. But I do see that there is reason in the other direction as I said earlier in this thread.

Solitarius

Sparrow
College is such an utter waste of time. The cost keeps going up and all it enables you to do is work for someone who will pay you a wage that is being inflated to nothing.

Unless you are going for a very VERY specialized skill, it is not worth it. The cons are too great. 90% of courses you take in college are worthless.

It is a good way to meet friends and find a spouse but you're giving up years of productivity, lots of debt, and subjecting yourself to extreme weaponized brainwashing. And at the end of the day you might not end up using your degree at all.

A lot of people I know were shackled by college rather than enabled/empowered through it. It is basically satan's training camp and I don't think that's an exaggeration. Putting a malleable 18 year old's mind through that is so destructive.

Please, please, please consider doing literally anything else. There isn't just one better alternative. Just about any alternative is better than wasting 4+ years of your life in a "university".
Its baleful influence is particularly pernicious in regard to women. Their weak-mindedness leads to them believing wholeheartedly whatever rubbish their (((professors))) tell them, no matter how absurd it may be. Any friends they make will be just as mentally deranged as they are, or will have become under professorial tutelage & will only exacerbate the delusions of grandeur they generally suffer from & cause to become even more deeply ingrained whatever monomania has taken hold of them, whether it be protesting the treatment of negro criminals by the police, or agitating for the legalisation of infanticide in other countries, or something else. Once they've been through university they are generally speaking beyond human help. It would take a miracle of Divine Grace to get their minds right, it's much better that they not go in the first place.

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
Hypergamy is also an instinct. So maybe indicators of status also influences their "Love" which in many cases are also instinctual. Its not simply any older Man but something similar to Christian Grey which is unfortunate but accurate barometer of many women's desires.

I dunno.
Males and females both engage in hypergamy (which is really sleazy for both parties, imo).

***Money money money*** ugh…

That this is perceived as only female sided is just not true. That females engage in it… is just confirmation that it’s the money not the person that attracts them to “older men” and that men (like they’ve previously posted) only care about a young woman’s physical fitness (i.e., young and fertile) which means these women are replaceable as soon as they’re “too old.” What involved father would choose that for his daughter? None… Also, plenty of males marry women of much higher standing, they’re just not so vocal about it…

For reference, there is a boy who is the sole heir of a multi-million dollar franchise who has been “in love” with my oldest daughter since 7th grade and is still “in love” with her now (they have several high school classes together). The son is an absolute limpwristed, below-average intelligence, and literally small person and the parents are the gloating, fake, country-club type…
Hard-pass for my daughter.

Last edited:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
For reference, there is a boy who is the sole heir of a multi-million dollar franchise who has been “in love” with my oldest daughter since 7th grade and is still “in love” with her now (they have several high school classes together). The son is an absolute limpwristed, below-average intelligence, and literally small person and the parents are the gloating, fake, country-club type…
Hard-pass for my daughter.
Regression to the mean ftw haha.

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member

The whole "old enough to be your father" thing is a fallacy. There are creeps of all age ranges and you are not accounting for one's life experiences, physical characteristics, general health, and many other attributes. If you met a man you were attracted to without knowing his age, and if he had a similar outlook in life as you, and he did not behave in a way that reminded you of "your father and/or his weird/creepy friends", his intentions were honorable and he was interested in pursuing a serious relationship for the purposes of marriage/family, in what way would that be a problem for you or be "wrong"? I see this attitude far too often and while I kind of understand where it comes from (clown world/hypergamy/feminism) I just find it really unfortunate. These same women often complain about a lack of quality men who are interested in marriage/family but will rebuke a man for showing interest if he doesn't fit into an arbitrary age range.

That this is perceived as only female sided is just not true. That females engage in it… is just confirmation that it’s the money not the person that attracts them to “older men” and that men (like they’ve previously posted) only care about a young woman’s physical fitness (i.e., young and fertile) which means these women are replaceable as soon as they’re “too old.” What involved father would choose that for his daughter? None… Also, plenty of males marry women of much higher standing, they’re just not so vocal about it…
Men (some of us, at least) only care about a woman's youth because it is directly tied to fertility and they wish to form a family and have children. This is precisely how God set things up and intended for them to work. You appear to be framing that as if it is some kind of evil or manipulative thing which I think is misguided at best. Not all men are looking to exploit and then dump young women when they get old. Some would, I grant, but it is unfair to paint all men with a broad brush in that regard.

Last edited:
Males and females both engage in hypergamy (which is really sleazy for both parties, imo).

There does look to be a marked difference at least according to okcupid:

L9Vu4Zo.png

From this site:

It has been deleted recently.

Also tinder data:

Last edited: