Should young women go to college? If not, what should they (realistically) do?

Should young women go to college?

• Yes

• No

• I don’t know

• Maybe, under certain conditions (explain)

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Males and females both engage in hypergamy (which is really sleazy for both parties, imo).

***Money money money*** ugh…

That this is perceived as only female sided is just not true. That females engage in it… is just confirmation that it’s the money not the person that attracts them to “older men” and that men (like they’ve previously posted) only care about a young woman’s physical fitness (i.e., young and fertile) which means these women are replaceable as soon as they’re “too old.” What involved father would choose that for his daughter? None… Also, plenty of males marry women of much higher standing, they’re just not so vocal about it…

Sure. I think those women are pretty physically attractive to boot. No problem.

I’m not talking about random internet people… and I’m not going to dox myself….

Of course. Examples from the internet is the only way to do this. Although I suspect that your post came before the edit.

Edit: How do the Men who know them rate them on the physical attractiveness scale when they married?

Last edited:

kel

Ostrich
Women marry (and date, and whatever else) upwards in terms of status. Money is a reasonable proxy for status, since high status can bring you money, and money can help a low-status guy fake it, but it's not 100% correlated. Particularly at the high end it starts breaking down.

There does look to be a marked difference at least according to okcupid:

L9Vu4Zo.png

From this site:

It has been deleted recently.

Also tinder data:

I chuckled at the recent story about a female matchmaker who quit her job trying to help women find mates, because of their utterly unrealistic demands! Lol

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I would rather my daughter marry a tall man than a rich man… just saying :squintlol:

That's why I don't get the "if you're so smart why are you poor" mentality, as if inherited wealth isn't a thing in certain situations, and sometimes intelligent parents have a dull child that they articifically prop up.

People love each other for all kinds of reasons, not because they check off boxes or meet arbitrary requirements.

Mike_Key

Woodpecker
In certain communities, say the Persian, Hispanic or Mennonite - girls can and do tend to stay living with their parents long after high school. Some men do the same. At some point, this crutch is very unattractive. This is the point where the person should be married (Mennonites wouldn't have a problem getting married at all).

After a few years the girl will have had a boyfriend or two. Equally the guy will have had a girlfriend. They appear traditional yet they skulk off to have sex. An ideal situation is that they marry this first love of theirs. I've seen that happen, but only in a minority of cases. As mentioned in another of my posts, I recounted where an Indian guy asked a woman about her situation. She said that she had a boyfriend; to which he replied "What is that?". Basically he left her with the message, "Get married, have babies." And this guy was a complete stranger to her. In fact, in my mind, he could have been an angel from heaven.

College?

Many people are not cut out for college, but we do benefit from having intelligent women that lead other women in Christian circles. Do they fight and argue with each other, of course, but knowing Excel, having organizational skills, having maturity (not giggling with too much wine) and the ability to execute plans is huge. These skills are picked up when a person is forced for four (4) years in college to turn in assignments week after week. If you are simply going to answer phone calls, pull permits and use a calculator for invoices belonging to your HVAC or Plumbers/Contractor husband (all Noble jobs) then you probably don't need to go to College.
(My main point, immediately above)

What I've written here is very mild language and I think I'll leave it at that. That's simply the way things are in this broken world.

Often times you'll here women say, "There was no one, absolutely no one to marry me."

The reply "Actually, there were too many." (Sadly)

With Divorce and broken families many young women are not taught skills, given confidence, they seek attention and there is no accountability or maturity. The same goes for young men sadly, but imagine a world where Parents would help young couples, seems everyone is selfish. Let us pray that this changes.

I could mention red pill ideas, but this is the Woman's forum.

John 3:16

Last edited:
That's why I don't get the "if you're so smart why are you poor" mentality, as if inherited wealth isn't a thing in certain situations, and sometimes intelligent parents have a dull child that they articifically prop up.

People love each other for all kinds of reasons, not because they check off boxes or meet arbitrary requirements.

Real attraction is multi-dimensional in real life. For example the Personality of Cleopatra VII got both Mark Antony and Julius Caesar smitten despite looking like this:

I think Social Media greatly distorts this. Although this extremely lopsided preferences like making about 80% or more of all Men as unattractive is ridiculous.

While Men are more tolerant of more average women by comparison.

And yes a long checkbox approach is going to result in 99% of Men being crossed off the list. Well I guess its gonna be Cats and Boxed Wine for those women.

That is a pretty sharp example of Hypergamy out of control.

Hypergamy I believe is designed by God as I think Wives are made to look up to their Husbands in many ways. As its original Wholesome design suggests.

But like Gluttony has been fed into an appetite that has become out of control by our modern day "Babylon". It has gone out of proportion from its original purposes as God intended.

Last edited:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Real attraction is multi-dimensional in real life. For example the Personality of Cleopatra VII got both Mark Antony and Julius Caesar smitten despite looking like this:

She had a big nose and red hair. I think all of these reconstructions are generous, actually, lol, considering a lot of them had serious genetic abnormalities (King Tut had club feet, an overbite, etc).

Lawrence87

Robin
Orthodox
I think generally university is basically engineered to be a source of destruction for the family unit and society as a whole. Aside from the obvious woke nonsense that gets shoved down everyone's throat at these institutions, they also serve to remove young impressionable people from the influence of their parents, in an environment where there is a culture of drinking, fornication, and partying etc.

At least here in the UK basically everyone goes to university. Having a degree thesedays is about as valuable as having two eyes in your head. It's clear to me that they want to funnel everyone through university for more nefarious means. In my view this is for the removal of parental influence, and basically brainwashing...

I would say that most people ought to avoid college, unless you have a very specific aim in mind, and intend to go further than just a degree.

EDIT: Not to mention that the system funnels basically everyone into debt too...

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker
As a Mormon, I would want to send my daughter, if I had one, to Brigham Young University. They have a strict honor code, excellent academics, and despite no drugs, sex or alcohol, they know how to have fun. They have campuses in Utah, Idaho and even Hawaii.

I know there are Evangelical Christian universities, with some much stricter than others. As for Catholics, there is of course one of the greatest schools in America, Notre Dame. I don't know of any Orthodox Christian universities.

A young woman needs the leavening influence of a college education for many good reasons. But the problem is that feminism and secularism has infected most western universities, turning them into places that corrupt the young.
Plus, a conservative Christian college is a great place to meet a future husband. Many people actually do find mates there.

Easy_C

Peacock
I agree in theory with attending a Catholic college. In practice it's a disaster and those schools are catholic in name only.

Unfortunately my undergrad does not exist in the form it does when I went there. It wasn't Texas A&M, but that similar model where you have a "men's school", like a military college partnered with a civilian campus isn't a bad setup. A lot of the people there were hoping to find a spouse they could marry after graduating.

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker
I know this is unpalatable for women, but the reason we are all here (as evidenced by the experiment done and the forum currently) is because survival is inversely correlated to what women think and want. A hard saying, but true.
Although the reason some of us are here is because a woman was with a man she was attracted to but wasn’t “supposed to” be with. (Maybe her husband was much older and shooting blanks.)
Life finds a way.
(Not that biology is always in accordance with morality.)

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker
She had a big nose and red hair. I think all of these reconstructions are generous, actually, lol, considering a lot of them had serious genetic abnormalities (King Tut had club feet, an
She had a big nose and red hair. I think all of these reconstructions are generous, actually, lol, considering a lot of them had serious genetic abnormalities (King Tut had club feet, an overbite, etc).
Is red hair a problem?