Siege of Kiev

Going strong

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Why hasn't Russia tried to invade Kiev yet?

1 - To ask for more in a ceasefire agreement;

2 - Logistics;

3 - Want to starve the Ukrainian army in Kiev.

I think it's in that order.
4 - fear of a nuclear device planted by NATO, somewhere in Kiev. A nuclear device that NATO would detonate as soon as enough Russian tanks and trucks would have entered Kiev. Then NATO would blame it on the Russians making a mistake and accidentally detonating one of their own weapons, or maybe on a 'crazy Chechen' detonating the bomb in Kiev.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
4 - fear of a nuclear device planted by NATO, somewhere in Kiev. A nuclear device that NATO would detonate as soon as enough Russian tanks and trucks would have entered Kiev. Then NATO would blame it on the Russians making a mistake and accidentally detonating one of their own weapons, or maybe on a 'crazy Chechen' detonating the bomb in Kiev.
As far fetched as this scenario sounds, it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility. When you hear council on foreign relations people explicitly talking about Putin nuking Kiev, you either think a) these people are total idiots, or b) they have information that you don't have. And it's most likely b, given how connected those guys are to intelligence agencies.

Liviu

Robin
Orthodox
Why did Russia not tried to invade Kiev yet?

1 - To require more in a ceasefire agreement;

2 - Logistics;

3 - Want Kill Kiev of Hunger.

Yes, indeed, but all these have a common denominator: not losing many men and much time which means a lot of money. Russia spends for the war somewhere between 10 to 20 billion dollars a day.

Why did Russia not tried to invade Kiev yet?

1 - To require more in a ceasefire agreement;

2 - Logistics;

3 - Want Kill Kiev of Hunger.

It seems that the city of Mariupol, is already running out of food.

The Roman Empire did this with Gaul (current France) and Nazi Germany tried to do this with Stalingrad (current volgged) in World War II. Both are no longer there.

If Russia does this, it will burn and the movie a lot. Any invaders from Russia, will have no consideration, as well as the invaders have not had any consideration with the Roman Empire and Nazi Germany.

NY Digital

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member

The Roman Empire did this with Gaul (current France) and Nazi Germany tried to do this with Stalingrad (current volgged) in World War II. Both are no longer there.

If Russia does this, it will burn and the movie a lot. Any invaders from Russia, will have no consideration, as well as the invaders have not had any consideration with the Roman Empire and Nazi Germany.

I have no idea what you just said.

Cavalier

Kingfisher
Orthodox

I really don’t know what you mean about the Romans and Gaul. Rome completely defeated the Gauls. The Gauls were long gone before the Roman Empire ended. And I really don’t know what any of that has to do with Mariupol anyway.

Caduceus

Ostrich
That huge Russian convoy has been parked outside of Kiev for more than a week now.
What are they waiting for ?

Caduceus

Ostrich
What are you talking about? They've been in negotiations regarding humanitarian corridors. Russia isn't trying to destroy Kiev, they're trying to save it.
I never said anything about destroying the city.
I want to know why they have been waiting so long before entering Kiev.
Also, are humanitarian corridors actually in place for Kiev too ?
I thought this was just for cities in the east and south of Ukraine at the moment.

A huge convoy just sitting there like that for days and days is a sitting duck for a drone strike.

Elipe

Ostrich
Protestant
I thought this was just for cities in the east and south of Ukraine at the moment.

A huge convoy just sitting there like that for days and days is a sitting duck for a drone strike.
Yes. There is a cease fire in place.

And yet nobody attacked it... no drones. no ambushes, nothing there...
As to the reason - well why should they hurry ? Ukrainians want to engage them in urban - metro warfare and they politly declined ;). Don't judge Russian art of war with western standards. They got time, they can slowly encircle the city, swoop the suburbs and tighten the net, and then repeat the process and push back the defence. This is a siege not a blitz

PixelFree

Kingfisher
Catholic
According to recent channel updates (Bellum Actum, CIG, etc) it appears there have been recent strikes in Kiev once again.

My gut feel is they will try to take the city again soon.

Easy_C

Peacock
My favorite western propaganda idiocy is Russian tanks and vehicles running out of oil. One of the world's most oil-rich countries, in a war taking place right on its doorstep, can't get enough oil for its military? Now I've really heard everything...
Well, you see, the Russians are both astoundingly incompetent and evil geniuses who can mastermind global politics at the same time.