Signs of escalation into a World War

TheosisSeeker

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
What makes such a scenario so chaotic is that many people who think of themselves as prestigious members of society will be most ill-equipped to handle it.

Both the useful professions (dentists, for example) and the wastes of space (such as diversity department college administrators) will often have very little social and logistical currency.

If prices skyrocket as you’d expect, having money prior to any social upheaval will not mean very much after a short while.

By contrast, a high school-educated forklift driver at a warehouse will probably have a much better chance of getting along.

Aside from the college administrator snipe, I am not making any moral judgment here, just pointing out that the rules and skills valued in a still somewhat stable society will mean a lot less during turmoil.

I completely agree. The 'upper class' or 'prestigious' people for several reasons, won't be able to handle it. They're too used to getting their way, so even psychologically it's difficult to face hardship.

Even in my case, I work in a highly specialized field for specific industries. Would my skills transfer? Maybe, maybe not.

I believe the skills and mindset I've built through religious discipline and doing combat sports like Judo and Jiujitsu prepare me 1000x more than any career 'skill.'

The social systems quickly break down when shtf. Being a CEO of a fortune 500 doesn't really mean jack besides having the private jet to flee the chaos, as we saw in Ukraine.

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
What makes such a scenario so chaotic is that many people who think of themselves as prestigious members of society will be most ill-equipped to handle it.

Both the useful professions (dentists, for example) and the wastes of space (such as diversity department college administrators) will often have very little social and logistical currency.

This puts me in mind of parts of the book "World War Z".
Early on in the book as the people of NYC prepare for the coming zombie horde, a group of billionaire elite types hole themselves up in a massive compound (in the Hamptons or somewhere similar) behind giant walls with an army of armed-to-the-teeth security, truckloads of specialty food with gourmet chefs, etc etc. In their hubris they were live-streaming to the world how they were doing and they ended up getting overrun instead by hordes of fleeing people, with the armed security unable or unwilling to shoot them all.

Later in the book after the zombie hordes have ravaged the planet and the rebuilding begins, it is the janitors and laborers who are in charge of getting things put back together, and the Fortune 500 types who are relegated to the most basic laborer jobs.

david.garrett84

Pelican
Protestant

And they all clapped!

Deagel could be correct on the UK's fate.

When Truss had the affair with her older male mentor, at least the mentor’s wife had the good sense to divorce him afterwards. Truss’ husband did not have any such good sense.

Call me a nitpicker, but when you inflate a mediocre, quota-filling female politician’s ego by letting her cuckold you without consequence, I’d say that translates into her thinking she can get away with totally asinine “policy” when it comes to the “hypothetical” use of nuclear weapons.

Some hyperbole on my part, yes, but there’s close to zero accountability for women in both their relationships and their “professional” lives. Accountability deficits in one area definitely flow into others.

TheosisSeeker

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen

And they all clapped!

Deagel could be correct on the UK's fate.

Lots of things, but technology imparticular has created an insidious effect that detaches people from reality. Drone strikes, online dating, pressing a button, remote work, female online attention and ego boosting, the list goes on.

Truth and reality are being distorted.

Now it's literally affecting the world stage. You have this woman, who mind you is followed around by an entourage ready to take insta publicity pics for her, telling us she's ready to make a decision on using nukes.

And of course they all clap, cause she's a strong (ha) woman and they have to.

I desire peace, however if a massive war was ever to break out, I hope the fight is taken right to these leaders and the reality and brutality of it put right in their faces. It's the only way to stop their delusions.

Caduceus

Ostrich
The UK prime minister does not even have even a fraction of the executive or legislative power that a US president does.
Without the backing of a majority of their own party's MPs, a UK prime minister really can't do very much at all.

Boris Johnson's conservative party had a huge majority of like 80 MPs in the last election of 2019, and Boris was supposed to serve as prime minister until the year 2024. This year a majority of his party's MPS suddenly had a brainfart and decided he had to go and withdrew parliamentary support...no big voting or impeachment necessary. There's no way you can throw out an elected US president that easily.

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
When Truss had the affair with her older male mentor, at least the mentor’s wife had the good sense to divorce him afterwards. Truss’ husband did not have any such good sense.

Call me a nitpicker, but when you inflate a mediocre, quota-filling female politician’s ego by letting her cuckold you without consequence, I’d say that translates into her thinking she can get away with totally asinine “policy” when it comes to the “hypothetical” use of nuclear weapons.

Some hyperbole on my part, yes, but there’s close to zero accountability for women in both their relationships and their “professional” lives. Accountability deficits in one area definitely flow into others.

The most disappointing part of this story is that in England, an aging 4-5/10 butterface can still cheat her husband...

Belgrano

Hummingbird
Gold Member
That wasn't even the most amusing quote of Liz Truss in the news this week, my favorite is this one:

Liz Truss says ‘jury’s out’ on whether Macron is ‘friend or foe’

Liz Truss has been accused of a “woeful” lack of judgement and risking harm to diplomatic relations with France after she said the “jury’s out” on president Emmanuel Macron.

The foreign secretary told Tory members at a leadership hustings in Norwich on Thursday that she was undecided as to whether her counterpart in Paris was “friend or foe”.

A number of issues have affected the UK and France in recent months, including boat crossings in the Channel and travel chaos at Dover, which Truss blamed on the French authorities.

Truss and her rival candidate Rishi Sunak were asked a series of quickfire questions, including their views on Macron, at the hustings.

TalkTV’s Julia Hartley-Brewer, hosting the event, asked Truss: “President Macron, friend or foe?”

“The jury’s out,” she responded to loud applause from Tory members. Truss then added: “But if I become prime minister, I would judge him on deeds, not words.”

Labour’s David Lammy, the shadow foreign secretary, said the Macron comments showed a “woeful lack of judgement” by insulting a close ally.

“At a time when the West must stay united in the face of Russian attempts to divide us, the fact the foreign secretary has chosen to needlessly insult one of our closest allies shows a terrible and worrying lack of judgement,” he said.

Former Tory minister and peer Gavin Barwell tweeted: “You would have thought the Foreign Secretary was aware we are in a military alliance with France”.

Commentators referred to her remarks “lamentable” and “weapons-grade idiocy”, with the Times columnist Hugo Rifkind tweeting: “You look at this and you think, ‘How could somebody who says this ever be PM?’ And then you remember she’s already foreign secretary.”

Last edited:

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Lots of things, but technology imparticular has created an insidious effect that detaches people from reality. Drone strikes, online dating, pressing a button, remote work, female online attention and ego boosting, the list goes on.

Truth and reality are being distorted.

Now it's literally affecting the world stage. You have this woman, who mind you is followed around by an entourage ready to take insta publicity pics for her, telling us she's ready to make a decision on using nukes.

And of course they all clap, cause she's a strong (ha) woman and they have to.

I desire peace, however if a massive war was ever to break out, I hope the fight is taken right to these leaders and the reality and brutality of it put right in their faces. It's the only way to stop their delusions.

We might be firing at the push of a button but the weapons we have today are far faster, deadlier and more destructive than ever. The likelihood of conventional warfare raining down on European and British urban areas is a lot higher than at the worse part of WW2 thanks to such technological gains.

We wouldn't need nuclear weapons to throw a developed country into choas. Simply targeting the power grid, telecoms, government infrastructure, military apparatus and intelligence assets would cause so much damage. Take out the undersea cables, destroy the channel tunnel. Hit food depots and water purification plants.

I could create a list right now simply by using google maps and my own knowledge. I'd hazard a guess the Russians have a similar list of targets they could use.

Yeagerist

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen

Call me a nitpicker, but when you inflate a mediocre, quota-filling female politician’s ego by letting her cuckold you without consequence, I’d say that translates into her thinking she get away with totally asinine “policy” when it comes to the hypothetical use of nuclear weapons.
Sanna Marin's been following in Loony Liz's footsteps, I see

The UK prime minister does not even have even a fraction of the executive or legislative power that a US president does.
Without the backing of a majority of their own party's MPs, a UK prime minister really can't do very much at all.

Boris Johnson's conservative party had a huge majority of like 80 MPs in the last election of 2019, and Boris was supposed to serve as prime minister until the year 2024. This year a majority of his party's MPS suddenly had a brainfart and decided he had to go and withdrew parliamentary support...no big voting or impeachment necessary. There's no way you can throw out an elected US president that easily.
Well the POTUS has to be elected by the people's votes nationwide (albeit indirectly via the Electoral College) whereas the British Prime Minister is also a member of Parliament himself or herself, and requires that their party maintain the majority per election to retain the office. The UK system would allow for a more fluid and efficient change of administration, if not for the fact that the British people somehow keep voting Tory for a decade now despite their blunders.

Truss or that Indian guy will have to keep on the course determined by their party, and the only way to reverse this trend is for Labour to somehow integrate populism and anti-globalism into their social-welfare platforms

Yeagerist

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
Two US warships sail through Taiwan strait

This is definitely a metric of an escalation to WW3. The US is so desperate to goad China into taking the bait, it hurts.

All that this provocation guaranteed is that Tsai Ing-wen's party will fall out of favor in whenever the next Taiwanese election happens. The Taiwanese people must be scared out of their wits in the present.