Silver Squeeze?

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
A very bullish comprehensive professional breakdown. To the Moon!

There are 7 banks trying to push it down to keep the FIAT paper currency in check.

Industry that relies on Silver for their products could jump in and buy physical inventory to control costs and manage risk, rather than buying as they need it. These big players could drive the price up.

JP Morgan is the Custodian for SLV , SIVR, they pushed the price down in March and are loaded up. The price has been pushed down for so long that it could blow up.

Last edited:

Pelern

Sparrow
Still not a lot of Silver where I am. When I went in all they had was a 10 Oz bar, 3 Maple Leafs, a 1 1/2 OZ Polar(Canadian mint) and a 2 OZ Britannia(British Mint).

I picked up the 3 Maples.

Edit : I paid $125 Canadian for the three Maples. Right now spot is $34.77 CAD.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
62dda78de40b5176.png

Link source to above screenshot.

5e8e60b81d9a36b5.png

ddb86adfed884193.jpg

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Friendly reminder to buy the physical or PSLV.

Paper Silver ETF SIVR made an update to their prospectus, similar to the SLV update from the other day.

The below quote is the update to page 6 of the prospectus... Why would the purchase of Silver harm large banks and hedge funds.

Prospectus SIVR

As of the date of this prospectus, an online campaign intended to harm hedge funds and large banks is encouraging retail investors to purchase silver and shares of Silver ETPs to intentionally increase prices. This activity may result in temporarily high prices of silver.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Guys....they shut down trading in a stupid video game retailer to save their asses. You really think they’re going to let you mess with silver?

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Guys....they shut down trading in a stupid video game retailer to save their asses. You really think they’re going to let you mess with silver?

First of all - this isn't a wall street bets thing, they are just giving silver bugs a little extra push, and making it a more popular thing.

Secondly - there is a difference between stacking physical silver, and using a free app owned by hedge funds.

I personally know multiple people who have recently purchased physical. As an STORE OF VALUE.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
First of all - this isn't a wall street bets thing, they are just giving silver bugs a little extra push, and making it a more popular thing.

Secondly - there is a difference between stacking physical silver, and using a free app owned by hedge funds.

I personally know multiple people who have recently purchased physical. As an STORE OF VALUE.

Doesn’t matter if it’s physical as the value is still dictated by the market price. Doesn’t change the message in what I said....

You wanna invest in silver go for it nothing wrong with that, the rest of it is just pumping.

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
Fun story: a bullion dealer once told me that a customer of his bought several 100oz bars of silver, painted them black, and used them as doorstops around the house. The guy got robbed and had jewelry and other stuff stolen, but not a single bar of silver was taken.

Sneak 100
Because hidden in plain view strategy actually works.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Doesn’t matter if it’s physical as the value is still dictated by the market price. Doesn’t change the message in what I said....

You wanna invest in silver go for it nothing wrong with that, the rest of it is just pumping.

It's ok to be a doubter.

Sure. Pumping Silver Dumping Paper Money. It's a trend. Bitcoin is a trend and a buzz, and is currently priced very high. Is that a function of people pumping it? Or intrinsic value?

People are moving to hard assets like Real Estate prices whjich up vs. the devalued FIAT Currency. Overall, rise in commodities across the board is an example of this.

Gamestop is at $43 today, it was between $4-5 this summer. So while the exuberance might have ran buckwild and many late comers lost, the point is it's up 1000% from last summer.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Well you previously said this isn't about wallstreetbets and now you're trying to make the comparison.

I actually didn't say anything about those things, I said it doesn't matter if it's physical as the price is still dictating by the market. Nothing wrong with investing in silver to protect against currency devaluation but the title of this thread is "silver squeeze" which isn't going to happen.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Well you previously said this isn't about wallstreetbets and now you're trying to make the comparison.

I actually didn't say anything about those things, I said it doesn't matter if it's physical as the price is still dictating by the market. Nothing wrong with investing in silver to protect against currency devaluation but the title of this thread is "silver squeeze" which isn't going to happen

SIVR, and SLV are currently down today, PSLV is up.

SLV/SIVR is paper based, PSLV physically has the silver. I aas wondering how you could explain how the control of market via SLV & JP Morgan paper market is pushing the price of PSLV up today?

Also, oil is an example of a controlled market, did you notice it went to price negative last summer ? This is the opposite of a squeeze, but shows this type of thing can happen in big markets.

Last edited:

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
SIVR, and SLV are currently down today, PSLV is up.

SLV/SIVR is paper based, PSLV physically has the silver. I aas wondering how you could explain how the control of market via SLV & JP Morgan paper market is pushing the price of PSLV up today?

Also, oil is an example of a controlled market, did you notice it went to price negative last summer ? This is the opposite of a squeeze, but shows this type of thing can happen in big markets.

You're asking me to make sense of todays stock market? Really?

Have at it my friend, I own lots of physical silver I've been collecting every silver coin that wandered into my family's businesses since I was a little kid I have old banker canvas bags full of them.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich

Have at it my friend, I own lots of physical silver I've been collecting every silver coin that wandered into my family's businesses since I was a little kid I have old banker canvas bags full of them.

All I'm saying is there a separation of physical and paper price. If you want to come into the thread and tell everyone it's bullocks, then you should say more than "it's all fixed".

bucky

Ostrich

That's how I feel. I love old silver coins. I like the musical clink-clank sound they make, and Walker halves are just beautiful to look at. Seems likely that they'll hold their value better than USD with all that's going on.

I'd love it too if I could pay off my mortgage soon with them when this silver squeeze finally kicks in, but I put the likelihood right around the chance that Vox Day is right about Q and Trump is going to seize power and usher in a golden age any day now.

It sure would be awesome to be proven wrong on either of those points. That would easily be the tastiest crow I've ever eaten.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
All I'm saying is there a separation of physical and paper price. If you want to come into the thread and tell everyone it's bullocks, then you should say more than "it's all fixed".

Brother I don't think it's bullocks to be skeptical of the powers at be to allow anything close to a silver squeeze to actually happen considering their actions thus far. If you think silver prices are going to rise because of people protecting themselves against inflation which is a huge factor right now then yes I agree but it doesn't go any further than that.

MRAll134

Pelican
Still not a lot of Silver where I am. When I went in all they had was a 10 Oz bar, 3 Maple Leafs, a 1 1/2 OZ Polar(Canadian mint) and a 2 OZ Britannia(British Mint).

I picked up the 3 Maples.

Edit : I paid $125 Canadian for the three Maples. Right now spot is $34.77 CAD.
Maple leafs are a good starting point. But, after you get around 20-25, you should start looking for rarer ones (numismatic) - say less than 25k mintage. If you are in a rural area, look online. I can direct you to a good Cdn. retailer online if you PM me.

bucky

Ostrich
Maple leafs are a good starting point. But, after you get around 20-25, you should start looking for rarer ones (numismatic) - say less than 25k mintage. If you are in a rural area, look online. I can direct you to a good Cdn. retailer online if you PM me.
Do you think going for coins with numismatic value is really a good idea if you're just trying to own silver? I had someone ask me about buying silver dollars recently and suggested just going for circulated 1964 dimes and quarters because they have the lowest mark up (here in the US silver dollars go for almost twice the melt value). I like coins and will pay extra for something that is cool or interesting sometimes, but if you just want to invest in silver I'd say go for the most common items possible. Not sure what the equivalent of a 1964 dime or quarter would be in Canada as far as silver content, but I'd say go with that or the most common bullion if you prefer bullion and just want to own silver.