Silver Squeeze?

Hypno

Crow
On the Gold to silver ratio, the ratio at which silver occurs in the earth's crust is estimated at 15-17 times as much as gold.

In Roman times, the GSR was 10-12 times. But since the Renaissance its mostly been in the 15-16 range.

When the U.S. was founded, the Coinage Act of 1792 set the ratio at 15-1. About a decade later, France set the ratio at 15.5 to 1, so you could profit by exporting American silver to buy French gold.

In the Coinage Act of 1873, the government abolished the right of holders of silver bullion to have their metal struck into fully legal tender dollar coins, it ended bimetallism in the United States, placing the nation firmly on the gold standard. After this, the GSR increased substantially.

The dollar was still defined as 1/20th of an ounce; or said differently, an ounce of gold was set at $20. In 1933, FDR confiscated all gold at the rate of $20/oz, made it illegal for Americans to own gold, and then devalued the dollar relative to gold to $35 an ounce. Thereafter, especially after WWII, the Western powers (The London Gold Pool) manipulated the price of the dollar and gold to keep it at $35. Keep in mind that foreigners could convert dollars or Treasuries to gold at $35 an ounce and France under DeGaulle began doing this. Eventually, under Nixon, the U.S. in August 1971 Nixon "temporariliy" ended the convertability of dollars into gold (some would call this a debt default). In less than a decade, gold had reached $800 an ounce and silver $50. But silver's short time at that level was the low point of the GSR in the last 100 years.

MRAll134

Kingfisher
Just for fun, you can look at the copper index here. Notice how the metal continues a slow upward trend, over the 1 year mark? This is how metals should increase, without market manipulation:

typtre

Robin
If SPOT price is manipulated by paper, buying gold now (6% premium) is a better alternative than silver. If you have to pay 50% premium to get your physical silver, you'll start way behind to catch up.
Well, silver has way more upside than gold, so it depends on your goals.
In my opinion, you should buy both, but for different reasons.
Silver to make money. Gold to preserve purchasing power.

typtre

Robin
1g4in7h-EwJHCFvWEAIybw7.png

Silver looks slightly manipulated...

Hypno

Crow
ScotiaBank Exits the Paper Silver Market. It's a big move.

Scotia has taken physical possession of their silver, or simply exited their position for cash.

Just a wild guess on my part, but probably they got into hock with someone and had to just give them the keys.

If you're into precious metals, you need to be subbed to r/wallstreetsilver. The content itself is garbage tier memery, but they've gotten the attention of several bullion dealers who have not only been donating significant sums to their billboard marketing campaign, but also with deals specific to WSS subscribers. Last night I scored some generics for $29.99 and before that I got a free 1oz for signing up for Kinesis.

I can't find the threads anymore but I will try to remember to share any more I find in this thread with y'all. I'm working 70hrs a week tho so any help is appreciated.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
In my mind, the silver squeeze has really become less of an issue. Really the paper silver market being tight is a short term phenomena. We don't need a squeeze, the currency issues that will come with the great reset and move to a digital global currency will decimate the USD.

I feel so safe in my silver. Banksters have all kinds of tricks up their sleeves that I don't trust.

I enjoyed this video today. A common guy who is a coin dealer breaks it down in a very understandable way. He also ties your silver investment into a possible explosion, less due to the squeeze, but more due to hyperinflation.

bucky

Ostrich
In my mind, the silver squeeze has really become less of an issue. Really the paper silver market being tight is a short term phenomena. We don't need a squeeze, the currency issues that will come with the great reset and move to a digital global currency will decimate the USD.

I feel so safe in my silver. Banksters have all kinds of tricks up their sleeves that I don't trust.

I enjoyed this video today. A common guy who is a coin dealer breaks it down in a very understandable way. He also ties your silver investment into a possible explosion, less due to the squeeze, but more due to hyperinflation.

Good video. One thing I thought of, if physical silver prices were to reach the insane heights the dealer here expects and demand for silver were to become as intense as he describes, don't you think a 1933-style government confiscation would be guaranteed? Seems that way to me. It would probably be accompanied with a narrative about how silver is racist or emblematic of white privilege or something like that.

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker
Rumours at present, but apparently the Perth Mint can't provide its customers delivery on the silver they hold in vaults.

If true, then this is scandalous.

If COMEX is broke, the banksters, in league with government, will commit fraud to keep the system going.

EDIT. Just goes to show that if you don't hold it, you don't own it.

You might want to consider that PSLV silver, which is held in Royal Canadian Mint vaults.

Last edited: