Single women in their 30s/40s are starting to realize they will die alone

Ya I guess you're right, us older guys can't relate to a bunch of Debbie Downers who want to live in an echo chamber of depressing cry babies who reinforce each other's warped opinions of the state of modern women. I've met too many young guys in the 18-30 demographic who are successful in life to share your negative outlook, I've helped many of them get high paying jobs in the oil industry over the past eight years, a few of them even married, bought houses and had kids but I guess they're just going to get divorced raped anyway so what's the point eh?
Check the statistics. Young people these days have more debt, own less property, have less spendable income, are less likely to be in a long term relationship, get married less, have less children, have less sex, are making more hours than their parents, are more educated, are supposed to work more years during their lifetimes, are paying way more for education/healthcare/pension system etc. etc.

If you want to brush those facts aside and act the positivity guru be my guest.

Goodness me. Of course young people that are successful will be more positive about life. You got any more nuggets of wisdom to share?

You don't get it. It's not about the banker that makes 100k a year. It's not about the oilsand dude hitting the jackpot. It's about the average Joe that cannot compete anymore and is being f-ed over left and right.

Average being the keyword here

If average is not enough be above-average is what you are saying. And then when that standard is raised again you need to be above-above average. You see where that leads? How many years of education are necessary these days to get an entry level position? What are the demands on the dating market? How many jobs do you need to work to be able to even think of getting a house?

I guess the message that you want to convey is that you made it. Good for you bro, you've earned it. But why are you kicking at those you deem below you?

As for the personal insults: pathetic. You are 38 years old and are getting hyped up because someone has a different opinion on the internet. Get a grip

PS. I own my own property and have a family with two children and a third one on the way. You need to learn how to look beyond your own nose and beyond someone's position in society

scotian

Crow
Gold Member
Check the statistics. Young people these days have more debt, own less property, have less spendable income, are less likely to be in a long term relationship, get married less, have less children, have less sex, are making more hours than their parents, are more educated, are supposed to work more years during their lifetimes, are paying way more for education/healthcare/pension system etc. etc.

Goodness me. Of course young people that are successful will be more positive about life. You got any more nuggets of wisdom to share?

You don't get it. It's not about the banker that makes 100k a year. It's not about the oilsand dude hitting the jackpot. It's about the average Joe that cannot compete anymore and is being f-ed over left and right.

If average is not enough be above-average is what you are saying. And then when that standard is raised again you need to be above-above average. You see where that leads? How many years of education are necessary these days to get an entry level position? What are the demands on the dating market? How many jobs do you need to work to be able to even think of getting a house?

I guess the message that you want to convey is that you made it. Good for you bro, you've earned it. But why are you kicking at those you deem below you?

As for the personal insults: pathetic. You are 38 years old and are getting hyped up because someone has a different opinion on the internet. Get a grip

PS. I own my own property and have a family with two children and a third one on the way. You need to learn how to look beyond your own nose and beyond someone's position in society
Perhaps it's different in Europe but over here in North America, pre-Covid, the job market has been pretty good especially in the US and certain sectors of the economy are crying for workers (especially blue collar trades) but they can't find young people who want to get their hands dirty. These are great jobs for "average people" and don't require a university degree, as for housing, yes it's expensive in certain cities like Toronto,Vancouver, NYC or San Francisco but young people can move to less populated areas with solid economies where housing is more affordable. These days interest rates are very low, I just re-negotiated my mortgage at 2.28%, my father paid something crazy like 18% in the early 80s.

Sure, the Boomer generation had it easier than us in some ways but that was an historical anomaly, how about the lives of their parents or farther back?

I haven't made any personal insults and am not kicking people below me, I'm warning guys not to buy into all of the negativity on here, I've been around here for awhile dude and I've met guys who are depressed because of reading all this negativity on the internet (no jobs, women are sluts, immigrants are taking over, the JOOOOS, etc), it's not healthy.

Last edited:

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Perhaps it's different in Europe but over here in North America, pre-Covid, the job market has been pretty good especially in the US and certain sectors of the economy are crying for workers (especially blue collar trades) but they can't find young people who want to get their hands dirty.
I suspect it's less a matter of not wanting to get their hands dirty and more likely that they're simply afraid they wont meet even the lowest criteria for masculinity to fit in with the blue collar crowd.

Most young men have been raised on video games and large amount of those have no father figure in their lives. They're technically capable of doing entry level roughneck work but they're justifiably scared crapless that they're going to wash out in shame in the first week because they're just not strong enough or can't reciprocate shit-talk or whatever.

I had a friend who was a prototypical nerd. His father was in the oil industry and basically tossed him on a rig for 6 months like it was a gulag. He was barely recognizable when he got back except for the glasses. Jacked and sweating testosterone. But make no mistake he never would have opted to take that path on his own. If you don't grow up in that environment it's a very intimidating prospect to break into it.

Perhaps it's different in Europe but over here in North America, pre-Covid, the job market has been pretty good especially in the US and certain sectors of the economy are crying for workers (especially blue collar trades) but they can't find young people who want to get their hands dirty. These are great jobs for "average people" and don't require a university degree, as for housing, yes it's expensive in certain cities like Toronto,Vancouver, NYC or San Francisco but young people can move to less populated areas with solid economies where housing is more affordable. These days interest rates are very low, I just re-negotiated my mortgage at 2.28%, my father paid something crazy like 18% in the early 80s.

Sure, the Boomer generation had it easier than us in some ways but that was a historical anomaly, how about the lives of their parents or farther back?

I haven't made any personal insults and am not kicking people below me, I'm warning guys not to buy into all of the negativity on here, I've been around here for awhile dude and I've met guys who are depressed because of reading all this negativity on the internet (no jobs, women are sluts, immigrants are taking over, the JOOOOS, etc), it's not healthy.
Understood. Lots of the internet culture is pretty toxic and should only be consumed moderately.

The housing market is the biggest problem the younger generation in NL faces. To give you an idea: according to Eurostats/CPB the average income (all ages) for a working male/female is around 2800 EU gross per month/ 2150 EU net per month.

The average price for real estate (all units) topped 320k EU before Covid19 came about.

Bottom of the barrel apartments start at 110k. Those are small, older, poorly maintained apartments in peripheral provinces, basically always in or near crime ridden areas. For most people it ain't an option because its 80m2 and you'll be surrounded by junkies and Ahmeds. A proper house in the province, like my 40 year old parental house, goes away for 250k+. In Amsterdam you can multiply those prices by 3 or 4

In other words for many young people that weren't born with a golden spoon in their mouth it's impossible to buy. A one head household with a nice income is not enough. Banks don't loan money if you are indebted (student debts included), or if you have a temporary contract (many younger lowly skilled people work on temporary contracts these days)

The job market is not nearly as big of a problem. There are plenty of jobs, for foreigners that don't speak the language too.

The problem is that 'spendable/real income' has been decreasing for decades now. People are working to pay the bills and have some fun. Before they were working to pay the bills, pay the bills of their family, and have some fun on top of that.

The advance of modern technology, medicine, war conventions, affordable education, a system that merits skills have all been a huge blessing.

Yet one shouldn't forego to fact that people in this day and age are more miserable than ever before. I say that on the basis of the depression statistics, the suicide rates, the addiction to narcotics rates etc.

The younger generation doesn't seem to have any of it. No spirituality, no loving family and no sense of fulfillment like our grandparents had, and no materialistic gains and big nice hourses like our parents have

I talk to guys my age and some mention that they have given up on acquiring property by their own means. They are 'waiting' for their parents' inheritance. Sounds harsh, but the *average* young guy these days enjoys his life to the fullest, but is demoralised and disillusioned about the system

That's why you don't see them throwing rocks on the street. Because it wouldn't matter anyway

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
The young guys are right and the problem is, even if they are willing to go be oil roughnecks, which I need to research how really profitable this is before buying into it, the elites will close it off as they close off every potential outlet.

Roughnecks making $200k a year? Then we need to bring in more people to do the job and drop that pay to $100k a year. Then raise COL. Oh look, we have jobs "Americans are unwilling to do, we need to bring in even more people". They will do this in every field and it is endless in their pursuit. Every opportunity to stop this is squandered politically and financially.

And this will only continue to get worse every generation until the entire world is living in 3rd world conditions, which probably is not far away as quickly as things are deteriorating in the west, especially the USA.

I'm lucky to see both sides of this issue, by being both older but remaining single to experience both generations life styles and then on top of it being from a region that allows me to reach back in time even further. How amazingly great this country once was and now how depressingly weird it has become.

I am not even sure if the women realize their unhappiness is from not having a family. They have the media lying to them about how a career is a dream and a goal. They have their social media dopamine hits. They have their wine to escape. They have their endless trips around the globe to "find themselves". They have their prescription happy pills. And they have their lap dog "babies".

The brunt of this is felt by young men and it will get worse as time goes on. The question then becomes...

"Do the young men who have nothing going for them react in a revolution or do they sedate themselves and surrender?". If I had to guess, they will sedate themselves and surrender and I don't blame them one bit for it, not because I support it, but because overcoming the mountain facing them is not only huge but it isn't even in sight.

WEDO

Woodpecker
You seem to live in the past. Applying yesterday's standards on today's young guns isn't helping anyone

I will try to explain by telling an anecdote why so many 18-30 year olds seem frustrated, angry and not getting anywhere in life

And why, in my opinion, their anger and frustration is justified. Young males are NOT the problem. Society is.

My dad started working when he was 16. Didn't have any diplomas aside from a high school certificate. Bought a nice house when he was 27 Got married when he was 28. Had two kids by the age of 30. The waifu was a housewife until she turned 36/37. Every year he bought a new (second hand) car, waifu didn't have anything to say about that matter. We went on vacation once or twice a year. Education was free, and healthcare was basically free too. Saturday was football day and afterwards it was drinking beer with the boys until they dropped. People in that time officially retired at age 65, but many had arrangements that made them retire as early as 52/53.

My dad has none of the qualities men are deemed to have today. He was lowly skilled, didn't have higher education, was 5'10 tall, didn't have any social skills and walked around in his work clothes all day long because 'they were comfortable'

After he came home from work he would shove dinner in, jump onto the couch and lay there watching cheap TV shows for the remainder of the night - with his feet up high. The kids and his waifu had to share the other sofa. He wouldn't ask how we did at school, how his waifu felt, how everything was going etc. The only thing he would say was 'YOU ARE BLOCKING MY VIEW' whenever someone would walk past him

Fastfoward 20/25 years.

I got a friend who fits the physical description of my dad. Short, with an average face. He is a general practicioner living in one of the bigger cities in The Netherlands. He speaks 4 languages and is socially calibrated. He also likes to go to the gym at least 2/3 times a week

And he is an incel. He gets no play from the girls because he is short, and because everything else about him is just average

He doesn't own his own home. These days only university educated couples that pool their incomes or people that get a loan from a family member are able to buy property. That's how crazy it is. He's spending 1/3 of his doctor's income on an apartment in a quiet part of the city. 'At least I don't have to share the kitchen with strangers' he once told me. Bro, you are 30. Time to up the standards and start demanding change

Even if he'd live like a monk for the next 30 years this doctor wouldn't be able to buy the house my unskilled and uneducated dad bought 25 years ago - with 3 people being financially depended on him. A sidenote: that house is now 25 year older too.

Many others still live at home. Not because they are socially awkward mommyboys but because there is not other option. A small 700 euro apartment in a 50 000 inhabitants city whilst you are barely making 2k? No thanks

The incel thing is another insult that is hurled way too easily. I don't consider any young European men socially awkward, barring a few autists. They are more socially calibrated than their parents, have a broader range of interests, have more education under their belt, have more rhetorical skills etc.

They also spend more time in the gym. Are more fashion conscious, are taller than their parents, spend more money on dating and self improvement..

Yet my friend is an incel and my father laid on the couch farting and eating pizza from his chest for years. Walking around on the same leather slippers for 2 years +. With no fear that his wife would ever leave him. My doctor friend also has no real capital despite belonging to the top 20 percent of the population

Times have changed, things have gotten so much harder. It's too easy to be judgemental as an older person.
I have a book for you.

When you live in a culture where men are on top you start to notice the differences between the USA and Colombia and try to rationalize why....and the reasons why the relationships between men and women are so different.

And it comes down to one thing ultimately.....women in Colombia need men more than women in the USA.

The women in Colombia don't realize it because they don't have anything to compare their culture to.

But here are some of the reasons why men are on top here in Colombia.

There are no food stamps.
There isn't subsidised housing.
There isn't any WIC food subsidy for women infants and children.
No easy access to legal abortions.
(Only women that may die from pregnancy...have a deformed fetus..or are a rape victim may get a legal abortion here under the law)
Legal prostitution (helps to keep losers from cohabitating with single moms just for sex).
No student loans or Pell grants
No equal pay for equal work laws
Sexual harassment and sexual discrimination laws are not enforced
No state enforced child support.
Colombian men will as a rule not marry or cohabitate with women that have another guys children.
This last point is the most important because it is the only one reason that every American male can help change....just don't live with women that have another man's children.

I suspect it's less a matter of not wanting to get their hands dirty and more likely that they're simply afraid they wont meet even the lowest criteria for masculinity to fit in with the blue collar crowd.

Most young men have been raised on video games and large amount of those have no father figure in their lives. They're technically capable of doing entry level roughneck work but they're justifiably scared crapless that they're going to wash out in shame in the first week because they're just not strong enough or can't reciprocate shit-talk or whatever.

I had a friend who was a prototypical nerd. His father was in the oil industry and basically tossed him on a rig for 6 months like it was a gulag. He was barely recognizable when he got back except for the glasses. Jacked and sweating testosterone. But make no mistake he never would have opted to take that path on his own. If you don't grow up in that environment it's a very intimidating prospect to break into it.
I have a nephew who went through something similar. Besides being his uncle I am also his godfather. He's a smart kid did and well in school until his dad died at age 11. He was very close to his dad. Then his grandfather, his dad's father, died as well about three years later. My nephew kind of gave up on life it seemed. His grades sank like a rock and just became a bit of a shiftless teen. Most of my family interpreted this as him being lazy but I knew it was more than that. His grades got better and we talked about him moving in with me after high school, I live in Silicon Valley, so he could go to junior college. Then out of the blue he joins the Marine Corps!! I was a bit livid to be honest. I just didn't think he had it in him to be a Marine. His enlistment was even delayed by four months because he was out of shape and it didn't seem he was taking his pre-boot camp training seriously. But we had several long talks and I finally understood where he was at. He had a self realization that he had no direction, was lazy, and lacked disciple. And he was not going to change just going to college. He needed a complete make over. He was quite serious about joining the Marines and he shipped out this past January, He finished boot camp just fine and is now in his MOS training. I am very proud of him. The only advice I gave him was to get as much technical training as he possibly can, to work on the most advanced military hardware to gain that much valued hands-on technical experience.

Salinger

Woodpecker
First it was "why are women wearing more slacks than skirts" in the late 1990's.
Then it was jeans with an ass crack tattoo showing above it and you missed them at least looking presentable.
Then it was the removal of high heels in place of flip flops
Then they got bigger and bigger to the point that clothing designers had to redo much of their sizing targets when marketing products.
Then it was tattoos.
Then it was social media so they often don't even leave their house to get compliments.
I first noticed this change in the early 90s when the grunge scene took over. Skirts and dresses were replaced with jeans and flannel shirts once worn only by men. Bands like L7 only reinforced this uniform for the new brand of young women.

I remember experiencing some kind of culture shock at the time...in my own country for Christ's sake...because the early 90s were so vastly different from the 80s which I grew up in and had come to love.

Gimlet

Woodpecker

I think your age group is suffering under the weight of "equality" and that is on purpose. You have heard too many times about equality, and when you really believe it, you can't see how you can be better than your peers and excel.

If someone says a man is the fastest sprinter, fastest running back, best 3 point shooter, everyone agrees or debates by putting forth someone else just as talented. We can accept that some people are naturally gifted at sports, train all you want, you can't touch that guy. But in the name of equality, we can't say someone is naturally smarter at something. We pretend that with the right amount of training and opportunities we will be equal. That's a lie. Give me 20 years of free education and bills, I still won't be an astrophysicist. But I am great at what I do, though it has no prestige. And I am not as smart and disciplined as an astrophysicist. Oh well. Too bad for me. (I'm Gen X, perhaps it comes into play)

So when you believe in equality, you don't see how you are smarter/better/more clever. So if everyone is equal, you are all interchangable and none have anything special to offer. Again, this is on purpose. Millennials were trained from birth to view each others as NPCs and to be one too... that's the long march of communism at play.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
I first noticed this change in the early 90s when the grunge scene took over. Skirts and dresses were replaced with jeans and flannel shirts once worn only by men. Bands like L7 only reinforced this uniform for the new brand of young women.

I remember experiencing some kind of culture shock at the time...in my own country for Christ's sake...because the early 90s were so vastly different from the 80s which I grew up in and had come to love.
1994 was a year that I really noticed change in the USA. It seemed to be a very big year for it. But yes, throughout the early 1990's things got drastically worse and then after 9/11 the clown world was unfolding before us.

The difference in a TV show from 1988 and 1998 is night and day. In 1988 most women on a show or movie still dressed, talked, and behaved like a woman would. By 1998 they were beating up men 100 lbs. heavier than them, in charge, dressing like men, etc.

Salinger

Woodpecker
The difference in a TV show from 1988 and 1998 is night and day. In 1988 most women on a show or movie still dressed, talked, and behaved like a woman would. By 1998 they were beating up men 100 lbs. heavier than them, in charge, dressing like men, etc.
Totally. In 1988, TV shows still had an innocence about them: Family Ties, The Wonder Years, etc. Flash forward to 1998 and you have Sex and the City where the women on the show are sleeping with every guy in NYC and the gay agenda is already being force-fed down our throats.

Gimlet

Woodpecker
Totally. In 1988, TV shows still had an innocence about them: Family Ties, The Wonder Years, etc. Flash forward to 1998 and you have Sex and the City where the women on the show are sleeping with every guy in NYC and the gay agenda is already being force-fed down our throats.
No, in 1988 the agenda was there but still subtle compared to what you saw in the 90s. Teens in 1988 were adults in 1998. The gay agenda at least started with Soap in the 70s. And I can remember an episode on The Jeffersons pushing trannyism in the late 70s too. Trannyism as a weapon against the successful masculine black male star of the show.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
It really is a time warp to watch a show like "Dukes of Hazzard" (if you can find it any where) or "The A Team" or "Knight Rider" and see the huge gender role difference in those days. The women were smoking hot and extremely feminine.

And it is interesting to see the shift within the very same TV series if it expanded across this time frame of the 1990's. Off the top of my head is "Walker, Texas Ranger" with Chuck Norris. It is very traditional until the last season or two where there is a female ranger who is always the smartest, toughest and best ranger. She beats up 250 lbs. men with ease and never gets emotional but at the same time is always a smart ass. It really ruined the show and not long after it was off air.

Dr. Black Pill

Sparrow
Suspended
It is if you have are not married and have no dependents. The Covid-19 shutdown is ending and in a few months people will be free to go anywhere again.

The trick to living overseas is that you cannot be married or have dependents. You can live inexpensively, as I do.

When you move overseas you'd be surprised the weight that slips off your shoulders....No more whiggers degrading their European heritage with a pitiful impersonation of black street culture....no chimp outs in public places or on buses...no Cholos and their drug-related gang crime...No culture wars or purple-haired feminazis in the street...no Black Lives Matters protests...no riots because two Georgia mouthbreakers shot an unarmed man who charged them...no white trash horrors in Wal-Mart.

It all disappears overseas.

squiggly

Sparrow
It is if you have are not married and have no dependents. The Covid-19 shutdown is ending and in a few months people will be free to go anywhere again.

The trick to living overseas is that you cannot be married or have dependents. You can live inexpensively, as I do.

When you move overseas you'd be surprised the weight that slips off your shoulders....No more whiggers degrading their European heritage with a pitiful impersonation of black street culture....no chimp outs in public places or on buses...no Cholos and their drug-related gang crime...No culture wars or purple-haired feminazis in the street...no Black Lives Matters protests...no riots because two Georgia mouthbreakers shot an unarmed man who charged them...no white trash horrors in Wal-Mart.

It all disappears overseas.
What area did you move to? And do you find many like minded people where you are?

Dr. Black Pill

Sparrow
Suspended
You meet many like-minded men. Not women. In Southeast Asia you'll rarely meet a white woman. They may claim to dislike men but they cannot live without men and feel insecure due to local Asian women.

You'll never see a black woman of the ghetto variety overseas from the US. You'll never meet a Cholo. The real unpleasant white trash of the lowest order-the meth addicts or whiggers or slutty single mothers-never travel overseas. They're too uneducated, too unskilled, too poor, too entangled in the legal system, too addicted to drugs.

Mostly though, Americans overseas mind their own business. Some are running businesses and making money, others are just whore mongers (I'm not one) and a few like me simply cannot live under the strictures of the US.

All the males have one thing in common. No interest in the US or its culture or its problems.

I have not been back in the US for 13 years. Literally have not set foot there, period.

The only news I got was bad news. My brother called me once to tell me that our grandmother's condo in Detroit worth 400 K in 1986 sold for barely 1/5 of that because the formerly pleasant German-Polish neighborhood was taken over by Section 8 and became a giant crackhouse.

A few years later my brother called me to tell me he was leaving Los Angeles. He's an urban planner who lived in Orange County but still could not afford a private school and feared his daughter going to public schools with the Mexicans had trashed them. So he had to move to another state.

Not every white can move to a rural area of the US. You're actually more cut off and more backward in a rural US area than in a foreign city in Southeast Asia or Eastern Europe. I like living in cities with amenities and don't want to live in some 100 year old farmhouse with six feet of snow in the winter five miles down a dirt road from the nearest Wal Mart where there are no restaurants or ethnic cuisine. I don't like rural areas in the US and as an average working middle class white man its either that or move to another country.

I've got no attachment to Michigan. I would not live there if I were paid 10 times what a live on in SEA. Actually, Michigan became a third world country in the time I was living overseas so that now it looks worse than parts of Indian where I lived. Certainly worse than Dubai.

See, Americans are so ignorant often times that they can be made to believe that despite their squalor the ME or SEA is a "hell hole". I lived in Dubai. Believe me, its much nicer than Michigan. So is Bangkok. So is Hong Kong.

Sometime during the Bush era, the US lost its secure middle class and began to backslide into a third world country. Had you told me 20 years ago when I was living in America that it would be common to see entire white families on the street homeless, I'd have said that was impossible. After Bush was elected, the US went downhill fast.

Maybe it was military defense spending. Trillion dollar wars instead of high-speed rail or decent roads. Maybe NAFTA, because at the rate SoCal is going the Mexican cartels will be selling cocaine out of the Governor's office in 10 years.

Or perhaps it was simply Wall Street greed as wages stagnated while living costs rose.

I feel fortunate because I attended Central Michigan University with some Polish-American football players from Flint, Michigan. I knew one well named Stanley. Stanley dropped out of college his junior year to marry the Polish girl he impregnated and returned to Flint. In those days, you married a Catholic girl or ran out on her-abortion was not possible. Stanley got stuck in Flint. He did the best he could and paid off a mortgage on a modest house and got a management job. Anyhow, I contacted on social media not long ago. His house is worth nothing, his wife left him with the kid anyhow, a black guy shot him for no reason from behind in a random driveby and poisonous sludge comes out of his faucet.

I shuddered. Could have been me. I am very grateful to my college girlfriend for breaking up with me. I could have been trapped in Michigan in a house worth nothing in a bad economy sending my kids to some lousy public school where my son was introduced to crystal meth by the Mexican dealers in the eighth grade or my daughter was raped by black teen felons who were 18 and still in the eleventh grade. Scary stuff.

Luckily I got out. No debt either. I don't pay taxes. My savings are in a Hong Kong HSBC. I do nothing for the US.

Geomann180

Ostrich
Gold Member
I have a nephew who went through something similar. Besides being his uncle I am also his godfather. He's a smart kid did and well in school until his dad died at age 11. He was very close to his dad. Then his grandfather, his dad's father, died as well about three years later. My nephew kind of gave up on life it seemed. His grades sank like a rock and just became a bit of a shiftless teen. Most of my family interpreted this as him being lazy but I knew it was more than that. His grades got better and we talked about him moving in with me after high school, I live in Silicon Valley, so he could go to junior college. Then out of the blue he joins the Marine Corps!! I was a bit livid to be honest. I just didn't think he had it in him to be a Marine. His enlistment was even delayed by four months because he was out of shape and it didn't seem he was taking his pre-boot camp training seriously. But we had several long talks and I finally understood where he was at. He had a self realization that he had no direction, was lazy, and lacked disciple. And he was not going to change just going to college. He needed a complete make over. He was quite serious about joining the Marines and he shipped out this past January, He finished boot camp just fine and is now in his MOS training. I am very proud of him. The only advice I gave him was to get as much technical training as he possibly can, to work on the most advanced military hardware to gain that much valued hands-on technical experience.
Obviously you're abbreviating your conversations with him to make the point rather than write an essay.

But I recommend you tell him to avoid military girls like the plague, if he can help it. When things go wrong, those girls know all the ways to ruin your career and turn your life upside down. That is, if you haven't already.

G

STG

Sparrow
The young guys are right and the problem is, even if they are willing to go be oil roughnecks, which I need to research how really profitable this is before buying into it, the elites will close it off as they close off every potential outlet.

Roughnecks making $200k a year? Then we need to bring in more people to do the job and drop that pay to $100k a year. Then raise COL. Oh look, we have jobs "Americans are unwilling to do, we need to bring in even more people". They will do this in every field and it is endless in their pursuit. Every opportunity to stop this is squandered politically and financially.

And this will only continue to get worse every generation until the entire world is living in 3rd world conditions, which probably is not far away as quickly as things are deteriorating in the west, especially the USA.

I'm lucky to see both sides of this issue, by being both older but remaining single to experience both generations life styles and then on top of it being from a region that allows me to reach back in time even further. How amazingly great this country once was and now how depressingly weird it has become.

I am not even sure if the women realize their unhappiness is from not having a family. They have the media lying to them about how a career is a dream and a goal. They have their social media dopamine hits. They have their wine to escape. They have their endless trips around the globe to "find themselves". They have their prescription happy pills. And they have their lap dog "babies".

The brunt of this is felt by young men and it will get worse as time goes on. The question then becomes...

"Do the young men who have nothing going for them react in a revolution or do they sedate themselves and surrender?". If I had to guess, they will sedate themselves and surrender and I don't blame them one bit for it, not because I support it, but because overcoming the mountain facing them is not only huge but it isn't even in sight.
Young men do not have to do anything.

The great wheel of history is still turning.

We do not live in a static environment. Things are going to happen in this generation's lifetimes that will change things.

Pandemics happen in cycles, so do major wars....