Society Is Losing It's Connection With Objective Reality

Maybe. I think the biggest problems comes from psychiatric and recreational drugs, as well as broader cultural issues especially atheism. Drinking out of a plastic cup on a daily basis probably won't affect you if you eat well and lift.

In my post below from a previous thread about anti-androgens, it says that the USA has already started to restrict the use of anti-androgens like Bisphenol-A that can lower testosterone and thus intelligence in 2012:

Enoch

Ostrich
Not sure if MORE people are becoming detached from reality or if its just more obvious now as anyone can communicate with the world using social media and publicly demonstrate how dumbed down they are.

Let's consider all the tricks that got successfully played on Boomers.

Vietnam
War on Drugs
War on Poverty
Great Society
Food pyramid
Vaccines
Circumcision
Operation Enduring Freedom (truly dystopian)
Debt - mortgage/ car/ credit card/ on and on

Not taking into account more controversial things such as

9/11
JFK
Moon Landing

Last edited:

ilostabet

Pelican
The very idea of 'objective reality' is already a departure from Truth, and it's the overall achievement of Modernity. It only works for making machines (which are purely objective), but it destroys any possibility of understanding anything - and thus gives rise to all aberration.

Material reality (which is termed now 'objective') is actually SUBJECT to a higher, non-material order - but modern man does not recognize this. He believes it is truly objective - impersonal, unconnected, to be taken in itself (of the 'object'). But because this material reality is not SUBJECT to spiritual reality, it is meaningless. And if it is meaningless, then it is also not objective - the object starts as the only thing, and becomes irrelevant in the end.

This is why we can have both the belief in 'human gender' (and in the ability to change it) and advanced surgery techniques to attempt to bring that unreality about, to use one example.

The Truth is that reality is both objective and subjective, we simply have lost any idea of what those words mean because of our focus on 'objectivity'.

WarMachine

Sparrow
The problem is we are studied by thousands of scientists each day which is their job to do so.

This is why through language, images and colour, they are able to augment the reality of people, supply information so they don't have to think, instant gratification so people don't have to be motivated and earn things and drip feed lifestyle "ideas" through the media outlets

All this makes humans the most domesticated species on earth. No questioning, compliant, easy to scare, overthinking, oversexed and effeminate. Ideas are infectious, and they understand that pathogentic ideas constantly fed means that humans become a "hive" and think in a "swarm"

Therefore, objective reality has no room to exist.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
Not sure if MORE people are becoming detached from reality or if its just more obvious now as anyone can communicate with the world using social media and publicly demonstrate how dumbed down they are.

Vietnam
War on Drugs
War on Poverty
Great Society
Food pyramid
Vaccines
Circumcision

9/11
JFK
Moon Landing
Don't forget the final trick: Operation Covid-19. Basically a boomer eugenics program.

A generation ago, up until the late 1980's at least, reality was mainly what people experienced. Only some people watched the nightly news, and the only news on TV was on one of the three networks: 1/2 hour for national news, and 1/2 hour for local news. That was it. And/or they read the local newspaper, and/or the got a monthly or bi-monthly news magazine. Everyone knew that some of them were biased and had to be taken with a grain of salt, and some of them at least tried to give the appearance of being balanced.

CNN came along and had a 24 hour news channel, then added the Head Line News channel. The first time we had 24/7 electronic news. 1992 was a turning point, as it looked to be a sure thing that George H W Bush would be reelected (16 years of Republican Presidents!), then a mild recession hit. No serious Democrat was even running that year, other than a few nobodies who wanted to get their name out there by doing trial runs. The media became extraordinarily biased, and we ended up with the Clinton Crime Family after Perot split the vote. Clinton would not, I think, have been nominated had serious Democrats ran that year. That was when people clamored for alternate news sources and talk radio (i.e., Rush) became popular, and FoxNews came into being four years later. The point is, in 1992 the media we had took a sharp turn left.

Then the internet hit. I think that what we have now, is some strange merging of the reality shows (actually scripted, but supposedly with real people that viewers would resonate with) that hit in the early 2000's, with a now overtly partisan media, with the 24/7 internet, smart phones, and social media. People think that if they do not keep up with the news every hour or two, that they are not doing their civic duty or something like that. Politics has become the new religion. The news cycle, poured out 24/7 into portable propaganda receivers every one carries around all the time (for the bargain price of $100 a month!), put out by the oligarchs who control the media, is the new reality.

As an example, I remember when I lived in Kentucky a co-worker who scoffed at the idea that Trump could bring back coal mining jobs--all while he drove past a bill board every day that started advertising coal mining jobs for a local mine. That is a perfect example of total detachment of reality. Who is he going to believe, what his smart phone crams down his throat, or his lying eyes? He believed his smart phone.

People have said that when something is badly abused long enough, God takes it away. Expect smart phones and the internet to go away at some point. And good riddance.

The thread title sums up the Washington D.C NG/Fed/State police surge situation perfectly.

They are going to be kept there till at least the end of 2021. Some bad things are coming down the line and they want that area to be locked down.
Yes, some very, very bad things are on the way. My wife, who btw is the stereotypical blonde, knows this as well, she has told me that before the end of the year we are all going to face some serious danger. Right now they are "words" being spoken openly, take note, this is their heart speaking and it will lead to actions soon enough.

Vietnam
War on Drugs
War on Poverty
Great Society
Food pyramid
Vaccines
Circumcision

9/11
JFK
Moon Landing
I have an idea about the circumcision thing. I believe it is an act of ownership over a slave nation. Just a thought but in view of occult teachings it makes a lot of sense.

Pantheon

Pigeon
The very idea of 'objective reality' is already a departure from Truth, and it's the overall achievement of Modernity. It only works for making machines (which are purely objective), but it destroys any possibility of understanding anything - and thus gives rise to all aberration.

Material reality (which is termed now 'objective') is actually SUBJECT to a higher, non-material order - but modern man does not recognize this. He believes it is truly objective - impersonal, unconnected, to be taken in itself (of the 'object'). But because this material reality is not SUBJECT to spiritual reality, it is meaningless. And if it is meaningless, then it is also not objective - the object starts as the only thing, and becomes irrelevant in the end.

This is why we can have both the belief in 'human gender' (and in the ability to change it) and advanced surgery techniques to attempt to bring that unreality about, to use one example.

The Truth is that reality is both objective and subjective, we simply have lost any idea of what those words mean because of our focus on 'objectivity'.

With my amateurish interest in the history of ideas, I attribute this problem to three causal factors:

1. Cartesian rationalism and the split between mind and matter.
2. British empiricism - rendering sensory qualities as "secondary" and abstract objective quantities as "primary".
3. Kantianism - positing that the objective world can't be known "in itself".

In my opinion, this is the toxic brew of modernity. Plato and Aristotle had provided a spiritual continuum between the world of eternal "ideas" or principles to the manifest world of material forms. Cartesianism severed this connection by introducing a mind/matter dualism. This led to a form of disembodied "mind-consciousness" which became inimical to nature, and spawned the rigid "sola fide" mentality of Protestantism.

After this came the British empiricists (Locke, Hume, Berkeley) who flipped the switch and said that the world is empty mechanical space and knowledge only comes from the outside. Kant drove this further in emphasizing that our senses are "arbitrary" and we can therefore never really know anything about the world in "itself".

Materialism seems to be the final "remedy" to this dualistic strife between mind and matter, positing that only matter exists. Thus, man as a subject might not even exist at all, all the while the scientific "eye" seeks to gain an ever more "objective" view of reality.

FourMarks

Pigeon
Classic sermon! One of my favorites!!!
This question is something I’ve thought about pretty frequently, especially in progressing with my faith in God. I think about the problem with sort of a basic math analogy:

In math, there are immutable truths/laws that form the foundation of the whole structure. These must be accepted or else nothing makes any sense or has any useful application. 1 + 1 = 2, with no exceptions. If you accept the premise that sometimes 1 + 1 = 3, then you’ve lost the whole plot. If that can be true, there isn’t any reason the answer can’t be 5 or 500, or anything else you decide.

God’s morality is no different. The Word is the truth and Christ is the cornerstone, the fundamental building block. I think E. Michael Jones calls it logos. If that is dismissed, you lose your grip on reality.

Take sexuality. If you divorce sex from reproduction and instead tie it solely to pleasure, you get promiscuity without reproduction. 1+1 now equals 3. If sex is solely for pleasure, why limit it to just a man with a woman? If 1+1 can be 3, there isn’t any reason it can’t be 4. And if a man can fulfill the role of a woman in sex, why then can’t he just become a woman for all intents and purposes? The same goes for abortion, the value of life, etc.

If you can accept the lie that 1+1 = 3, you don’t have a basis to object to it being 253. Even though one is closer to the truth, they’re both equally wrong. If you apply that math to reality, both answers will get your plane crashed or collapse your bridge, it just depends on how quickly. If you apply that morality to society, you’ll get the same results. People have rejected the most fundamental truth and the cornerstone of reality. The rest of it will just keep unraveling by itself like that loose string on a sweater.
2+2=5, by Most Reverend Donald J. Sanborn

The Solution, by Rev. Anthony Cekada (RIP)

I think we've lost our connection with objective reality for at least 60 years, since all the freedom revolutions were rolled out at such a pace. Moreover, losing our connection with objective reality is losing our reality with God, for if we base our life on God and his will we have objective reality. However, when God is disbanded anything goes, as Dostojevski said... I do have to say that since the cojona hoax and just a couple years before that I really start to feel that 2+2=5 is becoming increasingly the standard in society as we rush towards a cliff of utter subjectiveness, nihilism and darkness. It's up to us to defend the 2+2=4, but I even doubt myself sometimes when I read stuff that is so inverted that is has like 3 or 4 layers of inversion within it do decypher before you can see the 2+2=4 in it.

Gazza

Sparrow
The Mind

Drug use is a pretty good demonstration of this disconnect from reality. Anybody who has ever been a drug addict or at least has had friends and family who have been addicts know full well that one of the primary purposes of drug use is to escape from reality.

Drug use can create false emotions—the addict can experience what he perceives to be, for example, love, happiness, and euphoria by ingesting various chemicals. But these emotions are in fact just simulacrums of the real emotions that one obtains from real world experiences such as bonding with your father, playing with your children, or being with your wife.

Drug use can also create false experiences through hallucinations. One can ingest a hallucinogen and interact with people or objects that don’t exist, or have visions of places that one has never been to. This replaces real interactions with real people and places that exist outside of one’s individual mind.

Relationships with other people are fundamental to the human mind, after all we are mentally (as well as physically) social creatures. We naturally seek approval from others for our actions and beliefs. Do “likes” constitute real interactions or are they “unreal” interactions? A “like” is often just a few pixels on a screen that people will give as a blind reaction to some fleeting thing you say on Facebook. That may not be a real “approval” in the sense that the other person has actually thought about what you said or did, or has had a distinct emotional reaction to what you said or did. Likewise, a Facebook friend isn’t a real “friend” in the sense that you both have some kind of positive interaction, or even any kind of interaction beyond a few more pixels on a screen.
I was gonna hit the like button...........

MilvianForce

Sparrow
I just started watching Black Mirror and holy crap, everything there is a loss with objective reality. People have developed the need for instant gratification, quick results and have succumbed to their vices and the deadly sins. It's going to be a very sad world in the coming future, that's all I can say.

Many good points in this thread. I use to go out of my way to provide objective, logical non bias information to individuals who were confused but not any more. They just throw it in your face if it does not run parallel to what the mass media is stating and begin to ostracize you for it. It's best to keep your thoughts to yourself and let people come to you if they need help, especially paradigm shifts in thought proceses and percpetion of the world around them.