Southern Baptist president calls for members to declare: ‘Black lives matter’

Godward

Robin
Jonah 2:9 Salvation is of the LORD
Yes, “all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is His Body”. Christ saves those who are in Him. Christ and the Church are thus not opposed to each other, for they are espoused in marriage.

M_M

Pigeon
Yes, “all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is His Body”. Christ saves those who are in Him. Christ and the Church are thus not opposed to each other, for they are espoused in marriage.
I agree but you said Extra Ecclesiam nulls salus. Meaning salvation is not found outside the Church. This is untrue. I was saved outside of any church. I read scripture. All it takes for salvation is the gospel and God quickening someone. And if I’m not a sufficient example, then Paul would be. He was saved outside of the church. I think with that quote you are placing the emphasis on the church when the emphasis should be placed on the LORD when it comes to salvation.

I did the same earlier this year, and for similar reasons.

What really made me pull the trigger on leaving SBC was their beliefs on Israel........

Ain't it the truth. Wanna die of alcohol poisoning in an expedient manner? Simply play a drinking game with one simple rule: "Take a shot for every time Geneses 12:3 is quoted out of context to eisegetically support Zionism."

Uponthisrock

Sparrow
Bro you kidding me? You obviously have never set foot in an Eastern Orthodox church. That's about as based as you can get. Nothing more 'manly' than comporting yourself in a dignified manner before the throne of God in a liturgical service.

Protestantism oozes the feminist spirit with their constant church splits, power struggles, and god awful tacky 'new age' church services. Good luck with that bro while ya'll will soon be waving the rainbow flag of surrender. I'll stick with the faith of the apostles and church fathers.
As a Protestant, I found this to be hilarious.
It's fair criticism.

Uponthisrock

Sparrow
I may have said this somewhere on the forum before and it's likely I will say it again.
We are called to go out into the world and preach the good news of Jesus Christ and make disciples.
We are not called to bring the world into the church with us.
Most Christians are believers not disciples.
Believers fall to this CRT/BLM nonsense.
The disciple understands who has the balance of power. The disciple brings God to the people and won't take from the world. If the world doesn't listen the disciple shakes the dust from his shoes and condemns the world before God.
It's sad this is happening to the southern baptists, but this will happen to any group that won't build up disciples.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
I may have said this somewhere on the forum before and it's likely I will say it again.
We are called to go out into the world and preach the good news of Jesus Christ and make disciples.
We are not called to bring the world into the church with us.
Most Christians are believers not disciples.
Believers fall to this CRT/BLM nonsense.
The disciple understands who has the balance of power. The disciple brings God to the people and won't take from the world. If the world doesn't listen the disciple shakes the dust from his shoes and condemns the world before God.
It's sad this is happening to the southern baptists, but this will happen to any group that won't build up disciples.
Do you think it has anything to do with money....

Woke money for a woke church

It seems to me that going woke like this is an act of desperation in order to try to stay "relevant". I would bet members--those who are in the world but not of it--could see the writing on the wall a long time ago.

How are Baptist attendees taking this?

I'd say they fit into one of these camps:

1. Those that have either jumped ship long ago, or this was the last straw that made them jump ship.

2. Those who are still holding out hope for a "Conservative Resurgence 2: Electric Boogaloo" and want to stay and fight in spite of the fact that things are obviously far far worse than they were back then, and hopes for a sequel are basically nil.

3. Those who are completely focused on their local congregation and day to day issues, thus completely ignorant of wider issues of the governing structure, branches and programs, and thus blissfully ignorant.

4. Those who are actual Wokies all aboard the Woke train, and cheering this on.

I'd say they fit into one of these camps:

1. Those that have either jumped ship long ago, or this was the last straw that made them jump ship.

2. Those who are still holding out hope for a "Conservative Resurgence 2: Electric Boogaloo" and want to stay and fight in spite of the fact that things are obviously far far worse than they were back then, and hopes for a sequel are basically nil.

3. Those who are completely focused on their local congregation and day to day issues, thus completely ignorant of wider issues of the governing structure, branches and programs, and thus blissfully ignorant.

4. Those who are actual Wokies all aboard the Woke train, and cheering this on.

Adding...

With fewer than 12 percent of the some 50,000 Southern Baptist churches present, the election results cannot and do not represent the views held by rank-and-file members of SBC-affiliated churches.

Also goes into how those in charge try to ride the line even though they're 100% woke.

Adding...

Also goes into how those in charge try to ride the line even though they're 100% woke.

Honestly, I do hope I am proven wrong, and I may be, God willing. Nevertheless, I can't help but feel cynical about the SBC coming back from this due to the modern Far-Left Woke mob being a much more zealous, ruthless and fanatical movement than the liberals who were fought off in the 80s. The fact that J.D. Greear served two terms, Litton being even worse, as well as the behavior of supposed "conservatives" like Al Mohler, shows how deeply the SBC has been penetrated. This isn't a simple case of one bad apple lucking their way to the top.

Last edited:

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
What is the reason so many protestant churches succumb to the gay/woke stuff? In a sense they say sola scriptura, and they know what's in the Bible about these things. I'd assume myself that it's because they have 30.000 interpretations and ''all goes'' for them.

Eric The Awful

Woodpecker
Gold Member
How are Baptist attendees taking this?

I go to an SBC church, which is also a member of a supposedly "conservative" state organization. As best as I can tell, we pay no attention to the SBC. Most evangelicals think of their own church as autonomous. We never hear about the SBC. I have one friend who chose to attend SBC churches a couple decades about because at the time, he was impressed by the focus on missionary work. Other than another friend who grew up in the "Church of Christ" movement, I don't know any other evangelical who chose a church based on anything other than the local church itself.

When I was growing up, the SBC had a reputation for being conservative. Now, we all pretty much know it is cucked beyond belief.