EgoDeath

Robin
A thread here to post and discuss the ideas, events and people of speaker's corner.

(These are just examples, not necessarily endorsements.)

[email protected]

Last edited:

EgoDeath

Robin

Godward

Robin
I just saw in another video that the Christian preacher attacked is a young lady wearing a Charlie Hebdo shirt. Let me put it frankly: Speaker's Corner is not a place for women, and Christian women should not be wearing such Worldly shirts, nor be preaching to men. This is just immodest behavior. That said, after being stabbed, she stands up and starts preaching again (so it seems that she will survive, God willing), which is still praiseworthy in a way. But it would be even more praiseworthy if she became a mother or a nun.

Last edited:

EgoDeath

Robin
She pulled a dishonest move with the falling down / fainting I think. She has demonstrated such "cunning" before when Ali Dawah pulled a chair from near "under" her for example, she's a provocateur, and her antics are known. It was Dawah's property and he was leaving I think. Same as the Quran she drills holes in and goes to Muslims and does her thing, it was stolen from her recently as well, now this.

Last edited:

Pacífico

Pigeon
It is clear she is trying to debate Muslims while also trying to prove the point that they are no religion of peace. These Muslims have always been a threat to Christianity alongside the Jews. The Mohammedan heresy has been a disaster to the human race.

Caramasão

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Hatun was not attacked for being a Christian but for recording a video showing Charlie Hebdo's cartoons mocking Mohamed, she also showed cartoons mocking Jesus Christ and even a horrible cartoon of the Virgin Mary with her legs spread.

Needless to say the attack is indefensible, but she's no martyr of the faith, she's a known provocateur.

Between 2013 and 2015 I visited Speakers Corner fairly regularly - at least once a month.
By around 2015 it was pointless to go there: I became overcrowded, most of the decent speakers (Christian or not) left or were considering leaving SC.
Too many hecklers, attention-seekers and trouble-makers.
From what I hear now there is a visible police presence on SC on Sundays - which is telling something.

As for Hatun - I wish her a swift. (I do admit, wearing a t-shirt with a with a Charlie Hebdo cartoon on it is hardly acceptable. Charlie Hebdo regularly mocked Christ, too, among others)