Spiritual Torment After Death

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Posting in women for a broader response.

I know someone. A young female, Orthodox, very sensitive and idyllic.

A few months ago a family member they were very attached to passed away. Also it seems most of their friends,family will move from them soon. They have become very withdrawn. They feel their nice little world has gone and now they don't see much nice in the world.

I cannot say for certain exactly what they feel, but it seems beyond losing the most important person in their life, it seems they resent that this has happened. I believe this should be read as resentment of God. And they also have shame they did not spend more time with them. I believe this is also resentment, playing God. It does not seem they can accept this or come to peace. I believe this really means that they don't want peace. People stay in these places as they want to.

Can anyone offer advice of what I may say to them that may help them want to return to the light?

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
I would give her 6 months, then see where she is. Remind her at that time, if things don't get better, that the person who has died would expect that she be grateful and faithful, as is God's desire for us, and that this age is passing for an age to come which will be quite different.

It's hard to say what a person is working through that early on in a grieving process, especially one that I don't know. Perhaps this helps, I hope it does at least - you will use your judgment but tread gracefully.

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian
@Coja Petrus Uscan
"I know someone. A young female, Orthodox, very sensitive and idyllic."

You open by speaking of one person in particular, but the rest of your post is in the plural (they/them), so I'm not sure the specifics/scope of who you wish to assist. Not trying to distract from your OP, but it was a little confusing to read.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
@Coja Petrus Uscan
"I know someone. A young female, Orthodox, very sensitive and idyllic."

You open by speaking of one person in particular, but the rest of your post is in the plural (they/them), so I'm not sure the specifics/scope of who you wish to assist. Not trying to distract from your OP, but it was a little confusing to read.