Sport leagues and players fighting 'systematic racism'

STG

Robin
Hilarious.

These people are largely descended from a people who have never built anything on their own.

They come to white man's civilization and instead of being grateful they aren't stuck in some civil war in Africa today, they bitch about the police enforcing the rule of the law to uphold the civilization that made them millionaires - for running around throwing balls, pretty much playing a children's game!

If they don't like the rule of law in European style civilization, go back to your ancestral land of Africa and join one of the basketball teams there.

I'm sure they will still be millionaires!

JohnKreese

Pelican
The clear winner of that is the NBA saving money it would otherwise flush down the drain by the WNBA having its "games".

This is true to an extent. I wonder how much of this was facilitated because of the awful ratings (in general and relative to previous seasons) that professional sports have gotten over the last few weeks or months.

Players "striking" is an easy way to divert attention from bad ratings. No program = no bad ratings.

LeoniusD

Kingfisher

This story may be even true, but you have to realize that the cop checks up on black drivers with more suspicion because of all the crimes committed by people who look like him. It's no systematic racism, but simply profiling. Even men are profiled against - men vs women and a fat guy in a suit who looks like an office worker will hardly be treated the same way as a tattooed young man wearing a wifebeater - regardless of race. As a black man you just have to understand that your fellow brothers are doing you a disservice. Be polite to cops and don't talk back and everything will be fine. The cop recognized him, but even if he checked his ID and saw just a well-off young black man, then he would have reacted in a similar way.

That is what the morons will never understand - never mind that it's moot to talk of a systematic racist country that lets them all earn millions by the age of 23.

estraudi

Pelican
Gold Member
What about MMA?
I don't post in the MMA thread because I truly look down upon it.
I think of it as the ADHD of fighting sports. Can't master one craft? Shit, well learn how to do 28 crafts and use them all at once and finish your opponent in under 8 seconds.
Not enough actual skill and back and forth to warrant my attention and appreciation for how one's skills are applied other than to knock someone out as quickly as possible. Some boxers are like this(Mike Tyson) but not all. Every MMA guy is like this.

I don't post in the MMA thread because I truly look down upon it.
I think of it as the ADHD of fighting sports. Can't master one craft? Shit, well learn how to do 28 crafts and use them all at once and finish your opponent in under 8 seconds.
Not enough actual skill and back and forth to warrant my attention and appreciation for how one's skills are applied other than to knock someone out as quickly as possible. Some boxers are like this(Mike Tyson) but not all. Every MMA guy is like this.
Yep just one step closer to returning to literal blood sports of the Roman empire. Healthy, sane people don't watch this for entertainment. I am all for martial arts training, but this is an excuse for violence.

estraudi

Pelican
Gold Member
NBA caving even further?!
Might as well combine this thread with the Democratic Party is Imploding thread. They're on the same trajectory.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
This is hilarious. :squintlol: I couldn't tell if the NBA is a parody.

Brian Urlacher calls out the NBA players.

Edit. NHL is probably unaware that the NBA players decided to resume playoffs. Whoops... :laughter:

Last edited:

STG

Robin
Why is the NBA 90% Black players? How about some Mexicans, short folks, and women?

They demand quotas in other work places, why not sports?

The hypocrisy is everywhere when you start to look.

Our culture has an obsession with making men and women equal, yet the courts have continually found that having a male only military draft is just fine. Are we equal or are we not?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/federal-appeals-court-male-draft-constitutional-72350218

Jews are roughly 1% of the American population yet they are vastly over represented in banking, Hollywood, and the media. This is never brought up as a problem, yet when a school or suburb is "too white" this is a problem. Blacks are 13% of the U.S. population yet every commercial and advertisement has black people in it. Blacks are now vastly over represented in advertisements.

This should show an intelligent person where this country is headed in the near future, especially as the under 30 population right now is white minority.

homersheineken

Kingfisher

Our culture has an obsession with making men and women equal, yet the courts have continually found that having a male only military draft is just fine. Are we equal or are we not?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/federal-appeals-court-male-draft-constitutional-72350218

Jews are roughly 1% of the American population yet they are vastly over represented in banking, Hollywood, and the media. This is never brought up as a problem, yet when a school or suburb is "too white" this is a problem. Blacks are 13% of the U.S. population yet every commercial and advertisement has black people in it. Blacks are now vastly over represented in advertisements.

This should show an intelligent person where this country is headed in the near future, especially as the under 30 population right now is white minority.

You're not even allowed to say that Jews run things: https://www.veteranstoday.com/2020/08/19/zuck-hatespeech/

If you want to know who really has power, look at who you aren't allowed to criticize or joke about.

Last edited:

Radical egalitarianism/Marxism/Communism's idealogy allows and justifies ruthless disregard for rights ("bourgeois values') therefore it appeals to those who are power hungry. It has nothing to do with equality- it's a tool for smashing traditional English/American liberties.