Steve Skojec

Caramasão

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
I took it from the Ubi Petrus channel:

"Steve Skojec, the founder of OnePeterFive (at one point, the most viewed and regularly among the most viewed Rad Trad website on the net) has been sharing his experience with just what a trainwreck the Trad movement is but now, with the publication of Traditionis Custodes, Skojec has taken aim at the institutions of the Papacy and the Magisterium."

His Twitter account can be found here: https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveSkojec

unnamed.png
unnamed (1).png
unnamed (2).pngunnamed (3).pngunnamed (4).png

Charbel Makhlouf

Sparrow
Orthodox
As a Traditional Roman Catholic, it pains me to say he's not wrong.

"Guided by the Holy Spirit" really does become a punchline when motu proprios go back and forth as popes play Uno back and forth across the decades.

2021-8-16-5612.png

I'm trying to gear up to go to my first Orthodox Liturgy. Really wish I had an Orthodox friend in the area to go with who would show me the ropes. Feel like a total fish out of water right now.

Sol Invictus

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen
As a Traditional Roman Catholic, it pains me to say he's not wrong.

"Guided by the Holy Spirit" really does become a punchline when motu proprios go back and forth as popes play Uno back and forth across the decades.

2021-8-16-5612.png

I'm trying to gear up to go to my first Orthodox Liturgy. Really wish I had an Orthodox friend in the area to go with who would show me the ropes. Feel like a total fish out of water right now.
As a former Catholic myself, I can say just go and watch and experience it. No one is going to expect anything from you, and in fact no one is likely to pay any attention to you at all during the liturgy, so you shouldn't have to feel like a fish out of water. Learning everything you need to do during the Liturgy takes time, which is part of the reason why the catechism process is so long. Talk to the priest, go and meet some people at the coffee hour afterwards, and I'm sure the next time you go someone would be willing to help show you the ropes. I've only been a catechumen for a few months myself so there is still quite a bit for me to learn, but I've been helped along by patient and understanding people.

I’m familiar with Steve Skojec…there’s a history there and those of us in the “Tradosphere” are weary of his shenanigans. It would be a big relief for me if he would stop publicly identifying as a Catholic, and I will appreciate Orthos for taking him off our hands! Apparently he’s also a big fan of David Bentley Hart. Just a word of warning — you all are in for a real treat if/when Skojec ever joins your team. I don’t think he’ll jive much with the sort of “Based” Orthodoxy such as this forum. I see him becoming more a Rod Dreher type of Orthodox. Wait, no…more than anything, I could most see him becoming a Frank Schaeffer type, and following that same trajectory. They have a very similar personality. Whether you think that’s good or bad, is your call. Anyway, good luck.

Last edited: