Stock Market thread

RE: 2017 Stock Market thread

ProGambler said:
Why would there be a stock market crash when it's the only thing that yields?

First off its not the only thing that yields.

And the 1 to 2 year timing is actually based of a mathematical analysis of the yield curve.

As to WHY it will crash is very complex topic. The simplest answer I can give is that history has shown some very clear patterns. Any country without a central bank gets invaded and taken over. Last ones were Syria and Iraq. Only Iran, North Korea, And Cuba remain. The central bank is a private corporation that controls the world money supply and heavily manipulates the markets and world politics with unlimited resources. Cyclical market crashes are used to transfer real assets from common people to the elite as well as to introduce policy changes to further extend global control. For example the last few crashes were used to take several major currencies off the gold standard. I suspect the next will introduce a central bank baked blockchain currency (bye bye btc). Since the last crash in 2008 the Federal reserve (the US central bank) and a few other central banks (japan, swiss) have been pouring trillions into FANG stocks as well as dropping interest rates around the world inflating the market. If they pull the money out or raise interest rates the market will drop. All media outlets (controlled by the same people) shoutout doom and goom and the average person panics and sells allowing the people who control all the money to buy up real assets like businesses, land, buildings, exc

Prince Charming said:
ProGambler said:
Why would there be a stock market crash when it's the only thing that yields?

First off its not the only thing that yields.

And the 1 to 2 year timing is actually based of a mathematical analysis of the yield curve.

As to WHY it will crash is very complex topic. The simplest answer I can give is that history has shown some very clear patterns. Any country without a central bank gets invaded and taken over. Last ones were Syria and Iraq. Only Iran, North Korea, And Cuba remain. The central bank is a private corporation that controls the world money supply and heavily manipulates the markets and world politics with unlimited resources. Cyclical market crashes are used to transfer real assets from common people to the elite as well as well as to introduce policy changes to further extend global control. For example the last few crashes were used to take several major currencies off the gold standard. I suspect the next will introduce a central bank baked blockchain currency (bye bye btc). Since the last crash in 2008 the Federal reserve (the US central bank) and a few other central banks (japan, swiss) have been pouring trillions into FANG stocks as well as dropping interest rates around the world inflating the market. If they pull the money out or raise interest rates the market will drop. All media outlets (controlled by the same people) shoutout doom and goom and the average person panics and sells allowing the people who control all the money to buy up real assets like businesses, land, buildings, exc

BB1

Robin

BB1 said:
Moreless said:
Anyone have thoughts on SHOP ticker?

Shopify is an amazing company. I am up well over 100% on it now.
I will increase my holding on any decent pullback this year.

Here is their 2015 IPO roadshow video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYl8iwD-6tk&feature=youtu.be

An article on their culture :

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ine/meet-our-ceo-of-the-year/article21734931/

"The Ontario government has inked a deal to use Shopify Inc.'s e-commerce platform for cannabis sales online and in stores as part of its plan to be the province's sole distributor of legal recreational marijuana." :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ontario-shopify-marijuana-online-shopping-1.4531228

jbkunt2

Woodpecker

Anyone any tips?

I bought a good amount of Match Group. They dipped on the news that Facebook would add a dating feature. To me though, that’s not gonna touch Tindr and co.

BB1

Robin

jbkunt2 said:
I bought a good amount of Match Group. They dipped on the news that Facebook would add a dating feature. To me though, that’s not gonna touch Tindr and co.

Take a look at MOMO - they own Tantan (Tinder of China).

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member

jbkunt2 said:
Will do! Thanks.

Anyone got any favourites for buying-and-holding long term e.g. 5-10 years plus?

What's going to be big in the next 10 years. Problem is are you going to punt while in infancy or hook on once they're more established.

Growing industries over the next 10 years:

3D printing
AI
Automation robots
Gym equipment manufacturers that service developing countries
VISA/Mastercard
Second tier tourism investment

One I'd take a look at is FANUC. Just had a big dip on bad financials.

But at the moment I'm not looking to buy anything unless someone has some good tips. More looking out for a shorts. I was thinking of shorting Italy. Shorted Facebook earlier in the year.

Cannabis is meant to be being leagalised in Canada in June. May be worth looking at them though it seems to me that legalisation has been priced in.

enfuego

Sparrow

I'm a FANUC shareholder myself. Still kicking myself that I didn't sell at $30 - I was 60 days away from long term capital gains treatment. Lesson learned is don't make investment decisions based on tax treatment. I remain a believer though. The rise of minimum wages, at least in the US, will hasten the automation of manufacturing. FANUC is a leader in industrial robotics.

If you're looking for short ideas, take a look at RH. Formerly known as Restoration Hardware, it was one of the most heavily shorted companies at the beginning of 2017 when the CEO took out a massive loan and bought back one third of the float. The thesis is that luxury home furnishings should suffer if either the economy or housing market softens, all the while RH is pursuing an expensive brick-and-mortar store strategy. Obviously, earlier shorts lost a ton of money on this, but I think the overall thesis remains intact.

BB1

Robin

jbkunt2 said:
Will do! Thanks.

Anyone got any favourites for buying-and-holding long term e.g. 5-10 years plus?

jd.com (JD) - is the preferred e-commerce retailer among high income Chinese. If this continues to be true, the continued rise of household income across China bodes well for JD.com's shares. Current price $36

Anyone got any views on Photo Me International? Part of me thinks they're stuffed long term because of smart phones but could work both ways that people want easy high quality print outs for their photos in future? Big drop this week, could be a good time to get in.

jbkunt2

Woodpecker

@BB1

Thanks for the tip on JD.com.

I actually bought $1500 of JD when you said you did earlier in this thread. After some further research though, of course.

Maybe I will double down on that.

BB1

Robin

jbkunt2 said:
@BB1

Thanks for the tip on JD.com.

I actually bought $1500 of JD when you said you did earlier in this thread. After some further research though, of course.

Maybe I will double down on that.

I may have another idea Wednesday evening. I'm waiting for their earnings report Wednesday after market close to assess their growth forecasts and earnings.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member

Those Canadian marijuana stocks have gone up about 10-20% since I posted the above. But I am still nervous about them. The big three have a combined market cap of about $12B; while the medical market is only worth about $1 billion; and the new legal market $4.5B. They do have a growing market abroad, but I think they are way over priced and going have a good tank sooner or later. Long-term I think they're a good hold, but now is not the best long entry point.

Another to look at is Sky (SKT) Australia. It's gone done about 66% from highs and is looking to pay a dividend of about 8-10% this year.

Also, Mercardolibre, the Amazon of South and Centeral America with 200 million plus registered users has tanked about 25% after a major rally. It looks like it's starting to bounce now. Weekly view looks good.

BB1

Robin

3 outstanding 'Software as a Service' companies announced earnings yesterday - Zscaler (ZS), MongoDB (MDB), and Okta (OKTA). All of these companies are growing like a weed.

Zscaler stock jumped 23% today!

I beleive MongoDB is the pick of the bunch. Developers love MongoDB - they have downloaded more than 30 million copies of the company's free database since 2009, and over 10 million copies in the last 12 months alone.

Mongo is disrupting traditional databases like Oracle, so the growth potential is massive if they are successful.

From their earnings :

"Over 6,600 Customers at April 30, 2018, up 83% Year-over-Year

MongoDB Atlas Revenue 14% of Total Q1 Revenue, up over 400% Year-over-Year

Revenue: Total revenue was $48.2 million, an increase of 49% year-over-year. Subscription revenue was $44.6 million, an increase of 53% year-over-year, and services revenue was $3.7 million, an increase of 14% year-over-year."