Stock Market thread

username

Ostrich
Gold Member
Intel is on my radar as well, I'm thinking of picking some up soon too. The thing is I've been buying more AMD processors lately because I can get something significantly more powerfully for the same price as Intel.

Pointer

Woodpecker
Intel looks good at $45 but it will require a lot of patience. It can also go lower if they announce another delay. I personally don't like them as a company, just like I don't like Nvidia. They would sell you the same shit in a different package every year if AMD wasn't around.

They first quad-core was released in 2007 and in 2008 they destroyed AMD with the I7 920 on LGA 1366. I bought one and overclocked it from 2.6 to 4GHz, best value for money you could get. In 2010 they already had 6-core CPUs on LGA 1366. Naturally I was expecting them to push 6-core and 8-core in the mainstream with the next generation but instead they released Sandy Bridge, 10-20% faster than the previous generation yet got a lot of praise for some reason. I guess Intel had deep pockets to throw at the press and almost buried AMD. Subsequent lack of competition meant that Intel milked the quad-core for a decade. Sooner or later their lack of innovation was going to backfire.

Last edited: