Stock Market thread

Meraki

Sparrow
Traded JAGX over the past 2 days. In at 1.02 & 2.40 out at 2.85 after $2.90 & 2.99 rejected 4 times on the 10 min chart. The amount of volume & attention was insane, it in all probability could or may go from $3 - 5 this week... but like I said green is green. Got in expecting the 1.70s at best and rode it another 1$/sh higher.

Low float stock - if more news comes from the seminar today, expect an even bigger play. I don't want to kick myself if it kept moving so haven't checked since I clocked in the +280% trade, but the volume is there and there is money to be made in either direction.

Also traded BNGO again. Looks like I made the right move, it dumped from high $6 down to 5 & even the 4.90s again. Big news on them tho, could be a decent pullback for a long.

Also traded CHEK on a total gamble at the open bc the chart & volume was similar to JAGX. Got 500 shares at 2.40, sold at 2.83. HOD was 2.85 and I was barely in the trade for a minute. It then crashed down before settling into the mid $2s. There is big volume & news here, but like BNGO & JAGX these have gone up 2-3x or more in the past couple days. The party will stop at some point. Enough volume to capture .10-.20 on a candle for a 1000 shares and get out.

LI looks to be respecting the trendline between 29-31$
NIO could see a run to $55 I may buy more into "NIO Day" next week
CYTH & PECK have potential for big moves too - day trade only, try to play a big candle

scotian

Peacock
Gold Member
I sold my AMD at $95 the other day which was about the highest it’s been since I bought it in early September, it’s now down to $90. I took that money and put it into VTI, I also sold half of my VXUS (Vanguard international ETF) and put it into VTI. I decided to buy another Vanguard ETF that tracks the S&P 500 (VFV, the Canadian equivalent of VOO).

My CNQ Canadian oil stock is up nice, NCLH is up but down from its November high, I’m confident it’ll go up again in coming months. I’m still kicking myself in the ass for selling my ten Tesla shares I bought at $450.

I got on the BNGO bandwagon too, only 80 shares at $5.70, probably won’t hold for long. I have to stop buying stocks I don’t understand my luck will probably run out soon.

Pendleton

Pelican
So with the political uncertainty removed and a President Biden assured, what is the move? Wait for oligarch euphoria to feed a rally and then bet against everything American, especially the dollar?

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
S&P Futures hit new ATH 3804 today on the Upper Trend line and S&P Cash hit 3811...
Expect the top turn soon for an 11 Year ABC Correction... Especially if Biden actually sworn in
with Taxes retroactive to Jan 1, 21 Cap Gains at 39.5% and ordinary income at 52% plus higher State Taxes which will crush earnings and expose the many Zombie Companies that are in fact not showing earnings in the current tax regime.

1610063773930.png

1610064067165.png

palsofchaos

Sparrow
So with the political uncertainty removed and a President Biden assured, what is the move? Wait for oligarch euphoria to feed a rally and then bet against everything American, especially the dollar?
The move is to invest in green energy. Not because it’s useful necessarily but because it’s what the new administration will focus on.

Tesla stock has more than doubled in price since the election. Plug power is another that has seen significant gains this week. Tesla looks like FOMO to me but who knows. Maybe it really is that valuable.

Meraki

Sparrow
Exactly like the person above stated. A bit bummed I didn’t take that gamble sooner, and was on vacation when MARA took off.

green stuff, China stuff, and coin stuff is where it will be at. Also a solid move in stuff that will benefit cannabis and tobacco Legislation.

it seems we will witness a totally fake Biden surge at least till inauguration maybe into Feb to keep people motivated and occupied, watching as the market goes up without them. Actually, given the rate of stimulus and inflation, it may go up longer. I’m starting to not even see these big moves as gains, but really just tracking inflation plus a bit on the top.

here are stocks I am in or looking closely at, and a brief write up. Trade at your own risk.

NIO: Chinese EV & battery co, TSLA rival
LI: same as above, cheaper stock price. should track well, respecting support now low 30s target 45
ISUN/PECK: just did a 12.50 offer. This company will benefit huge from green laws. Easy multibagger
XXII: FDA approval due for combustible nicotine reduce cigarettes. Biden’s FDA pick, as well as Schumer, Kamala and a few others signed off on a bunch of proposals backing nicotine legislation & have backed their research
LIVX: competitor to spotify. Shaky chart but seems to make 1-2$ swings over a few months. Worth trading
SMH: if you followed this when I mentioned, you’d be up 30$ a share this past week
UMC: worth trading. Watching how it responds in 8$ range
ASX: I forget what they do, it could consolidate and break above 5-6$ range
CRNT: starting to uptrend. Can move to 4 & 5. Wanted to get in yest but had work. Made a 40 cent move And broke above long term resistance. I’ll look for a pullback or profit taking to 3.20, or a break above 3.50 and just forget about it for a few months.

BITCOIN ETH i thought I bought the top at 30k... looks like the train is leaving the station.

Meraki

Sparrow
Update:

NIO broke up as high as $66.99 and is trading in the 60s now. Big news on them with their new vehicle & battery. Big competitor to Tesla.
LI is moving in sympathy and broke to new highs at 36$. It is now safely in a new uptrend. Hoping a pullback to 33$ but this one is getting a bit too expensive for me to play with.
CRNT: had a big pop, didn’t trade it. Looks like the party is now over tho so get out
LIVX: going according to plan
XXII: news drove it up about .20. Healthy consolidation in upper $2 range. Binary event coming with FDA announcement any day now. I hope it doesn’t come soon - I want the stock to consolidate and starting closing in the mid 3s before any news comes.
PECK: want in, respecting 14$ range. need to free up cash

if you are looking for explosive growth potential look at XXII & NIO. They are 85% of my portfolio. Game changing technology in both. Look to scale out at certain price targets and then re-load. NIO could hold 60s before another move up, but it could dip to 50s range again. XXII is a wildcard - if their tech comes thru, I’d look for marketing & product announcements 90 days after news, as per their recent press. Gameplan is to hold thru FDA, sell 15%, ride out the rest.

kel

Ostrich
When you say "explosive", what does that mean in your mind? Like, say 1 year from now, what would be a realistic and/or optimistic target?

Meraki

Sparrow
Kel Im thinking NIO will easily take 70s soon. by summer who knows? But theyre market is China and Germany so it should hold up regardless of what happens in USA. Voted top 10 most innovative tech company in the world - outranked tesla and is a fraction the price.

XXII if FDA comes thru, will be massive. factor in a Biden FDA pick, and it has even more potential. Basically they do cigarettes with low nicotine and 95% less carcinogens. FDA app is so they can advertise them as a smoking cessation device and sell their crop to Big T. A Biden pick could potentially mandate low nicotine across the board for all cigs, with this being the only company that can grow the crop. In 2017 & 2019 the FDA released guidance on reducing toxins from cigarettes as an interest of urgent national health.

explosive means that I envision at least another 50-100% in the coming months.

Meraki

Sparrow
When you say "explosive", what does that mean in your mind? Like, say 1 year from now, what would be a realistic and/or optimistic target?
I’m not planning on staying in another year tho - If all goes well I’d be scaled out and down to maybe 15% by June. Possibly sooner. XXII I want consolidation in 3s maybe even 4 before news. I am in no rush for news, but the company keeps saying January January January. Could go to 6$. Maybe 10$ with news of a marketing deal or partnership. Soonest that can come is 90days after FDA annoucement.

ive played this stock before years ago up to the 4$ range, in at .99 back in 2016. It is a lot of hype. But it seems that now things are finally coming together. I scaled up then sold a bunch, Reinvested again. now my cost average is around 2$. There is historical resistance around 3.15. Past there it can run to about 3.70

palsofchaos

Sparrow
I've been trading OEG the last few days. Its gone from low 3's to almost 5 and settling at 4 this week. They just announced a direct offering this morning for 3.50 until Friday. Despite this the stock didn't drop below 4 all day. Next two days will probably be a good buying opportunity.

Meraki

Sparrow
I've been trading OEG the last few days. Its gone from low 3's to almost 5 and settling at 4 this week. They just announced a direct offering this morning for 3.50 until Friday. Despite this the stock didn't drop below 4 all day. Next two days will probably be a good buying opportunity.
Are you interested in the company at all or just speculation? Just glanced at the chart - due for a red day regardless of how well the offering goes. Looks like its going to add about 30% to the overall float.

What is your overall price target? I could see a leg up to 4.50$ then between $5-6 but there is a key turning point at $3.60 & $4 for the range to watch. Daily chart candle doesn't look too confident on the buying. Also, historically, it seems there is huge resistance between 4.50-4.90 so breaking into 5$ is going to be hard without a bigger catalyst, as there are probably quite a few trapped longs looking to get out.

If you compare to XXII, they follow a bit of a cycle of ramping up into the 3 & 4$ range, dropping down for 9 months or so, then ramping back up - there's just much more price history & a shorter timeframe to accumulate up & down over the course of a year. OEG hasn't consistently closed above $5 in half a decade. So while it may pop next week, judging by the chart I'd think its safer to say the party may be over for the time being, just like with CHEK, BNGO & ISR.

Drazen

Ostrich
Gold Member
I sold Nio at 63.75. May get back in if it dips. Currently have Li and Xpev, but looking to unload LI.

Looking at charging tech, I sold BLNK way too early, in the low 20s, but looking to get back in the space. Been doing really well with FCEL, so may look at a few others (PLUG or SBE, which I panic sold at 29).

Virgin Galactic (SPCE) is finally recovering after the botched test launch.

May buy some Delta Airlines (DAL) if the stock tanks due to the earnings report. Basically the only airline I'll fly right now due to extended middle seat blocking.

Last edited:
Check out the ARK ETF’s
CIBR and CRWD for cyber security
SPAC: BRPA will soon turn into NeuroRX with their bipolar drug release and Covid therapeutic
RLFTF is a penny-stock that I anticipate will get FDA approval soon as well.

check em

VTI and QQQ are obviously good too... less risky.