Superfoods

Diocletian

Woodpecker
Buckwheat is one if my favorite superfoods. One of the only complete plant-based proteins. I make bread and pancakes out of it.

Bone marrow is another great superfood. Its chock-full of fat, vitamins and minerals. It might just be the tastiest thing on God's Green Earth.

I don't know how accurate this is but its interesting:

You ever have bone marrow toast? If there's a restaurant in Heaven I'm sure that's the main course. It takes you about 10 minutes to prepare and about 2 ounces of marrow on toast will totally fill you up for hours.

You want the bones like what you get in the middle of a cross-cut beef shank. Go to the meat counter and ask the clerk if they have marrow bones. In my locale the grocery stores and WalMarts sell products by a company called Rumba; they package things like beef cheeks, ox tails, beef heart, beef liver, etc. They also sell packaged slices of marrow bones. If your WalMart or grocery store doesn't have it you might try a Hispanic market.

First butter some toast made from good quality bread. Next take your bones and look at the side that has the most marrow exposed. Put that side down in a hot pan with a tiny amount of oil and fry them covered for about 2 or 3 minutes. Turn them over and then fry them uncovered for a few seconds. Put them on your plate with that larger side up and then sprinkle them with a little salt and your favorite dried herbs or ground pepper. To eat use a sharp thin knife to scrape out the marrow and spread on your toast.

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
I'm a big fan of bone broth and have been using it regularly now for about a month. I wish I had known about it sooner because it appears to have really cut down on my inflammation after working out hard or with heavy weights.

On that note, let me share with you a recipe for a tea that has been a total game changer for me and my family. This tea is not bone broth exactly, does contain some of the same elements. I use this tea for sleep and it has done wonders for my energy level, mood and overall health. To give credit where due, the idea for this tea comes from a popular YT channel keto guru.

Here are the ingredients (last line items are my spin on the recipe):

• 2 tablespoons of ACV,
  • 200-400 MG of vitamin B1 powder (thiamine)
  • a healthy serving of glycine powder
  • a healthy serving of collagen powder (see recommendations on package)
  • 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
  • a tablespoon or so of raw honey (stay away from regular honey, buy the real stuff -- apparently pretty common that they cut honey with corn syrups (my addition - honey is supposed to help with sleep as well
  • 1 teaspoon or so of magnesium powder (my addition-- take care with amount and use as you wish but know it has a laxative effect )

Drink up and prepare for the best sleep you've had. I'm considering experimenting with adding Tryptophan to this(maybe someone more knowledgeable can comment), but that is probably overkill since this stuff works like a charm and is also really good for you. To tie back to the thread title, I believe that Cinnamon, raw Honey, Collagen and ACV are all super foods.

Side notes:

• A vitamin B1 deficiency supposedly contributes to sleep apnea(issue i have been diagnosed with), and B1 is known for its calming effect.
  • Magnesium deficiency is apparently pretty common - worth researching this if you do not know about it
  • Stevia can be subbed or mixed (my preference) in place of honey and does not cause an insulin response
  • Save money and buy your supplements in powder form
  • The Glycine/Collagen are supposedly key ingredients in helping you sleep - worth researching if curious

Last edited:

Knight.of.Logos

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
Lots of my favorite foods and drinks can be considered "superfoods," which is a funny label. some of these include:

Blueberries, other types of barries, turmeric, sweet potatoes, avocados, green tea, even coffee can have lots of benefits. For fats, use grass-fed butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, and olive oil (NO vegetable oils, they are worse than sugar). For sweetener I use honey, maple syrup, or stevia powder. Collagen is a great one as mentioned above. Meat is also very nutritious but I try to get quality meat- grass fed beef, pasture raised chicken and eggs, etc. Organic and cage-free are better than not, but grass fed or pasture raised is more ethical and healthy.

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
Eggs. Eat lots of them.

Eggs are the 2nd most nutrient-rich foods after breast milk.
On advice I read from here, I started doing that some time ago. I try to get at least 3 per day and do 2 of them raw (saves time, just plug your nose and go for it or throw it into a smoothie machine like Magic Bullet). 3 are probably not even enough. Eggs have all of those needed nutrients and the cholesterol is required for hormones and brain function. Interesting how eggs have been demonized as being bad for your health. I try to get organic if at all possible. I don't trust the factory farms. The other great thing about eggs is just how inexpensive they are. If you are a bachelor trying to save money, you kill 2 birds with one stone. Get great nutrition, do them raw with no prep, or cook them up if you have time. Your hair and skin will benefit - subjectively speaking, I think it helped me.

Last edited:

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Get a pack of power greens next time you go shopping, nobody likes the taste just stuff a handful in your mouth before you leave the house in the morning. I promise your body will thank you in a couple weeks, easy takes just a few seconds.

On advice I read from here, I started doing that some time ago. I try to get at least 3 per day and do 2 of them raw (saves time, just plug your nose and go for it or throw it into a smoothie machine like Magic Bullet).
I just break them over my food or just swallow it. I actually like the taste more then cooked. The texture is a bit slimy but sometimes I think of it as "smooth".

Ever since I was a kid I've loved sucking the bone marrow out of the bone whenever I eat chicken wings, pork chops, steak, etc. I never do it in public though because it grosses out most people. When I was younger my parents told me not to do it but didn't actually give me a good reason to stop so I just kept on doing it (except in front of others of course).

Ever since I was a kid I've loved sucking the bone marrow out of the bone whenever I eat chicken wings, pork chops, steak, etc. I never do it in public though because it grosses out most people. When I was younger my parents told me not to do it but didn't actually give me a good reason to stop so I just kept on doing it (except in front of others of course).
Our Asian family is obsessed about it. One of those days my dad stopped/told us not to out of fear of the "chemicals" in the meat/animals but typically we did it anyway.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I'm a big fan of bone broth and have been using it regularly now for about a month. I wish I had known about it sooner because it appears to have really cut down on my inflammation after working out hard or with heavy weights.

On that note, let me share with you a recipe for a tea that has been a total game changer for me and my family. This tea is not bone broth exactly, does contain some of the same elements. I use this tea for sleep and it has done wonders for my energy level, mood and overall health. To give credit where due, the idea for this tea comes from a popular YT channel keto guru.

Here are the ingredients (last line items are my spin on the recipe):

• 2 tablespoons of ACV,
  • 200-400 MG of vitamin B1 powder (thiamine)
  • a healthy serving of glycine powder
  • a healthy serving of collagen powder (see recommendations on package)
  • 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
  • a tablespoon or so of raw honey (stay away from regular honey, buy the real stuff -- apparently pretty common that they cut honey with corn syrups (my addition - honey is supposed to help with sleep as well
  • 1 teaspoon or so of magnesium powder (my addition-- take care with amount and use as you wish but know it has a laxative effect )

Drink up and prepare for the best sleep you've had. I'm considering experimenting with adding Tryptophan to this(maybe someone more knowledgeable can comment), but that is probably overkill since this stuff works like a charm and is also really good for you. To tie back to the thread title, I believe that Cinnamon, raw Honey, Collagen and ACV are all super foods.

Side notes:

• A vitamin B1 deficiency supposedly contributes to sleep apnea(issue i have been diagnosed with), and B1 is known for its calming effect.
  • Magnesium deficiency is apparently pretty common - worth researching this if you do not know about it
  • Stevia can be subbed or mixed (my preference) in place of honey and does not cause an insulin response
  • Save money and buy your supplements in powder form
  • The Glycine/Collagen are supposedly key ingredients in helping you sleep - worth researching if curious

Sounds interesting, how much water do you mix all that with and I'm guessing you take it an hour or so before bed?

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
Sounds interesting, how much water do you mix all that with and I'm guessing you take it an hour or so before bed?
I prefer to use a slightly bigger than normal coffee cup and I mix it well, but that doesn't stop the sediment to settle down on the bottom so I usually need to add a little water to get it all down at the end.

Also, want to be clear about the magnesium citrate I added--use at your own risk since this is my bro science/experimental add. I have known magnesium citrate to be helpful to relax and good to supplement so I added that on my own accord.

The Youtuber guy who came up with this recipe is Thomas Delauer. His channel has a lot of similar health and fitness tips for anyone interested.

Ginger is an outstanding spice worth incorporating into your dietary regime.

It has some amazingly powerful antiinflamatory properties, and it is a very powerful stimulant of digestion. In Ayurvedic medicine, where it has seen use for thousands of years to great effect, it is considered a "universal medicine."

And in the soy-infested, testosterone-deficient world we're living in today, it certainly could be a useful adjunct to any dietary program geared towards enhancing male reproductive health and testosterone status:

In conclusion, the mainstream of research that links ginger to testosterone demonstrated that ginger supplementation, particularly in oxidative stress conditions, enhances testosterone production in males. The mechanisms by which this occurs mainly by enhancing luteinizing hormone (LH) production, increasing the level of cholesterol in the testes, reducing oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation in the testes, enhancing the activity of the antioxidant enzymes, normalizing blood glucose, increasing blood flow in the testes, increasing testicular weight, and recycling testosterone receptors. However, the effect of ginger on testosterone is not yet confirmed in humans. Therefore, clinical studies in this context of research are imperative.
(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6316093/)
Dietary ginger decreased blood glucose and MDA level, increased reproductive organ weights and testosterone level, improved semen quantity and motility, and ameliorated the SOD, CAT and GPx activities as well as testis AST, ALT, LDH and ALP activities. Intake of ginger roots improves the antioxidant and androgenic reproductive function of male diabetic rats in addition to its antidiabetic property.
(https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23862759/)

nagareboshi

Woodpecker

How do you get the bone marrow out of random chicken wings and steaks? As far as I can tell, the bones are "solidified" by the time the meal is cooked, and no marrow can come out?

I highly recommend all people that live in the west, to try milk thistle oil. All Americans suffer from some degree of fatty liver. However, it's hard to find quality oil. I bought a good brand last year and now the quality sucks. But if you do manage to get it, the healing effect on your liver is instant, within days you feel your body become a lot stronger, lose weight, get denser, deep voice and full of energy.