Superheroes schmuperheroes

Godward

Sparrow
I do not think that this matter has been discussed here before, so here we go.

Over the past few years, I developed a strong aversion to the comic book superheroes phenomenon and the entire infantile, geek culture surrounding it. Again and again, this thought keeps coming back to me: superheroes have almost completely replaced our collective memory of historical heroes and saints. Almost everyone now knows who "Superman" is, but I doubt whether the same people know any Classical, Germanic or National heroes by name, let alone Christian saints.

So, I started looking into the people who started, and still largely control, this superheroes phenomenon. These were some of the most prominent names that I came across:
  • Harry Donenfeld: distributor Detective Comics and Action Comics.
  • Milton 'Bill' Finger: co-creator of "Batman".
  • Moe 'Martin' Goodman: founder of Marvel Comics.
  • Bob Kane (Robert Kahn): co-creator of "Batman".
  • Jack Kirby (Jacob Kurtzberg): co-creator of "Captain America", "Fantastic Four", "Hulk" and "X-Men".
  • Stan Lee (Stanley Martin Lieber): co-creator of "Fantastic Four", "Iron Man", "Spiderman", "Hulk" and "X-Men"
  • Lawrence D. 'Larry' Lieber: co-creator of "Iron Man" and "Thor".
  • Sheldon Mayer: co-founder of DC Comics.
  • Martin Nodell: creator of "Green Lantern".
  • Joe Shuster: : co-creator of "Superman".
  • Jerry Siegel: co-creator of "Superman".
  • Joe Simon: co-creator of "Captain America".
There seems to be some tribal commonality between these men. Yet, I just can't wrap my head around it what it exactly is. Perhaps they were oldschool nationalist Germans, given their obsession with superhuman (Übermensch) humanoids? Who will say? I guess we'll never know.

gay-super-hero22.jpg

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
Superhero culture has evolved into a niche-nerd thing (with the occasional movie coming out) into an insane cultural movement, worth untold billions, and seeping it's way into a prominent and never ending cultural phenomenon. It's ridiculous and commical. It's homo-erotic, grrrrl power nonsense. It keeps men from taking responsibility in their lives. Ridiculous escapism. What's worse, is the amount of adults that still are into this nonsense, and this includes Star Wars. Not even talking about the cultural globohomo-trans subversion as well.

I do not think that this matter has been discussed here before, so here we go.

Over the past few years, I developed a strong aversion to the comic book superheroes phenomenon and the entire infantile, geek culture surrounding it. Again and again, this thought keeps coming back to me: superheroes have almost completely replaced our collective memory of historical heroes and saints. Almost everyone now knows who "Superman" is, but I doubt whether the same people know any Classical, Germanic or National heroes by name, let alone Christian saints.

So, I started looking into the people who started, and still largely control, this superheroes phenomenon. These were some of the most prominent names that I came across:
  • Harry Donenfeld: distributor Detective Comics and Action Comics.
  • Milton 'Bill' Finger: co-creator of "Batman".
  • Moe 'Martin' Goodman: founder of Marvel Comics.
  • Bob Kane (Robert Kahn): co-creator of "Batman".
  • Jack Kirby (Jacob Kurtzberg): co-creator of "Captain America", "Fantastic Four", "Hulk" and "X-Men".
  • Stan Lee (Stanley Martin Lieber): co-creator of "Fantastic Four", "Iron Man", "Spiderman", "Hulk" and "X-Men"
  • Lawrence D. 'Larry' Lieber: co-creator of "Iron Man" and "Thor".
  • Sheldon Mayer: co-founder of DC Comics.
  • Martin Nodell: creator of "Green Lantern".
  • Joe Shuster: : co-creator of "Superman".
  • Jerry Siegel: co-creator of "Superman".
  • Joe Simon: co-creator of "Captain America".
There seems to be some tribal commonality between these men. Yet, I just can't wrap my head around it what it exactly is. Perhaps they were oldschool nationalist Germans, given their obsession with superhuman (Übermensch) humanoids? Who will say? I guess we'll never know.

View attachment 31389

It would make sense for Jews to be obsessed with superheroes.

The Jews believe that their Messiah will be a human being (not a diving being).

He will be descended from King David.

He will have 'superman' type qualities - he will be a great politician, philosopher and military leader.

He will destroy all the enemies of Israel and bring peace to this world.

Mark-David

Pigeon
It's probably not coincidental that as individuals in society become less empowered and more restricted in what they can do and say, the culture is feeding them complete fantasies about unlimited and fantastical individual powers. It's providing an outlet for energies stifled in the real world. It's especially interesting that those most interested in, and attached to, these fantasies are the weak liberal types most likely to willingly sublimate themselves to the system. The same goes for Harry Potter. Each one of these weak types negates themselves and their interests in the name of "social justice", only to go home at night and stream a movie whereby they can vicariously imagine themselves as semi-divine and all powerful. The same energy feeds itself into social justice activism, wherein the same types genuinely believe they are "saving the world" from x,y,z.

DanielH

Pelican
Superhero culture has evolved into a niche-nerd thing (with the occasional movie coming out) into an insane cultural movement, worth untold billions, and seeping it's way into a prominent and never ending cultural phenomenon. It's ridiculous and commical. It's homo-erotic, grrrrl power nonsense. It keeps men from taking responsibility in their lives. Ridiculous escapism. What's worse, is the amount of adults that still are into this nonsense, and this includes Star Wars. Not even talking about the cultural globohomo-trans subversion as well.
There is something innately homosexual and cuckish about superhero culture. I believe it is there to intentionally feminize western men. To my knowledge, nothing like this exists outside of the West. Instead of a culture which used to emphasize American folk heroes such as Jim Bowie, George Patton, or Audie Murphy, we now celebrate completely fake jewish and black men who blow things up with CGI or super tough 5 foot four girls who knock out henchmen with a single kick. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

They don't want us to remember or emulate real men with real balls, just want us to go to work, rub it out to pron, and fantasize about being one of their cleverly-drawn, cgi-implemented mensches defeating the bad evil white men who believe in a divine being. The best antidote to this is to inspire people to grow their abilities not from the farcically mundane comic book tropes or the insipid "god-like" powers of superhumans, but from their own innate flesh and blood which has the ability to do far more than just be a consuming prop in an inhuman system. Once people realize this, they may stop going to work, stop following the law, stop doing what the consumptive beast expects them to do.

I admire historical men who had appeared beyond the ordinary, but realized that all of them were products of their time and proof that with the right training and lifestyle (void of bad habits or weaknesses) man can push any boundary to become legendary. Most men if they push themselves and their abilities nowadays may even be capable of acts that most other humans are not, all within the laws of our physical world that is. Though no human is "superhuman" some certainly are able to display great control of their environment, or completely dominate it outright. When I think of people like this, many come to mind. Danny Roxo, Otto Skorzeny, Black Jack Pershing, Chinese Gordon, Kondo Isami, Aaron Burr, Myles Standish, Jan Sobieski, Date Masamune, Pier Gerlofs Donia, Gotz Von Berlichingen, Captain Johnathon R. Davis, to name a few. While their capacity for excelling in war and violence is not a a particular Christian attribute, just about all of these men (Japanese aside) and many more were steeped in a world where the common belief was Christ is King (He still is and always will be), and they made their way in the world one way or another, exceptionally, no matter what the political powers were at the time. What "accomplishments" do these fake jewish superzeroes have, or have contributed to the posterity of a nations people? What benefit does being obsessed with them even have on an individuals life other than idolatry?

It is all a waste really, it may have been fun and pulpy in the 1930s when the serials first came out, but after the 1990s it all went downhill, and the same goes for all (((pop culture))). Trust in Jesus and pray daily, forge yourself for a physical purpose and you too will get a chance to show what God-given ingenuity combined with harsh training can prepare you for, and it will catch globohomo off-guard. The system is simply expecting the entirety of man to just depend on the automated way-of-life so they all fall victim to their schemes. Liberate yourself from the system by rebelling towards God.

We all grew up watching superhero cartoons. That's just what kids do. I'm was more of Batman and Flash Gordon fan myself. But, it's just crazy how obsessives our culture has become over superheros. I stopped watching superhero cartoons probably around age 12 or so and I became a teen. It's just beyond bizarre how popular cosplay has become. Seeing middle aged men dress up as a comic book character at these huge conventions is just beyond weird to me.

CDRhodes

Sparrow
Even as a kid I couldn’t get into the cape crap that much. I’ve always been inspired and fascinated by stories of common men doing great things. Superman? Nah, how about Thor Heyerdahl crossing the Pacific in a raft with his buddies just to prove his theory. Spider Man? Give me the Rangers of Pointe Du Hoc. Men are capable of achieving nearly anything through force of will. Superhero stuff is garbage peddled to 35 year old little boys who have never had to grow up.

I grew up reading superhero comics and still occasionally enjoy them. I used to regularly attend my local comicon, until it got ridiculously expensive to attend. The full event ticket price went from $40 to $150 within the space of roughly a decade! People used to complain about over-crowding there, but the greed of the owner took care of that. I went on a Sunday just to check things out with a friend, and there was plenty of room in the hallways.

I would not be so hard on those who cosplay at conventions. They are often actually pretty well socially adjusted, and just having some fun with friends. People sometimes like to dream about being a famous actor or superhero character, and this way they get a small taste. But these are gatherings that do attract a large number of aspies, which can result in interesting situations. Lol

My mother's complaint about comics was that the superheros all had impossibly perfect physiques and this would create self-esteem issues in the readers. And I think at a subliminal level, comics may have effected me in that way. I've always lamented that I am not a perfect/ideal specimen of a man, though I am tall and lean.

I enjoy the superhero movies coming out, but the "wokeness" sometimes infecting them, and the changes to classic storylines, really bothers me.

I think the reason Batman and Iron Man are so popular to the public, is that they are essentially exceptional but ordinary men, who are trained to perfection and use advanced technology, rather than being superhuman Adonises immune to most forms of physical attack. And yes, there needs to be more focus, especially for children and teens, on the real heroes of the world and what they accomplished despite their mortal limitations.

Last edited:
Superheroes are cool when you're a kid, but seeing grown men obsessing over that thing it's just pathetic. I enjoy reading some classic superhero comics (up to the 1990s) every now and then. After that they became too SJW and boring. Also, the storylines have become very repetitive, predictable and contrived, retconing and killing/reviving the heroes ad nauseam. I lean much more towards anime and manga just because the storylines tend to be better. I even prefer 80's cartoon heroes like He-Man, Thundercats or Ghostbusters because they departed from the tired caped superhero clichés. But in the end, obsessing over geeky stuff is ridiculous. Not saying you can't enjoy it and revive your childhood, just don't become a soyboy whose life rotates around nerd interests,

Last edited:
It does somewhat in Japan and Korea where Manga is a thing. However my understanding is that tends to be a teenage thing there and they seem better in general about remaining grounded in reality.

The Otaku, at lease for quite some time, were viewed as losers by the Japanese public. But when that subculture moved to America, and took hold in the comicons, and became a money making consumer force, they became something very different over here. As the saying goes, this is the revenge of the nerds, because "the nerds won!" But then it was the rise of people like Zuckerberg, Musk and Gates in the IT world, that really gave strength to the quote.

Superheroes are cool when you're a kid, but seeing grown men obsessing over that thing it's just pathetic. I enjoy reading some classic superhero comics (up to the 1990s) every now and then. After that they became too SJW and boring. Also, the storylines have become very repetitive, predictable and contrived, retconing and killing/reviving the heroes ad nauseam. I lean much more towards anime and manga just because the storylines tend to be better. I even prefer 80's cartoon heroes like He-Man, Thundercats or Ghostbusters because they departed from the tired caped superhero clichés.

A few years ago I was in a comic book shop, which every few months I would visit. An employee who was barely in his twenties to my shock blurted out that the best comic storylines were from the eighties and nineties, and that things had gone downhill from there! I was amazed that even someone so young could see that...

Last edited:
A few years ago I was in comic book shop, which every few months I would visit. An employee who was barely in his twenties to my shock blurted out that the best comic storylines were from the eighties and nineties, and that things had gone downhill from there! I was amazed that even someone so young could see that...
I feel even manga has something going on along this lines. Older manga from the 60s-90s tends to be better than most modern manga.

Godward

Sparrow
I think several processes are at work with regard to the Jewish superheroes phenomenon:

1. Immanentized Messianism. As has already been remarked here, this secularized Messianic belief is strong with Jews, especially those who left orthodox Judaism. Superheroes are another expression of this ideology.

2. Resentment. I have no doubt that these comic book writers did not excel at sports etc. So, these idealized, imaginary superheroes are a projection of everything that these writers themselves are not. This resentment was intensified in an era they were explicitly seen by others ("Nazis") as Üntermensch. So, there is a weird psychological trauma going on here as well.

3. Money and power. Traditional culture does not earn you as much money as commercialized, copyrighted pseudo-culture, and is much harder to control. So, you just develop your own "culture" that now serves as a cash cow and as a vehicle to promote "social change" and "inclusion".

And it is indeed interesting to observe that in a culture where more and more is *not* possible, the superheroes phenomenon feed the fantasies of the impossible. It is a form of Liberal sublimation for the masses. Instead of taking personal responsibility and rising up against a Liberal/Communist oppressive System etcetera, people now escape in a childish dreamworld that does not have the spiritual and "psychoanalytical" qualities of folk tales, mythology and especially religion.

Attachments

• 1336194818-Jewerine-x-men-jew-jewish-funny-mutant-wolverine-demotivational-poster-1241452321.jpg
    1336194818-Jewerine-x-men-jew-jewish-funny-mutant-wolverine-demotivational-poster-1241452321.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1
  • il_570xN.272430628.jpg
    il_570xN.272430628.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 7aa5d6a87f10d4a059842b7788695d4a.jpg
    7aa5d6a87f10d4a059842b7788695d4a.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1