Supplements and foods that may DECREASE testosterone

reliquary

Woodpecker
First, this thread on water filters is an essential prerequisite for the post to follow:

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-54863.html

TL;DR, APEC countertop is the best system for those guys living in an apartment or condo that can't drill into their counters for the more involved undersink cabinet system. I personally know RVF members who have heeded my advice on this and feel the benefits. Berkey for full house and more intensive filtration is also very good.

Where to even start?

The report, published in the current issue of Fish & Shellfish Immunology, adds to a growing body of research pointing to problems with estrogen in the nation's waterways. Other research has found evidence of estrogen exposure in freshwater and some marine fish populations. In a previous report, USGS scientists found widespread occurrences of fish in the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers with "intersex" characteristics -- male fish carrying immature female egg cells in their testes. Other scientists observed similar problems in fish in Southern California and in labs in Canada and the United States.

"The fact that estrogen blocked production of hepcidins in fish exposed to bacteria gives more weight to the theory that estrogen or estrogen-mimicking chemicals could be making fish more susceptible to diseases," said Laura Robertson, who led the research. Environmental groups have asked U.S. EPA to ban chemicals used in many household detergents that are linked to endocrine disruption and gender changes in fish. One chemical, nonylphenol, imitates estrogen.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/estrogen-in-waterways/

Tangential to estrogen, but important and relevant enough to this topic that I feel it worth including here, the presence of massively over-prescribed ADHD, antidepressant, and narcolepsy pharmeceuticals, inter alia, in our water supply.

Instead, researchers fill them with rocks and organisms obtained from local streams in upstate New York. And in place of bubble bath, they add to the water D-amphetamine, the same active substance found in several ADHD and narcolepsy medications. The water in the tubs is mixed with enough amphetamines to make the organisms think they’re sitting downstream from one of Baltimore’s water treatment plants. The goal of this lab is to find out what the US’ heavily medicated population might be doing to its surroundings.

There, they persist for long periods without breaking down. Hormones in medications like birth control cause changes such as intersex development in fish and amphibians. Antidepressants have been found in the brain tissue of fish downstream from wastewater treatment plants. Research on the presence of illegal drugs in water bodies has revealed some interesting trends: drug concentrations are highest on weekends and skyrocket after social events, such as music festivals, where large quantities of drugs are often consumed.

Now here comes the more relevant part:

Before most amphetamines and other drugs and drug compounds reach water bodies, they pass through municipal water-treatment plants. For the most part, these facilities filter out regulated water contaminants like viruses and heavy metals before they’re discharged into the environment. But most treatment plants lack the often-expensive technologies necessary to filter out amphetamines and other potentially dangerous “chemicals of emerging concern.”

The primary way these chemicals enter the environment is when pharmaceuticals physically pass through people: when a person takes a drug, his or her body metabolizes only a fraction of the intended dose. Much of the rest ends up in feces or urine, thereby getting into wastewater (a small amount leaves the body in sweat).

Agriculture is also a problem. Most livestock in the US are treated with hormones and antibiotics, and, like humans, farm animals excrete some of the drugs they’re treated with. Contaminated animal waste easily contaminates the environment.

In the US, water that enters the typical wastewater treatment plant undergoes one to three rounds of treatment. The more rounds of treatment the water receives, the cleaner it should be. In the first round, wastewater is held in basins that separate liquids from solid materials (which are discarded). The next involves removing dissolved and suspended biological matter, like bacteria. In the third round, water is disinfected using chemical or physical techniques, such as chlorination and filtration, that help to remove more persistent contaminants such as toxic chemicals and nutrients. Once water is sufficiently treated, it’s discharged back into the environment.

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...-the-research-bathtubs-saving-our-ecosystems/

When girls are on any type of hormonal birth control, they piss estrogen, straight down the toilet into our water supply, which does not filter it out. Full stop.

It helps when you washing your hands, taking a shower, filling a pot of water to boil for food, to think literally of straight estrogen, antidepressants, and meth flowing out of the faucet. That's not hyperbole, it's the truth. Municipal water systems do not have the technology to remove it, so that's left to us. You should at least be drinking clean water at home, at the most basic level of effort. Even if you can't do a full home filtration system, get a Culligan filter showerhead. Something is always better than nothing. Take cooler and faster showers, which causes less absorption into the body. Bring your clean filtered water out with you so you don't have to drink from polluted water fountains, or heaven help you, a tap. I strongly believe this is one of, if not THE leading reason for the drastic increase in mental illness and homosexuality now affecting Western society.

Our bodies are extremely delicately balanced machines. While our bodies have the ability to handle a metaphorical punch from estrogen and other chemicals, what we are facing right now is a 2 ton wrecking ball of hormones and chemicals coming at it. Step 1 is to get some better armor, step 2 is to decrease the size of the wrecking ball.

I don't want these posts to sound alarmist, this is just the collection of findings I have made from over a year of study and experimentation on my body and a gradual understanding of just how fucked up our environment is now. Again, hope this is useful, and causes genuine and serious action in our community.

Hypno

Crow
+1 on water. If you own your own house, a whole house filter is the way to go.

In addition to the trace pharmaceuticals, it will filter out chlorine and flouride which is a poison added by the municipalities to kill bacteria and viruses. There is some thought that just taking a shower you absorb a lot of chlorine through the skin and your lungs.

Avoiding these environmental poisons is not easy, especially when you consider that you have to have a solution for when you are at work, restaurants, or the grocery store. One partial solution that is easy is to do cleanses, or take natural items that chelate toxins (i.e. toxins bind to it and are removed from your body). For example, drinking carrot juice and taking a small amount of chlorella or spirulina daily. Some other juices like beet juice and parsley and cilantro are supposed to be even better. http://www.naturalnews.com/038670_heavy_metals_chelation_foods.html This is not meant to be an exhaustive list or even a suggestion of the best chelators; rather, its a suggestion that some things that are easy to add to your diet or routine provide an important benefit you may not have considered. Switching to natural salt like himalayan sea salt, can also work as a chelator. http://www.nourishingplot.com/2014/08/30/detoxing-fluoride-bromine-and-chlorine-naturally/

Mycelium

Robin
Gold Member
What do you guys think of this?

Olv2Ghz.jpg

I just recently started reading the book "The Testosterone Hypothesis: How hormones regulate the life cycles of civilization" by Roy Barzilai. I am only a couple chapters in but I suggest giving this book a read. It has brought everything full-circle for me. It is funny how powerful the red-pilled collective conscious is. As I am just getting started researching and implementing an anti-estrogenic diet and other ways to decrease estrogen and increase testosterone, Roosh posts a thread pertaining to my exact thoughts of where my mindset is. Add in all the other posters who already have experience with this subject, dropping knowledge bombs and you've got yourself a beautiful network of red-pilled information. We are just getting started.

Hypno

Crow
swuglyfe said:
@Hypno, all good points, I didn't even focus on the natural fruit and vegetable juice ways to cleanse but those are good things to note as well.

Once I use up my current supply of Celtic sea salt, I will be switching to Himayalan pink salt, because recent findings reveal- guess what?- microplastic pollution in sea salt. Come on motherfuckers.

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...seas-salts-come-with-a-dash-of-microplastics/

wow, that is amazing, thanks for posting.

as for the salts, the idea is to get some of these trace minerals in your system, like iodine, selenium, etc. Himalayan sea salt is the most expensive, but you can get it for a reasonable price in the bulk section at health food stores. My local Sprouts (sort of like Whole Foods but less snobby) carries it for 2.99 a pound, which is way cheaper than Amazon.

I like to buy stuff like that and store it in mason jars. I poke a hole in the lid, and add a tab stop, and then pump the air out with a $30 pumpnseal. I also juice vegetables and store the juice in mason jars with the pumpnseal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8taqrs0aL4E I have something similar for wine that cost about $10. Removing the air keeps it fresh and wholesome longer.

Mycelium

Robin
Gold Member
General Stalin said:
Ballr said:
What do you guys think of this?

Olv2Ghz.jpg

dwalinwheresthemeat_zps7c24cc36.gif

lmao I think it's because most meat is made up of poor quality and lab invested. There is some truth in what he says and some confusion. He speaks in "absolutes" Yes or no, right or wrong. I still eat salmon, chicken, and beef. More seafood. Beef in moderation. I believe in eat the food you kill.

How else did hunters survive?

General Stalin

Crow
Gold Member
This may be 100% broscience, but I believe eating a meatless diet is okay for women but not for men. Not as an image thing, but I think the nutrients gotten from animal meat is unequaled for promoting testosterone production and providing essential amino acids to help build strong able bodies.

reliquary

Woodpecker
Ballr said:
What about Evian water? I always figured the plastic is thicker so it's safer to drink from.

Almost all commercially available plastic products we sampled—independent of the type of resin, product, or retail source—leached chemicals having reliably detectable EA (estrogenic activity), including those advertised as BPA free. In some cases, BPA-free products released chemicals having more EA than did BPA-containing products.

Many plastic products are mischaracterized as being EA free if extracted with only one solvent and not exposed to common-use stresses. However, we can identify existing compounds, or have developed, monomers, additives, or processing agents that have no detectable EA and have similar costs. Hence, our data suggest that EA-free plastic products exposed to common-use stresses and extracted by saline and ethanol solvents could be cost-effectively made on a commercial scale and thereby eliminate a potential health risk posed by most currently available plastic products that leach chemicals having EA into food products.

https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/1003220/

:facepalm3:

Chaos

Pelican
Gold Member
I went to the lab today to check my testosterone levels and the result had me surprised.

I checked them last year at a time when I had been 100% sober for months, 3 months on a strict high fat zero carb diet, no fap, lifting 4x week and martial arts 3x week, regular sleep patterns. I lived like a monk.

Now, I have mostly been eating like a vegan\vegetarian, low protein, and I have been partying few times a week. I even had a few smokes and been pretty sloppy with everything but I have been to the gym 4-6 times a week.

I went to the lab slighty hungover today and my levels have gone with 20% since last year.

You can only drink distilled water when you have absolutely no other source available and are about to die from thirst.

Distilled water depletes the body of nutrients by a great degree. Prolonged consumption will incur massive health problems. Never mind that most distilled water products are meant for industrial use mostly and the leeching of BPA related products might be x-times worse.

reliquary

Woodpecker
swuglyfe said:
First, this thread on water filters is an essential prerequisite for the post to follow:

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-54863.html

Reading through this thread and I'll go ahead and ask here:

What about drinking Distilled Water?

Concerning distilled water: yes, it is better than tap by a lot. However, it lacks essential minerals found in water in the state of nature, from which our body is used to getting them. If you only drink distilled water and do not supplement with calcium, magnesium, or the other trace minerals in sea salt, you will become hypo- in a lot of different areas due to deficiency.

Edit: basically seconding what Zelcorpion said.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Chaos said:
I went to the lab today to check my testosterone levels and the result had me surprised.

I checked them last year at a time when I had been 100% sober for months, 3 months on a strict high fat zero carb diet, no fap, lifting 4x week and martial arts 3x week, regular sleep patterns. I lived like a monk.

Now, I have mostly been eating like a vegan\vegetarian, low protein, and I have been partying few times a week. I even had a few smokes and been pretty sloppy with everything but I have been to the gym 4-6 times a week.

I went to the lab slighty hungover today and my levels have gone with 20% since last year.

Everything we know about affecting testosterone is really just a guess. The biggest problem is that you can't isolate for variables to truly find out if something is helping or not, so when someone says "My testosterone went up after I did X," you're just going by a hunch.

My personal opinion is that there are hundreds of factors that determine testosterone, and some are probably epi-genetically linked. If your brain has determined that there are no suitable mates or animals to hunt, it may shut down T production to save energy. Supplements and HRT can help for at least the short term, but they create dependency issues and possible side effects. I think they best we can do is to minimize exposure to man-made chemicals (particularly plastics), eat something resembling a "natural" paleo diet, avoid estrogenic foods, and surround ourselves with beautiful women who we want to impregnate.

Bottom line is why would our body create testosterone if there's nothing in daily life that requires its use? You don't have a family to protect, don't have to worry about getting food today, are not experiencing life-ending stress, etc. Banging sloots is fun, but may not be enough to keep T levels high.

Chaos

Pelican
Gold Member
^ Great point.

It might play a role that now I'm in Serbia and I have been enjoying epic spring weather with tons of sun and there are beautiful girls in sight as soon as I step out on the street.

When I did my last test I was in Finland and had I spent months in the winter darkness without much sun and not many girls on the street.

Mycelium

Robin
Gold Member
swuglyfe said:
Ballr said:
What about Evian water? I always figured the plastic is thicker so it's safer to drink from.

Almost all commercially available plastic products we sampled—independent of the type of resin, product, or retail source—leached chemicals having reliably detectable EA (estrogenic activity), including those advertised as BPA free. In some cases, BPA-free products released chemicals having more EA than did BPA-containing products.

Many plastic products are mischaracterized as being EA free if extracted with only one solvent and not exposed to common-use stresses. However, we can identify existing compounds, or have developed, monomers, additives, or processing agents that have no detectable EA and have similar costs. Hence, our data suggest that EA-free plastic products exposed to common-use stresses and extracted by saline and ethanol solvents could be cost-effectively made on a commercial scale and thereby eliminate a potential health risk posed by most currently available plastic products that leach chemicals having EA into food products.

https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/1003220/

:facepalm3:

I just realized Evian spelled backwards reads Naive :dodgy: