Supplements and foods that may DECREASE testosterone

Hypno

Crow
I take two heaping tables spoons of (resistant) potato starch, two table spoons of psyllium husk (ease into this one as it will canabalize water from your body) in my morning smoothie. At my organic grocery store, I can get a large bag of these for $5 each that lasts more than a month. I also take an ounce of ACV which is not a prebiotic but has a beneficial effect on your gut biome.

I did a month of another prebiotic first, Dr. Gundy's prebiothrive, but it was expensive and the amount was very small. I didn't feel any effects until I added the potato starch and psyllium husk. His stuff might work, but I'm a big dude and in the doses he was recommending I didn't see much effect. But his infomercial about how prebiotics work is good.

Some good info here: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-31408-page-3.html?highlight=resistant+starch

I posted about my veggie breakfast smoothie before. I was doing that for about a month or two before I saw any results, because I would still crave junk food at night or on the weekends. Since taking the prebiotics, I crave veggies and fruits more. It also allows me to occassionally skip meals. The psyllium will definitely make you feel full, and will also make your BMs regurlar.

Probiotic is Jarrow brand from Costco. Had been taking these all along but saw results only after taking the prebiotic.
 

redbeard

Hummingbird
Catholic
Gold Member
Crossposting from another Anti-Estrogen thread

redbeard said:
http://www.berkeyfilters.com/ is having a Memorial Day sale right now. Now is a great time to buy.

Email says:

15% OFF
Systems & Replacement Filters
Now - Friday June 2nd
Use Code: BERKEY15 at checkout

Sales like this don’t come around often - hurry to get the best deals before they expire!

Sale Details: includes all new Berkey Stainless Steel & Berkey Light Systems, Black Berkey Purifiers, Fluoride Filters, Shower Filter (with & without head), and Sport Berkey Filters. Sale excludes all Scratch & Dent units and all accessories. Must use code BERKEY15 at checkout to receive the 15% discount.

I purchased:

Travel Berkey
Fluoride Filters
Stainless Steel Spigot
Lifetime Warranty

Regular $270.50
Sale $229.93

Shipped Free
 

redbeard

Hummingbird
Catholic
Gold Member
CaptainChardonnay said:
^Good post. Just bought one off amazon.

aJwjWRe3_700wa_0.gif
 

reliquary

Woodpecker
redbeard said:
Crossposting from another Anti-Estrogen thread

redbeard said:
http://www.berkeyfilters.com/ is having a Memorial Day sale right now. Now is a great time to buy.

Email says:

15% OFF
Systems & Replacement Filters
Now - Friday June 2nd
Use Code: BERKEY15 at checkout

Sales like this don’t come around often - hurry to get the best deals before they expire!

Sale Details: includes all new Berkey Stainless Steel & Berkey Light Systems, Black Berkey Purifiers, Fluoride Filters, Shower Filter (with & without head), and Sport Berkey Filters. Sale excludes all Scratch & Dent units and all accessories. Must use code BERKEY15 at checkout to receive the 15% discount.

I purchased:

Travel Berkey
Fluoride Filters
Stainless Steel Spigot
Lifetime Warranty

Regular $270.50
Sale $229.93

Shipped Free

Nice! Just got a GoBerkey filter, which is even smaller than the Travel size cause I only fly carry on and can't afford even that much space taken up. The kit also comes with a free Berkey Sport water bottle with integrated filter. Preppers swear by that and say it can turn stream water drinkable out of the mouthpiece.

I don't disbelieve them, but the bottle is also plastic to facilitate the mechanism of action. Yes, they say it's BPA free but if this thread has taught us nothing else, it's that that distinction doesn't mean much. I might spend some time investigating it and seeing if I can't retrofit/jury rig it into a stainless steel bottle somehow.
 

stefpdt

Woodpecker
This thread is really good. Here's my contribution:

Get ashwagandha.

It's an adaptogen that helps your body balance hormones like cortisol. The interesting thing about adaptogens is that they can increase or decrease your hormones depending on what your body specifically needs.

When you get your cortisol (stress level) in check, this makes it easier to balance your T as well.

You'll also feel hornier on the stuff.

Most people have had best results with KSM-66 ashwagandha for testosterone production (KSM-66 is a patented full-spectrum standardized extract).

I got my KSM-66 ashwagandha off of Amazon, but it's a little expensive on there.

I just ran a quick Google search and saw that Swanson has a good ashwagandha product that's super cheap:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-ultimate-ashwagandha-ksm-66-250-mg-60-veg-caps-SWU1003

I take ashwagandha whenever I don't get enough sleep and I usually feel 100% better within 30 minutes.
 

Hypno

Crow
stefpdt said:
This thread is really good. Here's my contribution:

Get ashwagandha.

It's an adaptogen that helps your body balance hormones like cortisol. The interesting thing about adaptogens is that they can increase or decrease your hormones depending on what your body specifically needs.

When you get your cortisol (stress level) in check, this makes it easier to balance your T as well.

You'll also feel hornier on the stuff.

Most people have had best results with KSM-66 ashwagandha for testosterone production (KSM-66 is a patented full-spectrum standardized extract).

I got my KSM-66 ashwagandha off of Amazon, but it's a little expensive on there.

I just ran a quick Google search and saw that Swanson has a good ashwagandha product that's super cheap:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-ultimate-ashwagandha-ksm-66-250-mg-60-veg-caps-SWU1003

I take ashwagandha whenever I don't get enough sleep and I usually feel 100% better within 30 minutes.

Interesting. Thanks for posting - had never heard of this.

Apparrently its similar to ginseng but a member of the nightshade family. Any negativess (nightshades often have negative side effects).

More info here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/06/13/ashwagandha-medicinal-uses.aspx
 

riverfish

Pigeon
Doctor turned supplement maker here.

There are a bunch of supplements you can take to decrease estrogen:
DIM
Calcium D-Glucarate
Grape Seed Extract
Zinc
Boron
Resveratrol
Nettle Root
Tongkat Ali

Don't expect them to drastically decrease your estrogen levels though. If you want something more effective, use stuff used by bodybuilders, like androstenedione (Arimistane) - can't vouch for its effectiveness personally, but seems to get a good rep on various forums.

Tip: just as high estrogen is bad, so is estrogen that is too low. Maintaining a certain level of estrogen is important for your libido. That's why you get hornier when you drink alcohol (which is estrogenic). Also, guys who overdo the PCT after juicing often experience lack of libido.
 

CaptainChardonnay

Ostrich
Gold Member
Just bought some CDG, and DIM. Couldn't find I3C in my regular supplement stores.

Also picked up a salt toothpaste, african black soap, hyaluronic acid/vitamin c serum, and aztec secret indian healing clay.
:banana:
 

Kid Twist

 
Banned
Hypno said:
stefpdt said:
This thread is really good. Here's my contribution:

Get ashwagandha.

It's an adaptogen that helps your body balance hormones like cortisol. The interesting thing about adaptogens is that they can increase or decrease your hormones depending on what your body specifically needs.

When you get your cortisol (stress level) in check, this makes it easier to balance your T as well.

You'll also feel hornier on the stuff.

Most people have had best results with KSM-66 ashwagandha for testosterone production (KSM-66 is a patented full-spectrum standardized extract).

I got my KSM-66 ashwagandha off of Amazon, but it's a little expensive on there.

I just ran a quick Google search and saw that Swanson has a good ashwagandha product that's super cheap:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-ultimate-ashwagandha-ksm-66-250-mg-60-veg-caps-SWU1003

I take ashwagandha whenever I don't get enough sleep and I usually feel 100% better within 30 minutes.

Interesting. Thanks for posting - had never heard of this.

Apparrently its similar to ginseng but a member of the nightshade family. Any negativess (nightshades often have negative side effects).

More info here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/06/13/ashwagandha-medicinal-uses.aspx

A naturopath was telling me about this recently. I'm a physician too. I've tried a lot of supplements, and have my little list. I'm interested in trying ashwagandha. As posted on other threads, I believe cycling tongkat ali works, if you can get the well concentrated forms (bitter as shit, tastes bad).
 
Zelcorpion said:
Mikestar said:
Is protein powder which contains soy lecithin (most brands) bad for you?

Brother - avoid most supplement brands like the cancer-causing products they are.

Most have stuff in it far more toxic than GMO soy lecithin like sucralose (with big text on it that says: "Now Aspartame free" - sucralose is more toxic than aspartame - heh).

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/now-foods-whey-protein-certified-organic-natural-1-lb-pwdr

25$ for one pound is seriously not that big of a sacrifice if you avoid cancer-in-a-box.

Good companies:

NOW Foods
Swanson - pick their more expensive versions, they have some soy occasionally added in the low-low-price range, but it is a good company - you would not see non-working versions of vitamins or truly highly toxic ingredients added

I take organic WHEY protein powder by a local European organic producer, but would likely buy NOW Foods in the US. I take NOW Foods for multi as well as SWANSON.

Also by the way- bodybuilding magazines regularly test protein powder producers and NOW Foods usually comes at the top with 99%+ pure protein while other big pharma owned & much bigger companies reach occasionally levels of 60-70% - rest being something else than protein.

Is there a protein power like this except without sugar in it? I mean like any sugar whatsoever.
 

Shimmy

Kingfisher
IstillLoveVistaBaby said:
Is there a protein power like this except without sugar in it? I mean like any sugar whatsoever.
The problem with most of them is they taste really bad/chalky. They do have some that taste decent with sugar alcohols instead of aspertame/sucralose. From my research the sugar alcohols are not bad for you, but your body can only process so much in a day, not a problem for 1-2 servings.

Good protein that tastes bad: Sunwarrior, Rawfusion

Good with sugar alcohol that tastes good: Orgain (great price at costco)

I have tried most of the vegan proteins due to being lactose intolerant and they usually are artificial sweetener free due to the tree hugging hippies that consume them. The taste also depends on how you mix it. If you mix in just water its going to taste 10x worse than if you use it in a fruit smoothie.
 

reliquary

Woodpecker
CaptainChardonnay said:
Hey anyone notice after taking CDG and DIM that their piss is a very rusty colour?

Just making sure we're using Occam's razor here, you're sure it has nothing to do with dehydration? I've been taking these supplements for so long I don't remember what color my piss was right after starting, but these days it just varies by hydration level like usual.
 

reliquary

Woodpecker
I've been using Cleure toothpaste plain, Redmond Earthpaste lemon, Cleure mouthwash cinnamon, and the Sonaki VitaMax combo shower filter for a couple days now.

I like Cleure toothpaste more than the Earthpaste because it has a foaming agent. I know that no foaming agent is a big selling point and probably marginally better for me, but without it I feel the need to reapply Earthpaste on my automatic toothbrush every few teeth, cause it all... just... seems to vanish. Cleure is pretty tasteless, but the citrus flavor of Earthpaste is actually quite good I will admit. The cinnamon mouthwash is doing its job, just trying to cut out mint and tea tree oil.

I have noticed how smooth my teeth feel after changing these things up, but of course that is probably largely because of the increased attention I'm paying to it.

The Vitamax shower filter was also a very quick install, used my existing showerhead, plugged in a Vitamin C cartridge. Feels good, I know when I'm traveling I have to apply lotion because my skin dries out, but sometimes I forget when showering at home, which is good. Other users have conducted actual analysis on TDS and chlorine removal which has come out positive. One recommendation I have to prolong life of the Vitamin C, is to unscrew it and let it dry whenever you're done showering. Vitamin C degrades in water after a few days, and the way it is designed, water sits in the filter after you turn off the tap and can't drain out. Don't waste your money.
 

CaptainChardonnay

Ostrich
Gold Member
swuglyfe said:
CaptainChardonnay said:
Hey anyone notice after taking CDG and DIM that their piss is a very rusty colour?

Just making sure we're using Occam's razor here, you're sure it has nothing to do with dehydration? I've been taking these supplements for so long I don't remember what color my piss was right after starting, but these days it just varies by hydration level like usual.

Its probably because of the shit ton of supps I'm also taking.

Multi
Vit D
Vit C
CDG
DIM
ZMA
Calcium

Also how much DIM and CDG do you guys take a day? Stuff is expensive.
 

Enigma

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
whenthesunhits said:
I use all-natural personal care products when I can, but avoid tea tree oil and lavender as ingredients. They are anti-androgenic and estrogenic (check out the study below). Especially for toothpaste, something going inside your mouth will absorb to a much greater degree than things that only touch your skin.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa064725

The study showing tea tree and lavender oil to be estrogenic was done ten years ago and poorly constructed. They didn't control for where the oils themselves came from (manufacturer, container, etc.), for one.

It seems a lot more likely, based on what I can find, that it was contaminants in the oil (like the things discussed in this thread) causing those results and not the oil itself.

This article summarizes/links to a lot of the arguments and studies that dispute the findings.

http://www.aromatichealth.ca/blog/?p=240
 
CaptainChardonnay said:
swuglyfe said:
CaptainChardonnay said:
Hey anyone notice after taking CDG and DIM that their piss is a very rusty colour?

Just making sure we're using Occam's razor here, you're sure it has nothing to do with dehydration? I've been taking these supplements for so long I don't remember what color my piss was right after starting, but these days it just varies by hydration level like usual.

Its probably because of the shit ton of supps I'm also taking.

Multi
Vit D
Vit C
CDG
DIM
ZMA
Calcium

Also how much DIM and CDG do you guys take a day? Stuff is expensive.

It's mostly the Vitamin B in the Multi which coloring the piss "rusty".

But it is usually better to have a slight oversupply of all vitamin B groups than a lack. Your heart and long-term health will thank you for that. Our need of all vitamin B kinds is way higher than the RDAs. Some of the RDAs are at 1-2 mg, while orthomolecular doctors estimate them to be at 10-40mg depending on age, general health, current day need etc. That is why I simply take a multi with 50mg for most of the B group and be done with it.

Some multis have 25mg on average and that is fine too.
 
Top