Survival in post-coronavirus world (prepping, supplies, protection, money)

LeoniusD

Kingfisher
Inside The Survival Condo: Protecting The Mega-Rich From The Apocalypse

View attachment 25705

I realize this is not an option for the ordinary person, but it is still good to know about. People have built small scale versions of this under their homes. I used to have a neighbor who was a retired Air Force officer, and he built a bomb shelter, convinced a nuclear war would eventually happen.

A bunker is all fine and well if you are concerned with any large cataclysm. The question is whether living in such a bunker for 20 years is more preferrable than surviving in some remote region of the world in the sunshine.

Plus - the biggest danger to your liberty won't be Antifa, BLM, a civil war or a viral plague. The biggest freedom crushing thing will be the global government. And your bunker is very well within their realm of power. They can restrict you whenever they feel like it - can even do a waco-extremism cleanse with impunity.

Prepping is all fine and good for short-term disruptions, but more freedom can guaranteed via living in an area with an independent food and energy production and a local government that might not breathe down your neck too much. By that measure I would estimate that you have a better chance for long-term freedom by opening up a buffallo-ranch in an American Indian reservation or setting up shop in a different area in the world.

That leaves you with honestly observing of how much 1984 countries are handling both covid as well as the global warming crap. The climate´bullshit would impact countries far more than even covid.

It looks strangely enough that some Scandinavian countries offer more refuge in remote regions of Norway or Sweden than the US or Canada does. You can pretty much forget all commonwealth countries which have the most brutal police response in the UK and Australia. Other options are in Asia in the more developed regions of Japan, Korea. I doubt that they will enact any suicidal climate policies there or go overboard with any fake plague response.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
It's not "problems" as in the kind of problems other people are having. It's people coming in trying to "infiltrate" but they're generally easy to spot from a mile away. So far it's the only group I've seen that is doing well at keeping shit stirrers, riff raff, and such out.
You may have mentioned it before but I can't find the group you're talking about (just other random things going by that name). Appreciate more info. Would you recommend it to regular family guys?

A bunker is all fine and well if you are concerned with any large cataclysm. The question is whether living in such a bunker for 20 years is more preferrable than surviving in some remote region of the world in the sunshine.

Plus - the biggest danger to your liberty won't be Antifa, BLM, a civil war or a viral plague. The biggest freedom crushing thing will be the global government. And your bunker is very well within their realm of power. They can restrict you whenever they feel like it - can even do a waco-extremism cleanse with impunity.

Prepping is all fine and good for short-term disruptions, but more freedom can guaranteed via living in an area with an independent food and energy production and a local government that might not breathe down your neck too much. By that measure I would estimate that you have a better chance for long-term freedom by opening up a buffallo-ranch in an American Indian reservation or setting up shop in a different area in the world.

That leaves you with honestly observing of how much 1984 countries are handling both covid as well as the global warming crap. The climate´bullshit would impact countries far more than even covid.

It looks strangely enough that some Scandinavian countries offer more refuge in remote regions of Norway or Sweden than the US or Canada does. You can pretty much forget all commonwealth countries which have the most brutal police response in the UK and Australia. Other options are in Asia in the more developed regions of Japan, Korea. I doubt that they will enact any suicidal climate policies there or go overboard with any fake plague response.
Heard a few people now pointing towards corona either being intentionally released or used by opportunity to push similar goals to the “climate change agenda” because nobody other then rabid leftists really cared about climate change

Panzerhund

Sparrow
Heard a few people now pointing towards corona either being intentionally released or used by opportunity to push similar goals to the “climate change agenda” because nobody other then rabid leftists really cared about climate change
Never understood the bunker mentality? Short of a nuclear apocalypse why would anyone want a bunker?

It's much more preferable to move to a rural area that is conservative. Check in with the local sheriffs office and find out their politics prior to ensure it's not a lib town.

Never understood the bunker mentality? Short of a nuclear apocalypse why would anyone want a bunker?

It's much more preferable to move to a rural area that is conservative. Check in with the local sheriffs office and find out their politics prior to ensure it's not a lib town.
A bunker like anything inanimate can be used as a tool, tools can be either used effectively or not. Bunkers are a good tool for storage and short term shelter and they serve their purpose well. I’d rather have a bunker in my back yard in a rural mountainous community then one in an urban environment, there’s more factors at play then simply “bunkers suck. Ultimately no man is an island and a likeminded community of people is far better off then a rogue prepper

Zoso

Woodpecker
A bunker like anything inanimate can be used as a tool, tools can be either used effectively or not. Bunkers are a good tool for storage and short term shelter and they serve their purpose well. I’d rather have a bunker in my back yard in a rural mountainous community then one in an urban environment, there’s more factors at play then simply “bunkers suck. Ultimately no man is an island and a likeminded community of people is far better off then a rogue prepper
Yes, I don't understand why some people has the bunker idea as a reliable alternative.

For how much time can you storage food there? And who will be providing you water? Electricity? Where will go all the poop once the shit tank is full? How will you pay that?
Let's guess you have all of that, what if you have a diarrhea and need to go to pharmacy? Or if you have a little accident and need to go to the hospital? Who will provide you the glorious internet?

Community life, I think, is the only path to go. And the issue will be finding enough people willing to do this way.

Panzerhund

Sparrow
The cities will become barren landscapes no matter who wins. There is no turning back for the urban areas. If you can get out into the rural areas and start connecting with people. Start at your local church and meet your sheriffs office. They are always willing to meet and discuss the local situation. Sheriff offices are much more conservative than police departments.

Moolooman

I’ve used this time (which I predicted years ago, just didn’t think it would happen in my life!) to acquire as many tools and skills as I can.

I first got on to this idea of manual upskilling from witnessing the amount of ‘men’ at hardware stores having to ask some spotty faced teenage staff member what a ratchet is... Really embarrassing stuff! I was also amazed at how seemingly capable men will buy rubbish quality Chinese made tools to just to save a couple of bucks. Literally a couple of bucks....

I think in these coming times, men will need to stand up and be men again. Paying some guy to hang a dryer up in your laundry is boarderline gay.

So in the last 6 months I’ve invested heavily in every tool I think I’ll ever need. I’ve even gone to swap meets and bought vintage hand crank drills in case we lose power.I have bought pretty serious stuff like DeWalt and Snap On and justify the extra expense by knowing that I’ve bought ‘forever tools’. And honestly good tools make everything easier.

It needs to be said, I’ve noticed that when women find out you’re a capable man that goes a long way. They treat you with more respect. It’s a primal thing. Just don’t get sucked in to do free jobs, there has to be a pay off :)

I think every proper man should start collecting and learning how to use serious tools, especially now, it doesn’t matter if you’re an Uber driver or CEO be a man.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
The cities will become barren landscapes no matter who wins. There is no turning back for the urban areas. If you can get out into the rural areas and start connecting with people. Start at your local church and meet your sheriffs office. They are always willing to meet and discuss the local situation. Sheriff offices are much more conservative than police departments.
I just asked a retired Police Officer who now works as a part-time sheriff who he suggests voting for County Sheriff in the Nov 3rd election - he recommended a solid Pro-Trump MAGA Republican conservative - he will have my vote.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Fascinating Atlas Survival Shelters YT Channel:

A Tornado Shelter you can "Spend-A-Night" In Comfortably...

Off Grid Survival Shelter:

Atlas Dome Bunkers "How to Live Underground in style !!"

Last edited: