Survival skills development for SHTF scenario

Tippy

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on survival skills such as:
hunting (wild animals such as squirrels and rats)
growing vegetables

I'm not sure where to start on this.

As well ideas any combat advice for when we may have to defend ourselves from the state coming door to door?

Any books on either topics (I imagine the second one will be a bit tricky) would be good.

Also some tips for stocking up would be useful.

Cheers!

Batman_

Kingfisher
As well ideas any combat advice for when we may have to defend ourselves from the state coming door to door?
AR-15s with extended mags.

Beyond that I wouldn't bother personally. If the world gets so bad that people have survive in the wilderness, there is a slim chance any given individual will make it far.

Might as well ride it out and enjoy the good times while they last then accept there's little that can be done in terms of prepping.

Last edited:

lasunsets

Sparrow
Catholic
There a lot of based Catholics, Orthodox Christians and Muslims who have been saying that we should invest in land (like a farm in the rural area) and get some chickens and grow our own vegetables that we have some sustenance once the Mark of the Beast is implemented on society.

Honestly, from my point of view, I'm hoping I either die in a state of grace before those days or I'll be a hermit or a monastic somewhere braving out the storm until Christ comes back again. Knowing my luck though, I'll probably be alive and so I'm also trying to learn more about basic survival skills.

Easy_C

Peacock
1) Network first. If you don’t have anywhere else to start my suggestion is to get a Harley and find a local Christian biker group in your area (every area except the smallest towns will have at least one).

2). Join a Homesteading group and begin practicing growing. It doesn’t hurt and you’ll pick up basic skills.

3). Most survival courses suck, so do your research. Of the good ones most of those will be weeklong or longer immersion courses. That aspect is important because you need to acclimate to being in wild conditions for extended periods of time.

4). Follow everything Popp says here (Note: He is an infantryman by profession and curses like one. But he knows his stuff).

kel

Banned
Numbers is what you need. Not a numerical advantage - you'll never have that against the state and its golem like antifa - but if you have a few hundred reliable people around you you can make getting rid of you messier than they'd like it to be (short of just nuking you, as Biden and Eric Swalwell and other goblins have suggested).

That's all that is truly resilient, and the good news is that same thing is what you need to survive and thrive in other senses - combat is only a small part of survival, and unfortunately one that prepper groups put too much emphasis on versus building a community, stitching up wounds, canning food, etc.

We need each other. You need your people more than any kind of weapon, and they need you.

aynrus

Banned
AR-15s with extended mags.

Beyond that I wouldn't bother personally. If the world gets so bad that people have survive in the wilderness, there is a slim chance any given individual will make it far.

Might as well ride it out and enjoy the good times while they last then accept there's little that can be done in terms of prepping.
When USSR collapsed all the wilderness and rural survival skills came extremely handy, yes it was so bad, and people in cities ate dogs and dug corpses up to put them in pies, but other people lived off the land OK.

aynrus

Banned
I already mentioned book "Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills" book
in Escape thread, you can buy a kindle/e-book edition too, hardcover is quite large as it got tons of illustrations and you can't travel with that hardcover if you take off overseas.
I'm not scared of SHTF and living off the land... nothing tragic about it...I sometimes lived this way when I was younger anyway. Ancestors lived like this until a little over 100 years ago.

Combat stuff won't help you much, forget it...in SHTF one will need to learn to have nice relations with some very bad folks and no guns will protect you from them. Combat-tive folks die first in SHTF, it's clever stealth folks live the longest. I won't bet much on anyone with attitude towards physical combat in SHTF, watched these drop like flies back in the 90s among mayhem.

Lol, hunting rats... big mousetrap. :)

Last edited:

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Personally don't think society is gonna ever get THAT bad in America that we are gonna be a 3rd world s hole county level of shtf... But... Generally...

Basic first aid and CLS skills. Get a quality IFAK

Basic fire arm competency is also a plus.

Hopefully you know someone who has experience with common medicines.

Hopefully you're not still living in an apartment in the city so some basic agriculture knowledge is a plus.

Basic camping skills and water purification skills are crucial too in s hypothetical situation.