Sweden's relationship with Russia

911

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
Samseau said:
Why would Russia invade Sweden, when Sweden is already doing a great job of destroying itself?

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Russia is more than content to let the West destroy itself before moving in for the carcass. Right now Russia is busy trying to survive with all of the sanctions against them.

Sweden is not the enemy of Russia, or vice versa, the globalists are the enemy of both people. They've demolished Russia for almost a century, killing nearly half their population and enslaving the rest, and now they're working on Sweden and the rest of western Europe.
 

Cane Toad

 
Banned
It's an interesting scenario...Russia rakes control of Sweden, Norway and Finland.

Geographically it looks viable. Russia would need to up it's game to get the job gone, but it's not out of the question.
 
Cane Toad said:
It's an interesting scenario...Russia rakes control of Sweden, Norway and Finland.

Geographically it looks viable. Russia would need to up it's game to get the job gone, but it's not out of the question.

I'd disagree, Sweden and Norway are very difficult to take and hold. Sweden has vast forested areas and thousands of lakes. Norway is 90% mountains. Sweden actually has a military goal of lasting 6 months in a war against Russia.
 

Rocha

Ostrich
Gold Member
Dulceácido said:
Russia can't even beat the Ukrainians... I think they'd have a hard time Sweden, Norway, and Finland.

Edit: Nomad beat me to it.

If shit hits the fan Russian army reach Kiev in less than a week. Those Tanks rolling over the Ukrainian plains...Crimea was won in a day, no shots fired.

A few Russian mercs in Donbass is not the Red Army.
 
Rocha said:
Dulceácido said:
Russia can't even beat the Ukrainians... I think they'd have a hard time Sweden, Norway, and Finland.

Edit: Nomad beat me to it.

If shit hits the fan Russian army reach Kiev in less than a week. Those Tanks rolling over the Ukrainian plains...Crimea was won in a day, no shots fired.

A few Russian mercs in Donbass is not the Red Army.

Yeah, Crimea went down uncontested, but after that as the Russians tried to continue their advance, we supplied the Ukrainians with tons of anti-tank and heavy weapons and the fight was on. Russians haven't moved since.

Russia says they're mercs, but the ones that have been captured were SPETZNATZ
 

Rocha

Ostrich
Gold Member
Dulceácido said:
Rocha said:
Dulceácido said:
Russia can't even beat the Ukrainians... I think they'd have a hard time Sweden, Norway, and Finland.

Edit: Nomad beat me to it.

If shit hits the fan Russian army reach Kiev in less than a week. Those Tanks rolling over the Ukrainian plains...Crimea was won in a day, no shots fired.

A few Russian mercs in Donbass is not the Red Army.

Yeah, Crimea went down uncontested, but after that as the Russians tried to continue their advance, we supplied the Ukrainians with tons of anti-tank and heavy weapons and the fight was on. Russians haven't moved since.

It is cool from you as an American to recognize the people of Donbas as Russians )))) I think Putin agrees )))
 

Cane Toad

 
Banned
nomadbrah said:
I'd disagree, Sweden and Norway are very difficult to take and hold. Sweden has vast forested areas and thousands of lakes. Norway is 90% mountains. Sweden actually has a military goal of lasting 6 months in a war against Russia.

Yeah, but that defensive geo also can work in favour of a stronger, slow moving force that uses it to lock up defensive positions.

Hypothetically, Russia would just need to control air space (which they could do with their ground systems), control sea access off the coast of Norway and then wait six months for a negotiated settlement.

Would NATO intervene? Maybe. But unlikely, given the risk of opening another front.
 

Rocha

Ostrich
Gold Member
Dulceácido said:
Isn't that what the fight's all about?

Actually no. Although Russian speaking, Donetsk/Lugansk never had claims to independence or joining the Russian Federation, until a Western/US backed coup d'etat threw down a democratically elected president, to put on power a junta which the first thing they did was abolish the Russian language, the mother tongue of those people.

Imagine if in Quebec the french language was forbidden or the other way around...

https://www.rt.com/news/minority-language-law-ukraine-035/
 
  • Like
Reactions: 911
Rocha said:
Dulceácido said:
Isn't that what the fight's all about?

Actually no. Although Russian speaking, Donetsk/Lugansk never had claims to independence or joining the Russian Federation, until a Western/US backed coup d'etat threw down a democratically elected president, to put on power a junta which the first thing they did was abolish the Russian language, the mother tongue of those people.

https://www.rt.com/news/minority-language-law-ukraine-035/

Well, maybe they're not Russians... But when the clowns shot down a civilian airliner with a RUSSIAN surface to air missile, we have intercepted radio communications between the missile operators talking to their RUSSIAN KGB handler and the Ukrainians have captured RUSSIAN Spetznatz on the battlefield... Pretty safe to say the Russians are handedly involved. Agree?
 

Rocha

Ostrich
Gold Member
Dulceácido said:
Rocha said:
Dulceácido said:
Isn't that what the fight's all about?

Actually no. Although Russian speaking, Donetsk/Lugansk never had claims to independence or joining the Russian Federation, until a Western/US backed coup d'etat threw down a democratically elected president, to put on power a junta which the first thing they did was abolish the Russian language, the mother tongue of those people.

https://www.rt.com/news/minority-language-law-ukraine-035/

Well, maybe they're not Russians... But when the clowns shot down a civilian airliner with a RUSSIAN surface to air missile, we have intercepted radio communications between the missile operators talking to their RUSSIAN KGB handler and the Ukrainians have captured RUSSIAN Spetznatz on the battlefield... Pretty safe to say the Russians are handedly involved. Agree?

Yes, Russia is involved, like they are in Transnistria, South Ossetia, Abkhazia or Nagorno Karabakh, but Ukraine also have those missiles, there is fuselage that seems to have been shot by a fighter, which could have only been Ukrainian...there is no clear evidence of the rebels being responsible for the downing of that plane.

Anyway, back to the previous post about Russia cant Ukraine, the number of air squadrons of the Russian Federation is bigger than the number of Ukrainian aircraft....as for tank
squadrons they even are above the US Army numbers.

You believe everything that the US state department issues?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 911
Rocha said:
Dulceácido said:
Rocha said:
Dulceácido said:
Isn't that what the fight's all about?

Actually no. Although Russian speaking, Donetsk/Lugansk never had claims to independence or joining the Russian Federation, until a Western/US backed coup d'etat threw down a democratically elected president, to put on power a junta which the first thing they did was abolish the Russian language, the mother tongue of those people.

https://www.rt.com/news/minority-language-law-ukraine-035/


Well, maybe they're not Russians... But when the clowns shot down a civilian airliner with a RUSSIAN surface to air missile, we have intercepted radio communications between the missile operators talking to their RUSSIAN KGB handler and the Ukrainians have captured RUSSIAN Spetznatz on the battlefield... Pretty safe to say the Russians are handedly involved. Agree?

Yes, Russia is involved, like they are in Transnistria, South Ossetia, Abkhazia or Nagorno Karabakh, but Ukraine also have those missiles, there is fuselage that seems to have been shot by a fighter, which could have only been Ukrainian...there is no clear evidence of the rebels being responsible for the downing of that plane.

Anyway, back to the previous post about Russia cant Ukraine, the number of air squadrons of the Russian Federation is bigger than the number of Ukrainian aircraft....as for tank
squadrons they even are above the US Army numbers.

You believe everything that the US state department issues?

Nope. I do not.

But there is compelling video of the exact same missile platform that was determined to have shot the plane down coming across the border with 3 missiles and returning across the border with only 2. That's a hell of a coincidence. Then there are the radio intercepts which have been broadcast all over the world. And then there are the captured Russian soldiers... Just trying to use logic here.
 
Why would you send out a radio transmission saying, "Oh shit! I think we just shot down a civilian airliner. There is luggage and plane seats and bodies falling all over." If that wasn't you? Then the person on the receiving end is KGB... Seems kinda unlikely. Where on earth would some rebels get a surface to air missile system?
 
The Supreme Commander of the Swedish Armed Forces kicked the Major General for speaking his mind in a news article and saying negative stuff about the defence and complaining it's too small. He thinks Sweden should try and build an army that will be equally strong as possible attacking nations, not let the size be dependent on the likelyhood of getting attacked or they could be fucked.

https://translate.google.se/transla...r-kritiskt-uttalande-om-forsvaret/&edit-text=
 
Cane Toad said:
That guy should be a comedian.

Well, not literally but that the army should be more on par with other nations who might attack. I think that's a reasonable opinion to have.

If you build a defence's size solely based on predictions and the likelyhood of getting attacked you might get fucked over when you expect it the least. And I don't know. Sweden could have had more than decent defence if they hadn't gotten rid of so many awesome fighter aircrafts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_JAS_39_Gripen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_37_Viggen
 

oilbreh

Woodpecker
Why on earth would Russia need to take over either country? Regarding ukraine seems to be a lot of cnn/rt in here, the truth is easily explained, especially 3 years later.
 

Cane Toad

 
Banned
oilbreh said:
Why on earth would Russia need to take over either country?

I'm sure Russia would want Norway...control of ports, oil, defensive positions etc. I would even guess that Sweden is just a first move to get Norway.
 
Top