T-Shirt Recommendations

Salinger

Kingfisher
I'm looking to buy some T-shirts (especially bar T-shirts) online but wanted to find a company that uses premium (soft) material.

Any recs from those who have previously purchased from these places?

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
Warning: I am more than a little OCD about clothing quality, so this may not be too helpful for your needs Salinger, but maybe some others will find this info helpful.

The best all-around high quality T-shirts are by 3Sixteen. Heavyweight, quality fabric, well-build, sturdy, and made in the USA. The company is also run by Christians (though lately they've been parroting race narrative talking points lately, so they lose a few points for that.) The difference between these T-shirts and your basic department store tee is vast - much softer, more durable, better draping. Your old tees will feel like scratchy paper in comparison. Their tees are usually sold in packs of 2, or about $35 apiece. So a little expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

There are better tees than 3Sixteen but they're more aimed at the truly obsessed. My personal favorites are by Warehouse, a Japanese vintage-style jeans company. Also Flat Head, Iron Heart, Merz B Schwanen, Studio D'Artisan, and Velva Sheen make great T-shirts, often with vintage-style materials and construction techniques.

If you're (understandably) hesitant about spending a mountain of cash on fancy Japanese T-shirts, you might try JCrew Jeans tees. I have a couple of these and the fabric is very nice, and they're affordable (especially with JCrew's frequent sales.) However, the construction is spotty and they're made in third-world countries. (I try to buy ethically made clothing that's going to last a long time but I realize that isn't feasible or desirable for a lot of people.)

kel

Ostrich
Warning: I am more than a little OCD about clothing quality, so this may not be too helpful for your needs Salinger, but maybe some others will find this info helpful.

I'd be interested in more recommendations, too, in this case. For the past several years I've been slowly trying to get my warddrobe higher quality, made in the US (or not in some offshore sweatshop at least), by as small and honorable of a company as possible, and made out of natural materials (linen, quality leather, wool, etc). I'm willing to pay more - lots more - for something that will hold up and fits well and aligns with my values.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
I'd be interested in more recommendations, too, in this case. For the past several years I've been slowly trying to get my warddrobe higher quality, made in the US (or not in some offshore sweatshop at least), by as small and honorable of a company as possible, and made out of natural materials (linen, quality leather, wool, etc). I'm willing to pay more - lots more - for something that will hold up and fits well and aligns with my values.

All of the brands I mentioned in my post make a wide range of clothing beyond T-shirts, so feel free to check them out. Usually guys get into this stuff via jeans and then go from there. Most of the best brands are Japanese and made in Japan by people who have an obsessive interest in vintage clothing.

For jeans, shirts, outerwear, etc. I like Warehouse, Full Count, TCB, Sugar Cane, Flat Head, and 3Sixteen, amongst others. For footwear, I'm a big fan of Wesco and John Lofgren boots, with Red Wing being a good "entry level" option. These are all Americana/"heritage workwear" type brands. If you prefer something a bit more dressed-up, Sid Mashburn is a store that sells lots of good stuff.

Searching for these brands will find you plenty of American retailers but a lot of them are shilling hard for BLM propaganda and that sort of thing so I'm more hesitant to recommend them than before. Try Denimio and Okayama Denim, these are based in Japan and sell most of the Japanese brands for good prices. Just make sure that you check measurements and compare to your own jeans/shirts/etc. that fit well.

Salinger

Kingfisher

The best all-around high quality T-shirts are by 3Sixteen. Heavyweight, quality fabric, well-build, sturdy, and made in the USA. The company is also run by Christians (though lately they've been parroting race narrative talking points lately, so they lose a few points for that.) The difference between these T-shirts and your basic department store tee is vast - much softer, more durable, better draping. Your old tees will feel like scratchy paper in comparison. Their tees are usually sold in packs of 2, or about $35 apiece. So a little expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

There are better tees than 3Sixteen but they're more aimed at the truly obsessed. My personal favorites are by Warehouse, a Japanese vintage-style jeans company. Also Flat Head, Iron Heart, Merz B Schwanen, Studio D'Artisan, and Velva Sheen make great T-shirts, often with vintage-style materials and construction techniques.

If you're (understandably) hesitant about spending a mountain of cash on fancy Japanese T-shirts, you might try JCrew Jeans tees. I have a couple of these and the fabric is very nice, and they're affordable (especially with JCrew's frequent sales.) However, the construction is spotty and they're made in third-world countries. (I try to buy ethically made clothing that's going to last a long time but I realize that isn't feasible or desirable for a lot of people.)

I checked out a few of these sites, and they are mostly selling unprinted shirts that cost a fortune. I'm really looking for quality, printed tee shirts at $35 and under.

Any recommendations there?

I was wearing Old Navy plain t-shirts for awhile but with their politics we've stopped shopping at these companies. Those shirts weren't heaven on earth but they were $4 or $5 a piece and did the job. Fit was good for a slim guy. If one got worn out or ripped, I just tossed it.

So if anyone can also recommend something along those lines that would be great.

Athanasius

Pelican
Life is Good T's are well made and very comfortable. Their prints are dreadful but you can get solid ones. These are thicker and more substantial than shirts you find elsewhere.

The fleece jackets and Heattech (regular and extra warm) layering shirts from Uniqlo (uniqlo.com) are comfortable, well made, and affordable. I haven't tried the T's but they are probably pretty nice too.

I avoid heather / heathered T's regardless of brand, as they feel scratchy. These are the ones that have the flecks of gray in them.