Technology: Good, bad or just a tool?

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
911 said:
Right wingers rejecting technology and modernism is a bit like leftists rejecting "capitalism", failing to separate the baby from the bathwater.

Capitalism is good, if it's reined in through antitrust and its political influence curtailed. Freemarket small-business capitalism is the basis for an economically healthy society.

Similarly, technology is good, if used as a tool and maintained under a healthy Christian moral framework as opposed to being worshiped in a darwinian/luciferian cultural and political framework. There is a right middle path between cavemen and transhumanist luciferian degenerates.
"I don't believe for one minute that technology is inherently anti-Christian. If anything, technology has been a constant thorn in (((their))) sides for decades. The internet, especially, originally had them very worried because it circumvented their platform gatekeeping.

It's a game they've played for millennia. Yes, this has happened in societies where the highest tech was the aqueduct." @Elipe

I like these two comments^^

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
Hot off the press: Technology being used for evil eugenics?

this stuff is just priming people for "the next one." I'm not saying it's wrong, but Fox News is generally LARPy garbage.

I like Ron Paul's original attitude-- maybe we should wait and see and tough out the hysteria. Not sure where Rand Paul's alliances lie.

I thought about the plot of "Atlas Shrugged" recently: all the money and power and talent of the world pulling out and destroying so they can rebuild it in their image. So those people nowadays are the Silicon Valley types.

Boomers who watch Fox News all day see this stuff and feel like they're living in a movie.

Sherman

Ostrich
Yesterday, Tucker Carlson asked for a criminal investigation of Fauci for his role in Covid 19. It is starting to become clear that Covid 19 was intentionally created by scientists. Science and technology are definitely evil. It’s the same Tower of Babel story. Man was kicked out of the garden for choosing knowledge over God. Man’s arrogance destroys himself and nature.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
this stuff is just priming people for "the next one." I'm not saying it's wrong, but Fox News is generally LARPy garbage.

I like Ron Paul's original attitude-- maybe we should wait and see and tough out the hysteria. Not sure where Rand Paul's alliances lie.

I thought about the plot of "Atlas Shrugged" recently: all the money and power and talent of the world pulling out and destroying so they can rebuild it in their image. So those people nowadays are the Silicon Valley types.

Boomers who watch Fox News all day see this stuff and feel like they're living in a movie.
I haven't had a Talmud Television for about 15 years plus, and don't watch any news. I don't trust Foxy Propaganda as I think they are just a different shade of evil. Boomers are reaping what they have sowed, but they will really get it when they leave this earth if they don't repent, especially since they facilitated retreat and defeatism for us to be traumatized.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Yesterday, Tucker Carlson asked for a criminal investigation of Fauci for his role in Covid 19. It is starting to become clear that Covid 19 was intentionally created by scientists.
I think a lot of scientists are just pressurized by an alien religion called Scientism.
Science and technology are definitely evil. It’s the same Tower of Babel story.
I see both science and technology as tools only, and that man's wickedness is using it weapons against Christendom.
Man was kicked out of the garden for choosing knowledge over God. Man’s arrogance destroys himself and nature.
Finite man trying to 'Lord' it over God infinite: Yes.

We see man 'knowing' better by re-defining man's nature, calling it good at heart (like a baby is a clean slate instead of being born into sin),
and that it is the environment that is sinful, causing man to sin. Such absurdity is suicide.

Good riddance to the Christ haters.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
We will soon not be able to breathe, according to neurosurgeon, Dr Jack Kruse:

"Edward Snowden figured out how the overall global plan for unifying operation Mockingbird and MKUltra would be deployed using new software programs that updates to these 1950s programs."

Towgunner

Kingfisher
I've been thinking a lot about the issue with Technology. Ordinarily, technology is a good thing. It makes our lives easier and better whether its automating otherwise back-breaking work or healthcare. For this reason, its impractical to reject technology and one has no practical grounding in doing so. Of course, that's not to suggest that, for instance, conservatives tend to be Luddites, because, none of us are. However, in this century technology for all its pluses has created a lot of negatives. For instance, the surveillance state. Also, technology disrupts conventional industries, which eliminates jobs that were once done by humans. Driverless cars seem promising and something we'd all desire, however, that would decimate the truck driving occupation. And as we wait for driverless cars, several white-collar professions have already been impacted by technology. Never mind a truck driver, Wall Street traders have already been affected by technology. That profession is basically obsolete.

Presidential candidate, Andrew Yang, drew a lot of attention by being the only politician willing to discuss the impact of technology on jobs. I'm sure I'd disagree with him on many things, as he is a filthy democrat, but, his stance on this issue is appealing to me.

What I think the fundamental issue here is this...we have to optimized technology for humans and not optimize technology for technology.

I believe our current society optimizes technology for technology's sake. It reminds me of old interviews with Edward Teller, who created the Hydrogen Bomb, who said he did this "in the pursuit of knowledge". Here we see an example of technology for technology's sake. As an alternative, I believe a "technology for humans" prerogative will account for the human component. I feel this will be necessary because technology has become so powerful so quickly its far outpacing the ability of humans to react. Under such conditions, the Wall Street traders jobs could be made a lot easier as opposed to outright abolishing it.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
I would like to see an alternative to truck driving. Perhaps highspeed railroads. I don't see truck driving as healthy for truck drivers. Sitting so long must be detrimental and the EMFs too are known to affect the well being of truck drivers.

Do you know if nanotechnology is true?

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
I would like to see an alternative to truck driving. Perhaps highspeed railroads. I don't see truck driving as healthy for truck drivers. Sitting so long must be detrimental and the EMFs too are known to affect the well being of truck drivers.

Do you know if nanotechnology is true?

I have some trucker uncles and one of them is in his early 90s now. I think he owned a diner for awhile too. The other one is in his 70s.
Some men really like the "open road" lifestyle.

It is just a tool, but it is a tool humanity has never had access to in our entire history. Go back even a mere 40 years and tell someone: "We've got these thin little boxes, that fit in your pocket, they can do anything you want them to..."

I heard someone describe computers once as: "These are real genies in the bottle, they can give you anything you want, you just need to know how to talk to them." That genies are basically jinns, which are demons, that statement gave me pause.

I feel this will be necessary because technology has become so powerful so quickly its far outpacing the ability of humans to react. Under such conditions, the Wall Street traders jobs could be made a lot easier as opposed to outright abolishing it.
Technology outpaced the ability of humans around the 1990s, if not a decade before. Today, technology is basically taking over, and is doing "mopping-up" operations against us bi-pedal bags of mostly-water...

In 5 decades we went from computers that fit inside multiple rooms and can crank out a some solutions to difficult math problems, to computers that fit in your pocket, and can access the entirety of human knowledge, smart cars that avoid bicycles without being programmed to, planes that land on their own, and the beginnings of serious quantum computers...

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
It is just a tool, but it is a tool humanity has never had access to in our entire history. Go back even a mere 40 years and tell someone: "We've got these thin little boxes, that fit in your pocket, they can do anything you want them to..."

I heard someone describe computers once as: "These are real genies in the bottle, they can give you anything you want, you just need to know how to talk to them." That genies are basically jinns, which are demons, that statement gave me pause.

Technology outpaced the ability of humans around the 1990s, if not a decade before. Today, technology is basically taking over, and is doing "mopping-up" operations against us bi-pedal bags of mostly-water...

In 5 decades we went from computers that fit inside multiple rooms and can crank out a some solutions to difficult math problems, to computers that fit in your pocket, and can access the entirety of human knowledge, smart cars that avoid bicycles without being programmed to, planes that land on their own, and the beginnings of serious quantum computers...
Do you know where a lot of these patents come from?

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
I've been thinking a lot about the issue with Technology. Ordinarily, technology is a good thing. It makes our lives easier and better whether its automating otherwise back-breaking work or healthcare. For this reason, its impractical to reject technology and one has no practical grounding in doing so. Of course, that's not to suggest that, for instance, conservatives tend to be Luddites, because, none of us are. However, in this century technology for all its pluses has created a lot of negatives. For instance, the surveillance state. Also, technology disrupts conventional industries, which eliminates jobs that were once done by humans. Driverless cars seem promising and something we'd all desire, however, that would decimate the truck driving occupation. And as we wait for driverless cars, several white-collar professions have already been impacted by technology. Never mind a truck driver, Wall Street traders have already been affected by technology. That profession is basically obsolete.

Presidential candidate, Andrew Yang, drew a lot of attention by being the only politician willing to discuss the impact of technology on jobs. I'm sure I'd disagree with him on many things, as he is a filthy democrat, but, his stance on this issue is appealing to me.

What I think the fundamental issue here is this...we have to optimized technology for humans and not optimize technology for technology.

I believe our current society optimizes technology for technology's sake. It reminds me of old interviews with Edward Teller, who created the Hydrogen Bomb, who said he did this "in the pursuit of knowledge". Here we see an example of technology for technology's sake. As an alternative, I believe a "technology for humans" prerogative will account for the human component. I feel this will be necessary because technology has become so powerful so quickly its far outpacing the ability of humans to react. Under such conditions, the Wall Street traders jobs could be made a lot easier as opposed to outright abolishing it.
I know I shouldn’t, but I will definitely feel a bit of schadenfreude when journalists are replaced with AI

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
This was found in the Men's Forum:

On this subject today, here's some fresh cringe Taylor Marshall posted on the subject. It defies description.

(Predictably, comments are disabled.)

Embarrassing for Catholics? There are two possibilities along these lines.

Here we go:

Vatican law to allow women as lay catechists

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS | May 15, 2021 at 2:59 a.m. [article link]

ROME -- Pope Francis on Tuesday formally created a new lay ministry to encourage greater participation of secular women and men in the teaching of the Catholic faith, especially in places where priests are in short supply.

The new law creating the lay ministry of catechists officially recognizes -- for the universal Catholic Church -- a practice that has been used for centuries in local dioceses, and goes out of its way to emphasize women's participation in it.

Earlier this year Francis issued another law decreeing that women can be installed in the lay ministries of lectors, to read Scripture, and acolytes to serve on the altar as Eucharistic ministers. Such roles had been officially reserved to men even though exceptions were made.

Francis has firmly upheld Catholic doctrine that women cannot be ordained priests. He remains under pressure, however, to allow women to be deacons -- ministers who perform many of the same functions as priests, such as presiding at weddings, baptisms and funerals. Currently, the ministry is reserved for men even though historians say the ministry was performed by women in the early church.

Tools are as inevitable as breathing. Imagine if fire and clothing wasn't invented. We can't even digest almost all food if we didn't cook.

Cooking is like an external secondary stomach.