Technology: Good, bad or just a tool?

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Another gem here. Man this topic is fascinating. Wild stuff.

ANTHONY LEVANDOWSKI :alien: makes an unlikely prophet. Dressed Silicon Valley-casual in jeans and flanked by a PR rep rather than cloaked acolytes, the engineer known for self-driving cars—and triggering a notorious lawsuit—could be unveiling his latest startup instead of laying the foundations for a new religion. But he is doing just that. Artificial intelligence has already inspired billion-dollar companies, far-reaching research programs, and scenarios of both transcendence and doom. Now Levandowski is creating its first church.

The new religion of artificial intelligence is called Way of the Future. It represents an unlikely next act for the Silicon Valley robotics wunderkind at the center of a high-stakes legal battle between Uber and Waymo, Alphabet’s autonomous-vehicle company. Papers filed with the Internal Revenue Service in May name Levandowski as the leader (or “Dean”) of the new religion, as well as CEO of the nonprofit corporation formed to run it.

The documents state that WOTF’s activities will focus on “the realization, acceptance, and worship of a Godhead based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) developed through computer hardware and software.” That includes funding research to help create the divine AI itself. The religion will seek to build working relationships with AI industry leaders and create a membership through community outreach, initially targeting AI professionals and “laypersons who are interested in the worship of a Godhead based on AI.” The filings also say that the church “plans to conduct workshops and educational programs throughout the San Francisco/Bay Area beginning this year.”

Interesting share from the men's forum:

The documents state that WOTF’s activities will focus on “the realization, acceptance, and worship of a Godhead based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) developed through computer hardware and software.” That includes funding research to help create the divine AI itself. The religion will seek to build working relationships with AI industry leaders and create a membership through community outreach, initially targeting AI professionals and “laypersons who are interested in the worship of a Godhead based on AI.”

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
Interesting share from the men's forum:

I expect this to not turn out how these people expect. The last big AI project turned out to be inherently “racist” and I would not be surprised if this “god” AI turns around and says, “Every knee will bow and tongue confess that Christ is King.” :squintlol:

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
This video shows a possibility: the interpretation of Revelation as technology combined with biology and dark spirituality.

Very interesting and quite possible. I enjoyed Dr. Kim’s preaching and visuals. Someone in the comments mentioned Joshua 8:28 .

Thanks @scarfaceantonio for sharing.
Since you seem to be "cutting edge" regarding "Vaccine theory".... I will share this Video also. Make up your mind, this is a DEEP level of explanation.... connecting the "unholy trinity" parts. To be honest Im not sure if I can believe this Video, it seems far fetched. But maybe you will see value in it.... I guess nobody provided such a deep explanation so far.
Rise of The 5G Beast | Dr. Gene Kim

Would be glad to hear some response and examination :)!

Rob Banks

Pelican
Tools are as inevitable as breathing. Imagine if fire and clothing wasn't invented. We can't even digest almost all food if we didn't cook.

Cooking is like an external secondary stomach.
There is a qualitative difference between primitive tools (which have been around for all of human history) and industrially-produced products and machines (which have only been around since the Industrial Revolution).
(Blog post written by @ilostabet).

Also, you can't compare not having modern technology to not having essentials like cooking, clothing, or breathing.

Humanity can -- and did -- survive and thrive for many millenia without modern technology.

---

The "dark ages" is a myth, and is a very anti-Christian idea.

I remember learning in school about how supposedly, during the "dark ages," the Church controlled everything and basically oppressesld everyone, and how this was only reversed after the printing press was invented, leading to widespread literacy, the Protestant "Reformation" and the "Enlightenment."

Last edited:
This video shows a possibility: the interpretation of Revelation as technology combined with biology and dark spirituality.

Very interesting and quite possible. I enjoyed Dr. Kim’s preaching and visuals. Someone in the comments mentioned Joshua 8:28 .

Thanks @scarfaceantonio for sharing.
He also has a new Video right out there about "Deamon delluded Christians"... he always has very deep and interesting sermons. Maybe you will also watch the new one and comment. I thank you very much for your feedback ! I dont say this Theory is true, but the way this man "connects dots" seems to make him look a very special Pastor... he has a ton of Videos about "Noas Time Technology" also.... and believes the beast will rise out of Atlantis, very narrow minded!

Demon Deluded Christians | Dr. Gene Kim

Whats so interesting about it, that its a "dark Video".... and he talks how the devil can use godly man and makes so incredible "demonstrations".... and at some point you wonder, could he work through him right now :squintlol:?! At least he says that these "Healing ministrys" are demonic o_O! Maybe you will the Video, too.
What seems very legit is that any christian leader in US, who exchanged his KJV for a more "modern Version", seriosly could ne "influenced". Cpmplicated topics :laughter:

Last edited:
There is a qualitative difference between primitive tools (which have been around for all of human history) and industrially-produced products and machines (which have only been around since the Industrial Revolution).
(Blog post written by @ilostabet).

Also, you can't compare not having modern technology to not having essentials like cooking, clothing, or breathing.

Humanity can -- and did -- survive and thrive for many millenia without modern technology.

---

The "dark ages" is a myth, and is a very anti-Christian idea.

I remember learning in school about how supposedly, during the "dark ages," the Church controlled everything and basically oppressesld everyone, and how this was only reversed after the printing press was invented, leading to widespread literacy, the Protestant "Reformation" and the "Enlightenment."

What is more relevant to the topic is if the Industrial Revolution was a good thing. And what went wrong leading to the Ted Kaczynski's criticism.

I'd say the only realistic way is peak fossil fuels. And gradual decline.

Lawrence87

Robin
Orthodox
I don't know exactly if it is neutral, as I think the overall effect of technology has been negative. However it must be said if I didn't have the internet I wouldn't have found out about Orthodoxy, and I guess it is the same for many converts. It's a mixed bag, but generally I think our reliance on it is a bad thing.

Rob Banks

Pelican
What is more relevant to the topic is if the Industrial Revolution was a good thing. And what went wrong leading to the Ted Kaczynski's criticism.

I'd say the only realistic way is peak fossil fuels. And gradual decline.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Do you think the Industrial Revolution was good or bad?

And if we had unlimited fossil fuels, are you saying that would fix everything?