Telegram Thread

Would you recommend Telegram to someone else?

• Yes

• No, it's not secure or private enough

• No, it's hard to use

• No, for another reason

• I don't know or never used it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blade Runner

Pelican
What's the angle or money making possibility for Durov (or investors) here? It's a really nice platform, looks great like Whatsapp, and most people will ditch Whatsapp in May or at least feel fine using telegram with a nice network to boot.

If you get a new phone, can you transfer your telegram just by username?

Also, since some of you know, is it not better to switch phone numbers every 5-10 years or is that something that will bring attention from the new number (which was someone else's old one) that you don't want?

What's the angle or money making possibility for Durov (or investors) here?

If you get a new phone, can you transfer your telegram just by username?

Yes.

I have used telegram for more than 5 years now, and I like the platform quite a lot. Open source clients with good UX (if you use Android, I recommend using the Telegram-FOSS client), well specified protocol, ability to have multiple accounts, and no known history of security problems - despite the consensus in the security community that the fact that they use homebrewed encryption is very bad, we're yet to see a serious security flaw with the platform. Though, with more and more people coming in, and drawing even more attention to it, I'm getting a little bit queasy.