TempleOS - God's Operating System

typtre

Robin
It is written in HolyC.

He's done this work because God told him to. According to the TempleOS charter, it is "God's official temple. Just like Solomon's temple, this is a community focal point where offerings are made and God's oracle is consulted." God also told Davis that 640x480, 16-color graphics "is a covenant like circumcision," making it easier for children to make drawings for God. God demands a perfect temple, and Davis says, "For ten years, I worked on programming TempleOS, full time. I finished, basically, and the last year has been tiny touch-ups here and there."
Within TempleOS he built an oracle called AfterEgypt, which lets users climb Mt. Horeb along with a stick-figure Moses. At the summit, a round scrawl of rapidly changing color comes into sight—the burning bush. Before it you should praise God. You can praise Him for anything, Davis says, including sand castles, snowmen, popcorn, bubbles, isotopes, and sand crabs.

Comes with an Eagle simulator.

Last edited:

skullmask

Woodpecker
I read a programmers blog post about it a while back. I don't have the link unfortunately, but I do remember some of what he took away from it. For one thing it just boggles the mind how he could have achieved this. One guy writing a compiler, operating system and developing a language for it is like a guy building a skyscraper by himself...

The OS has some interesting innovations. For one thing Holy C can also be used for scripting. You can also break into the code your program is running at any time, change or insert some code, and have it instantly compile and execute on resuming the program. It also blurs the distinction between terminal and windowing system. It natively supports windowing and according to that programmer making a window is far easier than in other OSes. Even more, instead of just basic ASCII style text files the OS supports a rich text format that allows images and even 3d meshes to be embedded in them.

It would be interesting if people of sound mind ever took this OS and tried incorporating a few of these innovations into Linux.

This guy is the genesis of "glowies" we owe him for that. He may have been mislead, but I can't make that conclusion. Watch the videos of him on bitchute to see what I mean.

kel

Ostrich
Saint Terry, killed by Kiwi Farms. Tragedy, for real. Disturbed but brilliant guy, and a true gem from when the Internet felt more fun and alive.

Huginn

Pigeon
IIRC, Terry was an atheist his whole life up until the time he became schizophrenic. I'm not trying to make the implication that faith in general correlates with schizophrenia. However, I find it quite interesting in Terrys case, since he was a very scientifically minded man, being a programmer and all.

His illness may have been a blessing in disguise. At least he had recieved the gift of faith since he found god and basically devoted his TempleOS to him, meaning he had found a purpose in life which he may have lacked before.