Testosterone and Fatherhood

KingDavid

Sparrow
This is what I do to protect my family. Everything else, is in Gods hands.
We're on the same page, a point was that when you have kids you're always on the defensive and all your attention is on protecting your family. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I believe women today are not quite yet accepting of what's coming and are still choosing lovey-dovey husbands with which they can be 'equals'.

If you go to third world countries which I'm sure you have, the beautiful women all have strong, masculine men and are submissive in a way rarely seen in the West today. When things get harder in the near future these men will be in high demand, and I'll get the woman I deserve.

There is no need to settle if you're young and masculine; that was the message. Know your worth, weigh your options, take your time.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
We're on the same page, a point was that when you have kids you're always on the defensive and all your attention is on protecting your family. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I believe women today are not quite yet accepting of what's coming and are still choosing lovey-dovey husbands with which they can be 'equals'.

If you go to third world countries which I'm sure you have, the beautiful women all have strong, masculine men and are submissive in a way rarely seen in the West today. When things get harder in the near future these men will be in high demand, and I'll get the woman I deserve.

There is no need to settle if you're young and masculine; that was the message. Know your worth, weigh your options, take your time.
It may seem a father is always on the defensive, and its partially true. But its not the whole picture.

I am committed with my whole being to groom the next generation of good men. That mindset and that role is certainly not defensive. Its as offensive and critical as it gets. Its the whole reason why the left is bent on destroying the family. Its why the fatherless nation is in turmoil. Its because in the end, without fathers - flesh or spiritual - we are only playing defense. At best. At worst, we are helping bring about the end of our times.

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
I am committed with my whole being to groom the next generation of good men. That mindset and that role is certainly not defensive. Its as offensive and critical as it gets. Its the whole reason why the left is bent on destroying the family. Its why the fatherless nation is in turmoil. Its because in the end, without fathers - flesh or spiritual - we are only playing defense. At best. At worst, we are helping bring about the end of our times.
Amazin'!

What have you got in mind?

I think if some men set up shop as leaders, with traditional values now they will face a lot of grief. But its going to have to happen. Right now people are in post modern bubbles which will pop. Such men need to be out there, living an example that works outside that bubble. Increasingly this will be the place young men with queries about the bubble will look. Rather than PUA, conspiracy etc.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Amazin'!

What have you got in mind?

I think if some men set up shop as leaders, with traditional values now they will face a lot of grief. But its going to have to happen. Right now people are in post modern bubbles which will pop. Such men need to be out there, living an example that works outside that bubble. Increasingly this will be the place young men with queries about the bubble will look. Rather than PUA, conspiracy etc.
I have not quite figured it out yet. I am partly just going with what comes to me at the time.

From my mid 20's to my mid 30's I volunteered with an native Indian group doing pre-trades training. It was essentially life skills, as many of the (mostly) boys had never learned. As a man who had grown up with an Indian father who stayed with my mom, it was a bit of a shock to see just how fucked up kids without dads could be. Having a masculine dad, who even though worked the rigs out of town a lot, still gave me someone to look up to, to learn from and get interests from.

For the smaller kids like my son, I try and engage their minds to see the future. Instead of saying, "Don't lie", I bring him into a story where trust become life and death. And I will tell him that the reason why I am working with him to build these codes is because one day he is going to have to teach his son. If he is asked what he wants to be when he grows up, he will say "A dada, like my dada". Its almost instinct for little boys to say this, and this needs to be encouraged their whole lives. To be a good man, like my dad.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
If that guy from blogger girl's family photo was scowling, you'd have no problem with him. He's a handsome dude, he's just not posed well in these pictures, and his haircut is lame. Change that stuff, and he's a masculine looking dude. There are plenty of pussy-looking guys out there, but I don't think he's one.

Christian couples always do goofy faces and poses in these sorts of cheesy Christmas card-grade photos. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
My first is about 4 months old, I've definitely noticed a sharp drop in sex drive although I wonder if that isn't just my system acclimation to the fact that we rarely have the opportunity to have sex anyway.

I've also figured out I can make her laugh by making a soy face, so hopefully she will continue to laugh at (not with) guys with that face in adulthood.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
My first is about 4 months old, I've definitely noticed a sharp drop in sex drive although I wonder if that isn't just my system acclimation to the fact that we rarely have the opportunity to have sex anyway.

I've also figured out I can make her laugh by making a soy face, so hopefully she will continue to laugh at (not with) guys with that face in adulthood.
What is "soy face"?

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
What is "soy face"?

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Ah shit, I know it.

In fact, I saw some pics of myself and my son from when he was a baby and noticed that I had my mouth open a few photos where I would be interacting with him face to face. It looked bad.

Interesting.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Ah shit, I know it.

In fact, I saw some pics of myself and my son from when he was a baby and noticed that I had my mouth open a few photos where I would be interacting with him face to face. It looked bad.

Interesting.
Yeah, thankfully it's one thing to make a silly face to make a baby laugh, another for a grown man to pose like that for a picture for no reason.

MtnMan

Woodpecker

I have a 10 month old, and I have felt like my T levels have probably dropped from time to time. I have not felt back to my normal self yet. I attribute most of this to lack of good sleep, and the extra stress dealing with the C-Virus BS has brought to life. I haven't worried about it too much, since she is getting much better sleep, and I am slowly catching up.

tractor

Interesting topic :laughter:

I think in my case, it's the opposite. Although I don't know what my T-level is or was. Never made any tests or something...

5-7 years ago...
I was in college, drank from time to time (sometimes a lot), excercised sporadically. Although in my "environment conscious" days, I never went fully vegetarian, I sometimes consumed soy milk and tofu.

Now...
I quit alcohol. Partly, because I don't want my little son to smell it. Partly, because I want to keep my immune system intact.
I exercise regularly (no gym, just 20 to 30 min with kettlebells at home - the best dad fitness in the world)
I try to eat more fruit und vegetables of the season
I also fast (whole day) at least once per month - fasting boosts your T like nothing else can.

So , I think I'm doing better now. However, when you're a parent, the lack of sleep is an issue at the early stage but if you stop poisoning yourself there's a high chance you'll be able to stay masculine.