Testosterone injections

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
That may be, but it’s also healthier to take some every day than once a week like injections. That’s much closer to how your body is used to processing T, a little each day rather than a big spike every seven days. I’ll report back in a month or two but thus far I really like this stuff.
That's why I would prefer a daily gel if I were to go to TRT. Supplements have not been proven to do any good.

jarlo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
That may be, but it’s also healthier to take some every day than once a week like injections. That’s much closer to how your body is used to processing T, a little each day rather than a big spike every seven days. I’ll report back in a month or two but thus far I really like this stuff.
I decided to go for one of the online TRT providers instead of the local men's health place for this reason - they would only do weekly injections which required going into the clinic, and I wanted to be able to inject myself every 3-4 days. Also about half the price.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I decided to go for one of the online TRT providers instead of the local men's health place for this reason - they would only do weekly injections which required going into the clinic, and I wanted to be able to inject myself every 3-4 days. Also about half the price.
Good idea. There is little reason to go into the clinic, most people do it themselves.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I don't believe that there are some herbs or anything else which will actually boost testosterone, although placebo is a powerful thing, I definitely would never dissuade someone from wanting to avoid relying on a synthetic substance to replace something in their body for the rest of their life.

Good luck to you Michael let us know how your bloodwork turns out if you don't mind.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I can promise the effect from pine pollen is not merely a placebo. For three days I've been taking a third to a half of a dropper early in the morning and I am full of energy all day. It seems to be helping with my allergies too. It feels better than TRT as well.

A couple questions: When getting, for arguments sake, a CBC ordered by a physician, will it include your test levels? I imagine it would? Second, did you guys who started testosterone treatment notice that you started developing acne or other skin ailments? I hear that's common.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
A couple questions: When getting, for arguments sake, a CBC ordered by a physician, will it include your test levels? I imagine it would? Second, did you guys who started testosterone treatment notice that you started developing acne or other skin ailments? I hear that's common.
I am not prescribed testosterone but a CBC (Complete Blood Count) is separate from a testosterone panel, which can (if asked) include free and total testosterone, SHBG, Prolactin, PSA, and Estradiol. The CBC is pretty much just to see where your hematocrit and hemoglobin are before starting TRT.
For a testosterone panel you will need to show the doctor why you want that.
Anyone in most states can order testosterone labs and a million others through Discounted labs.com. I have used it often.

I am not prescribed testosterone but a CBC (Complete Blood Count) is separate from a testosterone panel, which can (if asked) include free and total testosterone, SHBG, Prolactin, PSA, and Estradiol. The CBC is pretty much just to see where your hematocrit and hemoglobin are before starting TRT.
Anyone in most states can order testosterone labs and a million others through Discounted labs.com. I have used it often.
Great response. Thank you.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Great response. Thank you.
You're welcome. I had to get a new doctor who refused to continue labs that the previous doctor had been running so I had to get them myself on my own dime, but instead of paying the full price out of pocket, Discounted Labs will run it for less and they use Quest Labs which is an excellent lab all over the country. I think doctors these days are told what to do by the insurance companys and apparently that includes blood tests now.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Acne and other skin conditions are largely genetic. I never had major acne during my youth... I have been on TRT (usually 200mg a week and have gone experimented from 100 mgs a week up to 300 mgs a week for) and I take anastrozole to prevent excess aromatization. I didn't ever have issues with acne. Most of the "side effects" of T are not "side effects" of Testosterone, but the resulting increase in Estrogen as your body will convert some to estrogen to balance out the hormonal system.

ETA @MichaelWitcoff I hope the experiment works. I would expect you to actually be able to tell after about 3 weeks off T. Its likely also that your own natural production is not completely shut down depending on chronicity of use.... I have found when I have gone off for 3 weeks or so for blood work evals for insurance, first 2 weeks I notice nothing. week 3 I am tired. By end of week 3 i am wrecked.

You're welcome. I had to get a new doctor who refused to continue labs that the previous doctor had been running so I had to get them myself on my own dime, but instead of paying the full price out of pocket, Discounted Labs will run it for less and they use Quest Labs which is an excellent lab all over the country. I think doctors these days are told what to do by the insurance companys and apparently that includes blood tests now.
There's Quests all over the place. Good to know they use a reputable lab. The healthcare industry is bonkers in the US. These drug companies definitely give the MD's kickbacks. The insurance companies are the Puppet Masters pulling all the strings. They choose which drugs they'll pay for lots of times regardless of what the doctors are writing for. And I wonder how they decide which meds to cover and not cover? We can only venture to guess. But I'm sure someone's palms are getting greased big time somewhere down the line when it comes to making those decisions. Okay, I'm rambling...

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Who do people prefer enanthate/cypionate over taking for example undecanoate weekly? Seems like you will get a much more stable e2 with weekly U than biweekly E or C.
Cypionate is the standard medicine for injections. Enth is also something Dr's will provide you with, and both half lives are roughly the same. So firstly its about what you can get a Dr. to send you a prescription for. Secondly you can take an AI like Anastrozole to deal with the fluctuation.

Cyp/Enth and Anastrozole will run you $75 for 10 weeks of 200mg a week (this will put you at high normal or above supra-physiological levels 1000-1200 mg free) also taking the Anastrozole will lower SHBG and provide more Free testosterone in your blood.

CONVERSELY:
More frequent administrations of appropriate doses provides the best balance between immediate relief and keeping all other hormones in check. FOR INSTANCE: the ideal injection schedule would be very small daily injections sub-Q with insulin pins that mimics the pulsatile wave of production in your own body. Longer acting esters basically mimic the high then low pattern of a wave crashing.

Personally 2x a week is super easy to do: Sunday Moring and Weds night for me... 1/2mg anastrozole the next day.