Testosterone injections

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Doc got me on 200mg of Test Cyp every 14 days. I wonder if it's gonna take me to the upper physiological levels. Not sure, however, if more frequent doses would be better.

It’s not ideal but it works, your levels just won’t be as stable with that method which is bad for side effects among other things.

Are you doing the injects yourself? If so just get the script and micrdose every day or at the least do 50mg twice a week.

Everyone is different only bloodwork will tell you what it’s going to put your levels at and anybody who says otherwise is just guessing based on their own experience or others. But more importantly than the numbers on a piece of a paper is how you feel.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
If you want your grapes turning into raisins, low sperm count, and other issues, shoot that T Cypionate.

Actually new studies show that elevated testosterone levels are conducive to fertility, including ones induced by exogenous test. Your statement sounds like government sponsored high school scare billboard. I definitely don’t endorse the use of test unless it’s deemed you have a disorder, mind you I’m on test myself and I wish I wasn’t, but there is very little truth in what you said.

bmw633

Woodpecker
Actually new studies show that elevated testosterone levels are conducive to fertility, including ones induced by exogenous test. Your statement sounds like government sponsored high school scare billboard.
No, personal experience. There are more studies that show long term problems.

You guys under 40, with no kids, need to be aware that there is a price to amp up your hormones.

My sperm count after 10 years of T Cypionate injections were almost nonexistent. A recent study showed that it may take 3 years for sperm count to recover after chronic anabolic steroids. I am at year 2 off steroids, plan to see if there is any improvement.

You might not want to have kids now, but things in life may change. My testicles are back to a normal size, but were atrophied while on T Cypionate.

Your body can convert high doses of testosterone to estrogen, prolactin, and other sex hormones that guys shouldn't have high levels of.

But, it is your body, a temple of the Holy Spirit.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich

You guys under 40, with no kids, need to be aware that there is a price to amp up your hormones.

My sperm count after 10 years of T Cypionate injections were almost nonexistent. A recent study showed that it may take 3 years for sperm count to recover after chronic anabolic steroids. I am at year 2 off steroids, plan to see if there is any improvement.

You might not want to have kids now, but things in life may change. My testicles are back to a normal size, but were atrophied while on T Cypionate.

Your body can convert high doses of testosterone to estrogen, prolactin, and other sex hormones that guys shouldn't have high levels of.

I have been on TRT for 2 years. Started the month after getting out of the military, had a lot of physical issues, some mental ones as well and was dealing with a lot of depression which is common with vets post military service as well as some life issues i had going on. Was 100% the right thing for me...but then again I knew everything I needed to know before I made the decision and was already very well informed having used steroids in my youth and didnt know what I was doing. For me it was not an issue with fertility at all. impregnated my ex wife on the 2 times we were not wearing condoms (Marine Corps Ball and Post delployment drunk binges in both cases)

I am 31. I have 2 boys already. My sperm count is fine. I added additional HCG under the suggestion of my doctor (I've got the number 1 guy in the country for male fertility and testosterone here in Houston) so that after having been on for two years and planning on being on it for life, the risks have been mitigated...

I dont advocate for or against it but there are lots of anecdotal 1 off experiences that dont match studies. Having your T dialed in to above 800 is the "theraputic" level and you can find the positive affect on all cause mortality that an elevated (but not in abusive range)

..and a lot of doctors who dont know what they are prescribing and give poor protocols/ dont understand the timinig/ other factors....

Most of the clinics are better than MOST of the standard PCP's out there as far as giving you accurate dosages.

I dont know your circumstances, but IF you really needed it, one you go on, you'll never want to come off because its just such a better quality of life. (I am not talking about abusive levels either) If you are converting T to E in excess levels, you take an aromitase inhibitor. There is a range you have to keep in check... but if your T is at the appropriate dose, you dont aromatize to the degree where you are gonna get Gynocamastia.

So really it all comes down to knowledge and education vs just taking steroids for vanity sake.

Being on TRT doesnt exclude you from being a good Christian anymore than taking blood pressure medicine does.

It’s not ideal but it works, your levels just won’t be as stable with that method which is bad for side effects among other things.

Are you doing the injects yourself? If so just get the script and micrdose every day or at the least do 50mg twice a week.

Everyone is different only bloodwork will tell you what it’s going to put your levels at and anybody who says otherwise is just guessing based on their own experience or others. But more importantly than the numbers on a piece of a paper is how you feel.
Yes, I decided to run 50mg E3.5D. Having already pinned myself a couple of years ago, I'm quite confident in doing it now.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
Do not do 100 every two weeks.

If you are going to use the drugs, go to a clinic and have them give you the standard of 200mg a week. Split it into 2 shots. I do Sunday morning and Weds night. If you need info on what to look out for/what these things cost to do out of pocked I can give some input offline from my experiences. I have a stellar doctor I go to now every 4 months for bloodwork and IF you are going to go down that path I would suggest a good doctor face to face instead of a clinic after you've got the initial prescription.

200 mg a week will put you at the high end of normal to super-physiological levels (total T somewhere around 1100 to 1200). There where you want to be. I had my last bloodwork done the morning before my afternoon shot, was right at 1204, which my doctor was good with.

Split it for estrogen management sake so you don't spike the E2.

PM with more questions if you'd like. I am not suggesting or advocating, but for my own experiences, TRT was one of the best decisions I have made regarding my own mental health/sleep/physical well being ect....
Thanks, I appreciate it. If I have any questions, I'll reach out to you, but this is helpful information.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member

You’ve got me in a weird position here where I have to defend the use of testosterone. I say that because I am actually vehemently against the use of testosterone unless you absolutely have tried everything and still have basement test levels, as in you have a real medical issue. I say this as a user of testosterone which I would never suggest to anyone casually and actually dissuade anyone who asks me about using it and steroids in general.

That being said I think your expierence is very individual and while I don’t know your history of steroid use I would venture to say that it was significantly more than just a replacement level of testosterone that brought it to that. Also I would say you would have had issues regardless, to a much lesser extent though obviously, as I have more than one friend who knocked his wife up more than once on a full blown cycle blast let alone a replacement dose and there are countless examples online.

Again definitely not advocating use and not saying you are wrong but I think your personalized experience is leading you to sensationalize it. But I don’t blame you, messing with your hormone levels is a nasty thing to start doing which you can’t really look back from.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Do not do 100 every two weeks.

If you are going to use the drugs, go to a clinic and have them give you the standard of 200mg a week. Split it into 2 shots. I do Sunday morning and Weds night. If you need info on what to look out for/what these things cost to do out of pocked I can give some input offline from my experiences. I have a stellar doctor I go to now every 4 months for bloodwork and IF you are going to go down that path I would suggest a good doctor face to face instead of a clinic after you've got the initial prescription.

200 mg a week will put you at the high end of normal to super-physiological levels (total T somewhere around 1100 to 1200). There where you want to be. I had my last bloodwork done the morning before my afternoon shot, was right at 1204, which my doctor was good with.

Split it for estrogen management sake so you don't spike the E2.

PM with more questions if you'd like. I am not suggesting or advocating, but for my own experiences, TRT was one of the best decisions I have made regarding my own mental health/sleep/physical well being ect....
Some don't need to be that high to feel good, but that's a very nice level!

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Some don't need to be that high to feel good, but that's a very nice level!
That's 100% correct. Some folks feel GREAT (tony the tiger style) at 600... I was 571 pre Trt and felt poor, but there were a confluence of factors involved...mostly sleep (needed a cpap) stress (post really nasty divorce) and life change (post military to civilian transition, loss of status/goals/importance/ect...) i got tested again pre-prescription and was 615. I proceeded anyway and got a clinic involved as I was not able to sleep well at all for a couple years/had lots of self esteem issues (where i didnt have them from my pre-mairrage /divorce life) and had some other issues inivovled. . Every doctor is gonna say that it was a bad/incorrect choice. And they are probably right for a medical journal point of view....

Still I proceeded anyway. Zero regrets... 1 week post TRT, those issues all gone....this is/was way easier than the other medicines the VA/doctors were suggesting at that time. (hard core sleep aids that turn you into a zombie and uppers to wake you back up... )

Anyway, everyone is different. but a dose of 200 mg a week or even 150 a week will keep you in the appropriate ranges. 100-150 is where i'll go down to when i am done with the athletic endeavors i'm engaged in....but both are within the "standard prescribed" dose for men on TRT.

In general : dont do it. Get your diet and exercise regime in check first. Then see if that is lacking.

If you approach it like taking any other drug, that you''ll be on for the rest of your life... its pretty straight forward...

but if you think its the fountain of youth and doesnt come with its own health risks... you need to do more research.

That being said... that was all MY experience. I have heard of horror stories also. So in general : research and prepare your mind before you go down that road...

PUA_Rachacha

Woodpecker

You should've taken hcg will on TRT. This is basic TRT 101

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Just go UGL if you feel comfortable with it. You already know what dosage to take to have your desired levels.
Do not do this.

It is neither legal nor safe.

Go to a clinic that allows you to self administer. Pay the money, get the doctor there to run your labs. You can find all sorts of websites/advertisements for this. This is the best way to go for health/legality. I think Royal Medicine or something like that does regular bloodwork as part of the plan.

Actually I found out they come in glass vials. Should I backload the syringes or is there another option?

bmw633

Woodpecker
How did it go getting off of it? My doctor retired and I am having a difficult time getting a prescription refilled.
It took several months for my Testosterone, LH and FSH to return to normal. My motivation was meeting and marrying my young wife, who wants kids.

Here is a recent article about taking up to 3 years for sperm to recover from anabolic steroids:

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
It took several months for my Testosterone, LH and FSH to return to normal. My motivation was meeting and marrying my young wife, who wants kids.

Here is a recent article about taking up to 3 years for sperm to recover from anabolic steroids:

Why did you go on in the first place if everything was normal

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Pelican
Gold Member
That's 100% correct. Some folks feel GREAT (tony the tiger style) at 600... I was 571 pre Trt and felt poor, but there were a confluence of factors involved...mostly sleep (needed a cpap) stress (post really nasty divorce) and life change (post military to civilian transition, loss of status/goals/importance/ect...) i got tested again pre-prescription and was 615. I proceeded anyway and got a clinic involved as I was not able to sleep well at all for a couple years/had lots of self esteem issues (where i didnt have them from my pre-mairrage /divorce life) and had some other issues inivovled. . Every doctor is gonna say that it was a bad/incorrect choice. And they are probably right for a medical journal point of view....

Still I proceeded anyway. Zero regrets... 1 week post TRT, those issues all gone....this is/was way easier than the other medicines the VA/doctors were suggesting at that time. (hard core sleep aids that turn you into a zombie and uppers to wake you back up... )

Anyway, everyone is different. but a dose of 200 mg a week or even 150 a week will keep you in the appropriate ranges. 100-150 is where i'll go down to when i am done with the athletic endeavors i'm engaged in....but both are within the "standard prescribed" dose for men on TRT.

In general : dont do it. Get your diet and exercise regime in check first. Then see if that is lacking.

If you approach it like taking any other drug, that you''ll be on for the rest of your life... its pretty straight forward...

but if you think its the fountain of youth and doesnt come with its own health risks... you need to do more research.

That being said... that was all MY experience. I have heard of horror stories also. So in general : research and prepare your mind before you go down that road...

I was ~300 2 years ago before going on clomid, now ~550 which is OK but would rather be higher. But I want to have more kids and where I'm at now is adequate for the time being to not risk permanent effects on fertility. Once the wife and I have another kid or two I'll go on TRT for sure, would like to get up around 1000. I'm mid 30s but pretty sure I've had low T my whole life even in my late teens/early 20s, just didn't recognize the symptoms until a few years ago.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
I was ~300 2 years ago before going on clomid, now ~550 which is OK but would rather be higher. But I want to have more kids and where I'm at now is adequate for the time being to not risk permanent effects on fertility. Once the wife and I have another kid or two I'll go on TRT for sure, would like to get up around 1000. I'm mid 30s but pretty sure I've had low T my whole life even in my late teens/early 20s, just didn't recognize the symptoms until a few years ago.
I would look into getting a script for hcg to keep the LH going so you can do both. (Not a doctor and not medical advice but this can be done and is done by many)