Thanksgiving 2021

PineTreeFarmer

Sparrow
Woman
What are you Thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I'm Thankful for the health of my family and friends, all the new babies that God brought healthy into this world this year, my own amazing children, and that God continues to provide for our family.
And each and every one of you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
What are you Thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I'm Thankful for the health of my family and friends, all the new babies that God brought healthy into this world this year, my own amazing children, and that God continues to provide for our family.
And each and every one of you!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Definitely all of these same things!

This is a strange Thanksgiving. I am actually going to spend it alone... but that's not a bad thing. You may remember that my dad passed away one month ago today. Since then, I have had virtually zero alone time.... only twice have I been alone for more than two or three hours. I am a deeply introverted individual who craves alone time even when things are going well. In this time of grief, I have been desperately needing a significant block of time in which to process and mourn.

That's where Thanksgiving is coming in. We live 300 miles from any family. My siblings are out of state, and Mom is spending the time with her sister. When my husband asked if I was feeling up to driving to his family and staying the four-day weekend, I immediately asked if he would be okay with taking the kids and leaving me home. He was willing to bless me in this way. It might sound weird to more extroverted types, but this solitary time is EXACTLY what I am needing right now. No pressure; no small talk; just time to begin healing. I'm very thankful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :)

PineTreeFarmer

Sparrow
Woman
Definitely all of these same things!

This is a strange Thanksgiving. I am actually going to spend it alone... but that's not a bad thing. You may remember that my dad passed away one month ago today. Since then, I have had virtually zero alone time.... only twice have I been alone for more than two or three hours. I am a deeply introverted individual who craves alone time even when things are going well. In this time of grief, I have been desperately needing a significant block of time in which to process and mourn.

That's where Thanksgiving is coming in. We live 300 miles from any family. My siblings are out of state, and Mom is spending the time with her sister. When my husband asked if I was feeling up to driving to his family and staying the four-day weekend, I immediately asked if he would be okay with taking the kids and leaving me home. He was willing to bless me in this way. It might sound weird to more extroverted types, but this solitary time is EXACTLY what I am needing right now. No pressure; no small talk; just time to begin healing. I'm very thankful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :)
I hope you're enjoying your time

PineTreeFarmer

Sparrow
Woman
Thank you! I am. Some crying; some facing of hard things; but also some nice relaxation and the ability to get some extras done. :)
My parents got divorced when I had my second child, 10 years ago, and my father who was always very close moved across the country and I don't even see him once a year. It's not a death, but it definitely feels like something vital was wrenched away from me.

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
My parents got divorced when I had my second child, 10 years ago, and my father who was always very close moved across the country and I don't even see him once a year. It's not a death, but it definitely feels like something vital was wrenched away from me.
I understand. I have thought often about children of divorce during this time, actually. I was fortunate to have my folks married for 50 years... but so many of my generation are not that fortunate, and the fact that they needed to learn to live with not having both parents together has become a pain that I feel like I can relate to more now. :(