The abortion thread

Abortion is given too much emphasis in discussions of chastity and sexual morality, allowing us to pretend that this one issue would fix our problems, when in fact The Pill, mass promiscuity, and the acceptance of premarital sex and living in sin, are far more dangerous. Anyway, in 2021, abortion is the choice of the extremely lazy or incompetent, as there are a handful of other techniques women can use to live a promiscuous lifestyle without ever having an abortion.

I personally believe life begins at birth, not at conception. And in that light, I don't have any problem with preventing pregnancy in cases of incest or rape.

Abortion is bad, but I only wish abortion to become illegal if it is paired with restrictions on premarital sex. Otherwise, we will end up with a country that is made up of bastards and mistreated children (the majority of Americans born today already are bastards). But I understand there are those who believe life begins at fornication.

However, by focusing on abortion, we ignore other actions that achieve the same evils abortion does. The pill is far more damaging and evil than abortion, and is indeed how most women choose to control pregnancy (while at the same time chemically altering their body and in many cases damaging their fertility). Of course there are a variety of "morning after pills" and various contraception methods that women can use to achieve the same goals, as well, which are never talked about in abortion discussions.

I agree that the fixation on abortion and these "pro abortion" protests are grotesque, but it's also easy to imagine a world where the primitive surgical abortion does not exist at all, where the methods are different but the ends are the same. A world where sexual recreation is free and pervasive, and women have numerous options to live out a promiscuous life and cheat the natural reproductive process, all while avoiding marriage and commitment.

Anti-abortion laws seem like the typical Republican solution to something--a popular bandaid idea that appeals to voters but does nothing at all to address the underlying problem, and may actually make things worse. Is there any leader today calling for repealing divorce, criminalizing or even punishing premarital sex? Instead, it is rewarded by our tax laws and social welfare services.

It is one step in a long series of steps.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Amelia-Website-e1580505313617.png

Christian Pastor: It’s Okay to Kill Babies in Abortion Because Women’s Bodies “are Sacred”​

The Rev. Amelia Fulbright preaches sermons about abortion several times a year to her Texas congregation.

But unlike most pastors, instead of advocating for the lives of unborn babies, she encourages Christians to support abortion.

In an interview with The Cut, Fulbright said she supports abortion because she believes women’s bodies are “sacred.”

“I believe so deeply in the dignity of every person, that our bodies are so sacred,” she said. “I just feel like I have no choice but to speak.”

But Fulbright does not believe in the dignity of babies in the womb.

She told The Cut that she grew up in a conservative Christian household to pro-life missionary parents. After moving from Zambia to North Carolina, she said her family began attending a church where they celebrated Sanctity of Life Sunday every year.

Then, in college, philosophy courses and feminists began challenging her Christian beliefs. Seeking answers, she said she enrolled in seminary.

According to the interview:

There, she learned that Jewish teaching held that until a baby’s first breath, the life of its mother took precedence. For Fulbright, this was revelatory. She realized that her religious upbringing had always implicitly taught the opposite. In ways large and small, women were meant to sacrifice their lives — their needs and hopes and desires — for their children.

What the interview did not mention was that this is just one interpretation of Jewish teachings. Many rabbis teach that abortion is wrong because it destroys an innocent human life, created in the image of God. The mother’s life is valuable but so is her child’s, even before birth.

The interview with Fulbright also hinted at the claim that Christians only recently began opposing abortion in the 1970s and ’80s because of politics, but this also is untrue. While some Christians throughout history have rejected the truth about the value of unborn babies and the evil of abortion, Christianity always has opposed abortion.

However, Fulbright was convinced that the pro-life position was oppressive. Now, she said she gives sermons about “reproductive rights” several times a year at her church, the Congregational Church of Austin.

She said she tells her congregation that “the best any of us can do when we’re talking about abortion is to draw from what we feel are the core teachings of scripture.”

Fulbright said she believes Jesus’ ministry was centered around “liberating people from systems and structures that oppress them, whether that was the poor or the women whom he brought into the center of his teaching when that was seen as taboo by religious authorities.”

She advocates for abortion in other ways, too, including by praying at the Whole Woman’s Health abortion facility in Austin and urging other pastors to get involved through the pro-abortion organization Just Texas.

In addition, she has “testified many times against restrictive legislation before the Texas government, written pro-choice op-eds, trained fellow pastors in how to talk about reproductive rights at church, and worn her clerical collar to protests,” according to the report.

Right now, Fulbright is working hard advocating against the Texas heartbeat law. The law protects unborn babies from abortion once their heartbeats are detectable, about six weeks of pregnancy. Pro-life leaders estimate it has saved thousands of babies’ lives since Sept. 1 and has the potential to save tens of thousands more.

Fulbright is correct that Jesus cared about the oppressed, but she fails to recognize that babies in the womb are the most oppressed human beings today. Every year in America alone, nearly 1 million are killed in abortions. Since 1973, nearly 63 million have been killed.

The Bible recognizes unborn babies as valuable human beings in Luke 1:41, Genesis 25:21-22, Psalm 22:10-11 and other passages. Jesus placed great value on children when others in society did not in Matthew 19:14, and Proverbs 6:16-17 states that one of the things God hates most is the shedding of innocent blood. One of the ten commandments prohibits murder.

Science also backs up the belief. Biologically, it is well accepted that a living human being with his/her own unique DNA comes into existence at the moment of conception. Scientists, biology textbooks and other expert sources agree, and it is a reason why many non-religious people also believe abortion is wrong.

Christians and other pro-lifers fight against abortion because they know that abortion is a violent, oppressive injustice against a defenseless child in the womb.

MartyMcFly

Woodpecker

Christian Pastor: It’s Okay to Kill Babies in Abortion Because Women’s Bodies “are Sacred”​

I am not shocked. There are a lot of fake churches. I looked up the church. It is progressive. I used to think progress was a positive word, not I tend to hate that word. Same goes for inclusive and tolerant.

Rooted in faith. Progressive in action.

"Since our founding in 1908, University Baptist Church has been known as one of Austin’s progressive voices of faith. We are rooted in our Christian (and particularly Baptist) tradition, which informs our actions in our lives, city and world. We understand Christ calls us, through the Spirit who speaks to us today and through the inspiration of the Scripture, to care the poor and meek, speak out against injustices in our world, and to be radically inclusive of all of God’s children."

I am not shocked. There are a lot of fake churches. I looked up the church. It is progressive. I used to think progress was a positive word, not I tend to hate that word. Same goes for inclusive and tolerant.

"Since our founding in 1908, University Baptist Church has been known as one of Austin’s progressive voices of faith. We are rooted in our Christian (and particularly Baptist) tradition, which informs our actions in our lives, city and world. We understand Christ calls us, through the Spirit who speaks to us today and through the inspiration of the Scripture, to care the poor and meek, speak out against injustices in our world, and to be radically inclusive of all of God’s children."

Pray that God will annihilate those skinsuit pretenders. Claiming God's name but actually in flagrant rebellion.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
The SCOTUS's Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization case started this morning where oral argument was presented by the attorneys. The case seems to trigger a lot of people.

A woman recounts her experience of murdering babies in the womb as part of the one child policy:

"The Policy was a good policy, it was a correct National Policy. The leader at the time was really brilliant. If we hadn't done that the country really would have perished"

"But it was a grand scheme. No matter how heart broken we must value the great scheme. Just like fighting in a war, how many people have we killed isn't it. Aren't they the same thing? We fought a population war"

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer

Any progression is progression away from Christ. If the truth is objective, universal and revealed definitively in Christ, what progression is there to be made? Progression is nihilist/atheist/Satanic, a crossing of boundaries again and again looking for some worldly utopia that can never manifest.

A woman playing dress-up. In the same way a woman with a crown and royal robes and sitting on a Throne somehow doesn't make her in any way a King. The guards will simply take her away.

Or wearing stolen or copied Priestly Garb claming commission with all the implements of a Traditional Church would make her a Priest either.