The abortion thread

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
This book sounds disturbing:

Thankfully, the book doesn't seem to be very popular. Only 5 people gave it reviews on Goodreads. All 5 ratings are 5 star making me guess 4 didn't actually read the book and just want to show support for abortion:

Stoyan

Pelican
Orthodox
I was prompted to review the abortion rates in the world and was surprised Russia was the nr 1 and about 8 out of the top 10 were former Soviet countries. In fact, in the 30s when abortion already had been legalized by the Soviets as first modern country in the world, there were 1 to 2 million abortions each year. Now it is a factor 4 to the US, where of course already are a lot of abortions. Compared to the 600.000 of the US Russia would have 2.5 + with the same population each year!

It is interesting that a Russian (pre-revolutionary) proverb says basically something like, a mother would never kill her children, or would never harm her children. It means that the mother gives all her life for her own children, all her efforts. They don't mean literally "kill", but the meaning is rather that parenting takes a lifetime of self-sacrificial service for your children. The point of this proverb is to show the altruism of the parents, and that children must respect their parents for that.

Number one bummer

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Gold Member
Leaked Supreme Court Draft

“We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled. The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision....”

Roe was egregiously wrong from the start. Its reasoning was exceptionally weak, and the decision has had damaging consequences. And far from bringing about a national settlement of the abortion issue, Roe and Casey have enflamed debate and deepened division. It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
They found the guy who leaked it. Likely an incel:

The Twitterati blue check marks are going off about what a hero he is, but others realize what a serious blow this is to the confidentiality of the court deliberations.

He will likely be disbarred and possibly face federal prosecution.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian

The Twitterati blue check marks are going off about what a hero he is, but others realize what a serious blow this is to the confidentiality of the court deliberations.

I wonder if he will have to flee to another country like Snowden did or face years in prison. It is risky to leak government documents.

rouchno1fan

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
This book sounds disturbing:

Thankfully, the book doesn't seem to be very popular. Only 5 people gave it reviews on Goodreads. All 5 ratings are 5 star making me guess 4 didn't actually read the book and just want to show support for abortion:

Author​

Carly Manes (she/her) is a white, queer, Jewish full-spectrum doula from New York. She has always believed that young people deserve transparency when it comes to information about their sexual health and bodies. Carly has been a practicing abortion doula for over six years, supporting more than 2,000 individuals during their in-clinic procedures. She loves the beach, chicken tenders, and her communities. She lives with her partner Mo and their playful pitbull Mickey.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird

I think the twitter user who posted the pics took them down after threats - she had her real name as her username.
Here's a clip from when he graduated Yale in 2018, and a statement of his goals back then. Must have got the chance at a clerkship and took that instead.

This forum used to have threads about IRTs and incels, but not sure I want to go down that road yet. I will say whatever favorable treatment he may have expected from women by releasing this beyond political recognition, he will be sorely disappointed. His life alone just got even worse.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.33.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.33.55 AM.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.33.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.33.42 AM.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 9

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
Why would the DOJ prosecute him??
For the same reason that Snowden faces the wrath of the US government if he dares to go to the USA or any US lapdog that will turn him in to please their master (ex. the UK). I doubt Jain will be treated the same way because he is on the side of the puppet masters (yes, this sounds like conspiracy but it is more believable every day).

A big difference is that Snowden is a hero and tried to help American people (sadly, few appreciate his courage). Assuming Jain is the one that leaked these documents, it had no purpose because the supreme court announcement will be public record and all he might have done is give Americans an advance spoiler.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian

Author​

Carly Manes (she/her) is a white, queer, Jewish full-spectrum doula from New York. She has always believed that young people deserve transparency when it comes to information about their sexual health and bodies. Carly has been a practicing abortion doula for over six years, supporting more than 2,000 individuals during their in-clinic procedures. She loves the beach, chicken tenders, and her communities. She lives with her partner Mo and their playful pitbull Mickey.

Unsure of the right emoji to use in this case to describe such weirdos. It is a mix of clownish and creepy. Perhaps this one below fits:

b8b64ab0b0b62d6794e023e3dfb9ad64.jpg

Stoyan

Pelican
Orthodox
I personally believe life begins at birth, not at conception.

What's your logic here?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, so here's my take on this issue. People do not change their minds, their minds are changed by evidence that they see around them.

Apparently some people have memories dating back to when they were in the womb before birth, and even remember the exact event of their birth. I think that this proves that the soul comes into the baby in the womb, even before birth. It is the atheist transhumanist idea to say that babies aren't conscious beings just because they are in the womb and haven't been birthed yet. It's the ideological goal of the transhumanists, to push the time period of recognized consciousness from birth, to 28 days, to years, to even whole lifetime, considering the human being as a robot instead of a souled being.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
I personally believe life begins at birth, not at conception. And in that light, I don't have any problem with preventing pregnancy in cases of incest or rape.

Quotations from the Early Church Fathers:

HE DIDACHE​

“The second commandment of the teaching: You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not seduce boys. You shall not commit fornication. You shall not steal. You shall not practice magic. You shall not use potions. You shall not procure [an] abortion, nor destroy a newborn child” (Didache 2:1–2 [A.D. 70]).

THE LETTER OF BARNABAS​

“The way of light, then, is as follows. If anyone desires to travel to the appointed place, he must be zealous in his works. The knowledge, therefore, which is given to us for the purpose of walking in this way, is the following. . . . Thou shalt not slay the child by procuring abortion; nor, again, shalt thou destroy it after it is born” (Letter of Barnabas 19 [A.D. 74]).

TERTULLIAN​

“In our case, a murder being once for all forbidden, we may not destroy even the fetus in the womb, while as yet the human being derives blood from the other parts of the body for its sustenance. To hinder a birth is merely a speedier man-killing; nor does it matter whether you take away a life that is born, or destroy one that is coming to birth. That is a man which is going to be one; you have the fruit already in its seed” (Apology 9:8 [A.D. 197]).
“Among surgeons’ tools there is a certain instrument, which is formed with a nicely-adjusted flexible frame for opening the uterus first of all and keeping it open; it is further furnished with an annular blade, by means of which the limbs [of the child] within the womb are dissected with anxious but unfaltering care; its last appendage being a blunted or covered hook, wherewith the entire fetus is extracted by a violent delivery.

“There is also [another instrument in the shape of] a copper needle or spike, by which the actual death is managed in this furtive robbery of life: They give it, from its infanticide function, the name of embruosphaktes, [meaning] “the slayer of the infant,” which of course was alive. . . .
“[The doctors who performed abortions] all knew well enough that a living being had been conceived, and [they] pitied this most luckless infant state, which had first to be put to death, to escape being tortured alive” (The Soul 25 [A.D. 210]).

“Now we allow that life begins with conception because we contend that the soul also begins from conception; life taking its commencement at the same moment and place that the soul does” (ibid., 27).

“The law of Moses, indeed, punishes with due penalties the man who shall cause abortion [Ex. 21:22–24]” (ibid., 37).

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Geez...A former abortion doctor explained how each medical instrument works during an abortion procedure. Note the audience's reaction. Note: Video is old.